Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

**Match Thread** Tues, Jan 27th @ 21:30 in Colombus - Boardeaux V Perrem DH

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

Gutsy performance guys. Didn't get much luck with tonights results but who cares if we keep playing with determination like we did tonight. Also, hope Cathal is ok. Looked nasty. Ankle ligaments strained I'd say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Sorry, meant to say.

Cathal texted me after the match to get the score.

He said that it was still very sore and he reckoned a trip to A&E was on the cards.

I'll give him a bell tomorrow and see how he is.

Only one thing to say about the match.

What a fúcking genius substitution by me to get Derek on just before the free kick :D:D

I was just about to bang it in top corner so you needn't have worried ;)

LeixlipRed wrote: »
    I was just about to bang it in top out for a corner so you needn't have worried ;)

:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭pvt.joker

great result boys, looks like a genuine title challenge is on the cards :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭WeAreShels

Des wrote: »

Only one thing to say about the match.

What a fúcking genius substitution by me to get Derek on just before the free kick :D:D

Some would argue that the genius was the guy who stood in front of the keeper so he couldn't see the ball :cool:

Cathal would just be best icing it up and going straight to a physio tomorrow as A&E is a waste of time with sport's injuries as they'll just charge you, take x-rays and send you to a physio. I know from experience :D

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

good win and very pleasing result. could easily have drawn 0-0 had we dropped the heads. after losing 2 games in the last 15 minutes lately, its good that we turned the tide with 2 late goals ourselves this time.

super free kick from derek and fantastic work from dave to set up Ciaran for the 2nd. thats 4 in 3 now for him and from playing with him in the past, once he gets on a run, he will keep scoring, takes him to 7 for the season now.

some good performances, thought the defence was superb and they hadnt a sniff. that lad up front is the most awkward man ive ever marked, all bones, kness, elbows and pushes. proper snake, fouled every time one of us challenged him but the ref (who is a buddy of his BTW) let it go. at the other end, Art and Ciaran got kicked all over the place.

their lad in the middle (9) was an excellent player, first touch top notch and he caused us a few problems.

we also showed some balls last 15 minutes, we didnt give up and deserved the win. mark my words, that side are decent and better than 7th and will take points off one of the other teams (they play glenwood twice).

really hard luck on cathal, hope he is ok, never seen a player get injured in the first seconds of a game before.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,653 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Good performance all round I thought, and the changes that were made were fluid and everyone knew where they were playing when they came on.

Was a tough game and we stuck at it for 60 mins and got the deserved 3 points.

Good performance all round I thought, and the changes that were made were fluid and everyone knew where they were playing when they came on.

4-4-2 all the way :D:D:D

• Advertisement

and the changes that were made were fluid and everyone knew where they were playing when they came on
    Yes, I was quite happy with the changes myself, kept the shape, everyone knew what they had to do.

And can I just say, fair play to EVERYONE who called the man-on-man marking job needed on the number 9. Players on the pitch and players on the bench shouting at me at the same time to get someone out there to do the job on him, at just the right time too. Then we scored again to make it safe.

Well done everyone last night.

In bits this morning after marking that number 9 yesterday. Absolutely wrecked. Have a match with work at 2 as well. He was quality but he really didn't create much even though he had plenty of possession. Can't wait for next week now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

Great result lads, always like to hear of nice free kicks rippling the net! Momentum gathering and with a bit of luck elsewhere anything can happen...

What happened Cathal? So not only did I miss the match (due to being in poxy Athens, land of the poxy striking Greeks) but I also missed out on a chance to put my newly learned first aid course skills into work!

What happened Cathal? So not only did I miss the match (due to being in poxy Athens, land of the poxy striking Greeks) but I also missed out on a chance to put my newly learned first aid course skills into work!

Went over really badly on his foot, he looked in a lot of pain.

It's mad, he impressed last week, and kept his place in the team based on that, then this happens. Bleedin' typical :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

They got ultimately what they deserved for a night of fouling, elbows and arms that a free-kick for precisely that on Art gave us the crucial goal. Pivotal win perhaps..

dfx- wrote: »
    They got ultimately what they deserved for a night of fouling, elbows and arms that a free-kick for precisely that on Art gave us the crucial goal. Pivotal win perhaps..

Just to pick up on this.

lads, it's bloody pointless having a go at refs in this league, they never do anything about the complaints, and it could have cost us last night.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,653 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Just to pick up on this.

lads, it's bloody pointless having a go at refs in this league, they never do anything about the complaints, and it could have cost us last night.

Agree 100% best way to sock it to them (and the other team) stick it in the net and let the football do the talking.

Go mental at the ref does us not favours.

Just to pick up on this.

to an extent yes and no...depends on how you speak to them. if you use language or do it constant, ul cross the mark and get send off. i learned that with constant yellows down throught the years.

talk to them with valid intent and they will give you the benifit of the doubt. refs wont change their decisions but if you ask them a question, they may think twice the next time and give you the decision. i mouth the whole time and its 2 years since ive been booked for dissent.

i had a quite word with the ref last nite after 3 or 4 decisions and just basically asked him to keep an eye on their striker who kept pushing me and dan in the air. we got the majority of the decisions in the 2nd half in 50/50 calls. not saying its down to that, but theres a difference between abusing a ref and asking for fair play and pointing out the obvious.

just my 2 cents, no need for a reply :)

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

If you are shouting or talking to the ref while play is ongoing however, your mind is not on the game.

Advertisement