Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good Restaurant Deals during the recession

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

Pearl Brasserie is doing a two-course lunch for E22 which is good value as it's top notch. Went a couple of days ago and had crayfish salad and duck magret, very good indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭ErinGoBrath

Not so much a deal, as cracking value....

Green Nineteen, Camden Street
    www.green19.ie

Ate there last night, the food is quality simple fare with decent portions. all main courses 10euro. deserts 5 euro.

defo will be making this a regular, especially when heading to whelans for a gig...

Another vote for here from me. Simply, homely food at very cheap prices.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

http://www.hi-life.co.uk/

they have a large list of restaurants around ireland - and some very nice ones too. definitely worth getting.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 coffeycakes

Hi,

Milanos in Dunlaoghaire are offering 2for1 pizzas/ main course. Voucher is on ivenus.com

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭chahop

Jackson's restaurant in Roscommon have a new value menu available all night, 3 courses + tea or coffee for €24.95, also if you go on Wed or Thurs night you get a free drink. Not available Sat night

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭tSubh Dearg

Ate in Balzac's in the La Stampa Hotel last night. They're running a set menu Monday - Friday evening, three courses for €30.

The food was excellent, so I would totally recommend it as a more fancy night out.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Ate in Balzac's in the La Stampa Hotel last night. They're running a set menu Monday - Friday evening, three courses for €30.

The food was excellent, so I would totally recommend it as a more fancy night out.

I really like the food in Balzac's, but they levy a service charge of 12.5%.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭tSubh Dearg

It does say it is a discretionary charge, to my mind that means you can ask for it to be removed.

We did ask whether the staff get the money or not last night. We were told by the waitress that they get a precentage of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭deisebabe

http://www.hi-life.co.uk/

they have a large list of restaurants around ireland - and some very nice ones too. definitely worth getting.

I've heard off three people I know that half the places no longer accept the card.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭mambo

Le Bon Crubeen, on Talbot St.
    http://www.menupages.ie/restaurants/le_bon_crubeen.aspx

Was there on Friday night, and they were serving the lunch menu up to 9pm.

That means, 8oz sirloin stake, skinny fries and salad for... €12.50! And very nice it was too. :D Similar prices for other main courses such as lamb shank, etc.

Desserts & drinks were more normal celtic tiger prices, e.g. €6 or so for dessert.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,700 ✭✭✭✭holly1

The Westgrove Clane,Co Kildare.
    Three course meal for two adults and two children 40euros.
    Dont know what its like as I dont have two children,but it sounds very good value,and the food is very good in the restraunt.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭mambo

There's a new restaurant in Donnybrook called "Tenors Grill Room".
    http://www.tenorsgrillroom.ie/

Seems to be aiming for a cheap'n'cheerful / family market. All starters €5, all main courses €10. Their flyer claimed wines from €10(!), but when I checked their menu couldn't see anything below €17. Still, €17 ain't bad. Unusual to see a restaurant of this type / location advertising mainly on price, which can make them look a bit cheap & tacky.

It's hidden away up a side street off the main road through Donnybrook. Strange choice of location for a restaurant of this type. Location would be more suited to a more exclusive restaurant, being hidden away in a posh area. Not sure they'll have the footfall to support a cheap'n'cheerful approach.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

Was scanning the thread for a restaurant to go to tonight - does anyone know if it is necessary to book the Green19? It's gotten great reviews here so I'd love to try it out!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

Cork_girl: You probably should if you have your heart set on eating there! It does tend to fill up.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

olaola wrote: »
    Cork_girl: You probably should if you have your heart set on eating there! It does tend to fill up.

Thank you I'll give them a call at lunch so!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

Cork_girl wrote: »
    Thank you I'll give them a call at lunch so!! :D

Don't get the burger, it was really disappointing. Everything else was fab though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Marillion

They have early bird meal for 19.90- 4course
    Great value

Lunch time almost all the main courses €10 and can add glass wine for €3 or mineral €1

Food is great

Advertisement