Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Derby vs Not forest Need big win

Options
  • 23-01-2009 2:50am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭

Ok guys i havent gambled in near 9 months, but i need money urgently really urgently basically its all or bust right now, i have 1300 euro and im thinking of putting it all on Derby 2morrow night, i really really need the cash so its all or bust for me. Question is are Derby a good bet?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭IrishIrish

:D If you have to ask would you not rather put it on something you're more sure of?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

****'n degenerate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Derby played the other night, Forrest have started finding form. The latter will be stronger and more likely to score.

Check the form table
    http://www.soccerway.com/national/england/championship/2008-2009/regular-season/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 257 ✭✭63587614

I reckon Derby have a good shout watched them v UTD and at half time Brian Clough had a mass ive influence on them.

I haven't seen the market yet, but don't go all in lad. Also you need to check updates on injuries. Derby had one or two bad knocks against Utd. Just remembered there winger had bad gash on his lower leg, forget his name , he scored in opening game v Utd.

**** jus relized this is FA Cup game. Derby will prob try to concentrate more on league, Derby to prob win but would def advice against betting on cup.

You will find better markets, try OZ open in Tennis.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,334 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

I'm sure there are a lot more easier bets to call than this. Sounds like you're just lumping on the first available betting opportunity. Personally, I think draw but that's just my opinion, wouldn't be confident enough to lump that amount on

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭trailerparkboy

Ive just wet all in on derby 1285 euro to be exact, i know i could of found better bets but i did not want to go into the bookies and bet oh horses i wanted to go all in on one big bet, i really need the cash so its all or nothing, i have never betting as big as this in my life but hopefully Derby will do it for me. Thanks for the advice anyway guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,127 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Good luck with this. I wouldn't fancy been in your shoes for this one. You mustn't need the money that bad otherwise you wouldn't have potentially blown all your money on a match you know little about. Anyway that's my opinion, hope it works out for ya

Jebus! The Clough effect better work!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,230 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

****'n degenerate.

Spot on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

Thats utter madness..:eek:

Tranmere,Leeds and Lecce would be a better bet....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,354 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Ok guys i havent gambled in near 9 months, but i need money urgently really urgently basically its all or bust right now, i have 1300 euro and im thinking of putting it all on Derby 2morrow night, i really really need the cash so its all or bust for me. Question is are Derby a good bet?

You for real?

Forest are in savage form and Derby in hopeless form.

You obviously have little or no knowledge of the Championship imo.

I would 100% LAY Derby if I had to bet on that match

Best of Luck if you really did bet on it.

Yes but derby have a new manager and they played well against man utd plus the nottm forest manager is resting some of his players, derby are not, also forrest have never beaten derby at home and derby have always never been held 0-0 in the last 44 games.

The fact that Billy Davis is more concerned about league survival is your best hope alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭acer911

risky one for me mate...

i didnt put this game in an accumulator as i felt it too risky... what odds you get on it... but then again what do i no, i lost 350 on spurs mid-week...

Best of luck with it anyway...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

63587614 wrote: »
    I reckon Derby have a good shout watched them v UTD and at half time Brian Clough had a mass ive influence on them.

I haven't seen the market yet, but don't go all in lad. Also you need to check updates on injuries. Derby had one or two bad knocks against Utd. Just remembered there winger had bad gash on his lower leg, forget his name , he scored in opening game v Utd.

**** jus relized this is FA Cup game. Derby will prob try to concentrate more on league, Derby to prob win but would def advice against betting on cup.

You will find better markets, try OZ open in Tennis.

Jaysus Cloughie was a fair manager but i doubt even he can influence a team at h/t over 4 years after he's death :D Now he's son Nigel thats a different story ;)

But seriously betting big on cup football is probably the quickest way to the poorhouse, but goodluck if you do decide to

I normally never bet on football but lets put it this way i lost some cash this week not through gambling so i reallly need the money so i just choose this match now if they won and i didnt bet on it id go mad, i got 6/4 at paddy power this morning, as i said earlier i had given up gambling since last year and have been sucessful but im in a bit of a crisis at the moment so need the money, hopefully i can pull this one off, im actually not nervous at all which is unusual for me as this is the most i have ever bet.

Well the money is down, wisely or not. I don't see the point in giving you stick at this stage for what most people see as a foolish bet. I honestly hope it comes up for you. Haven't had a bet on this myself but will watch it now as I feel I have an interest in it now - I am quite sad with few friends :o

I think I speak for us all when I say good luck and hope it comes in. Then you can come back and tell us "I told you so"

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭macshadow

OP I think you should have put E85 of that on some kind of saver like derby/draw ht/ft.
    No draw for either side in last five games. I hope it works out for you.

Thanks guys, and if they win i wont come back and say i told you so as it was the first bet i saw that i lumped onto.

Actualy I think you should come back and rub our noses in it but equally do come back a wiser man if they loose (we wont laugh as its such a large sum).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,186 ✭✭✭kensutz

Putting money on a local derby is probably suicide.

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭thedini

I think the op is levelling as he clearly has put no thought whatsoever into the bet and anybody who bets their whole bank on 1 bet will only end up in the poorhouse.

There's not much point criticising him now. His bet is on. Jsut cross your fingers for the guy

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Loco

Good luck dude!

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭thedini

Collie D wrote: »
    There's not much point criticising him now. His bet is on. Jsut cross your fingers for the guy
    its better to criticise now before the match. He asked for advice, received it and still ignored it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

lets hope the bet comes in then The (nigel) clough effect might work,

Thanks for the support need it, i agree if you put all your money on one bet you will end up in the poor house but this is a once off, i have never done this before and will never do it again, its just desperate times call for deseprate measures, if i win i dont intend on gambling for a long time again.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

are u sure about this? i mean, you could buy an awful lot of wedges with that imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭max_power

lol was just about to say the same thing P_L

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭villager

best of luck mate would not have the balls to put that amount on a single bet. personally i have had a bet on more than 2.5 goals should be open being local derby.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement