Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Bangernomics car of the week/day

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭v240gltse

ah rolli what did you have to go and post that for so so tempted :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:. resist resist , put phone down

• Registered Users Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭pcardin

v240gltse wrote: »
    ah rolli what did you have to go and post that for so so tempted :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:. resist resist , put phone down

Maybe the new motor tax (1683 p/a) will calm you down? :pac:

pcardin wrote: »
    Maybe the new motor tax (1683 p/a) will calm you down? :pac:

not for 2995cc though

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭v240gltse

hi pcardin

so that's 900e for the car and 1680 for tax still it would be enjoyable motoring for 2580 for the year and at the end of the day there is more to life than counting pennies ( well thats my personal life belief anyhow !! ) :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

brendan

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

hi pcardin

so that's 900e for the car and 1680 for tax still it would be enjoyable motoring for 2580 for the year and at the end of the day there is more to life than counting pennies ( well thats my personal life belief anyhow !! ) :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

brendan
    Not that, it 2995 cc so its the rate below the >3000cc level!

hi pcardin

brendan

Tell me about it. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 588 ✭✭✭Rolli

A little off topic here. When the new tax rates come out, how much will tax be on a GS300 ?

Rolli wrote: »
    A little off topic here. When the new tax rates come out, how much will tax be on a GS300 ?

€1390 if it's 2901cc to 3000cc

RoverJames wrote: »
    €1390 if it's 2901cc to 3000cc

Féck ! Thanks for that RJ

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭I Was VB

• Registered Users Posts: 21,248 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

This annoys me though:

Title: Mercedes-Benz S-Class S320 LWB,New NCT

Details: Just passed the NCT on 29/05
    Valid to 02/2012

So in fact, only 2 months left on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭Wolverine_1999

Eoin wrote: »
    This annoys me though:

Title: Mercedes-Benz S-Class S320 LWB,New NCT

Details: Just passed the NCT on 29/05
    Valid to 02/2012

So in fact, only 2 months left on it.

Agree, what a car though! Mileage is high.. but it does stem from the workhorse Mercedes engines of the 90s.

Agree, what a car though! Mileage is high.. but it does stem from the workhorse Mercedes engines of the 90s.

Looks like a beaut alright but I don't like the borderline dishonest advert; nor the thought of a looming NCT!

That Merc will never sell though

Looks like a beaut alright but I don't like the borderline dishonest advert; nor the thought of a looming NCT!
    It probably was a new NCT when the advert was placed ;)

I know that car has been there over 9 months!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭Wolverine_1999

For tax reasons obviously..

I just looked into the UK tax system actually, for this car, nowadays you would pay £1000 car tax new for ONLY the 1st year. (i.e If you can afford it new.. you can afford to pay a bit more)

However, after the 1st year the tax drops to £450 per year. This means, that once it has hit depreciation and middle class citizens can afford one.. they can also afford the tax.

The elite are the only cared for group in this Irish society. The so called middle class support the rest of the lower classes..

Max Power1 wrote: »
    It probably was a new NCT when the advert was placed ;)

I know that car has been there over 9 months!

I take it back then, if that's the case.

not for that money but it will eventually

I take it back then, if that's the case.
    Yep (unless im very much mistaken)
    I like to browse high end cars that are dirt cheap and affordable regarding cost price - and am tempted to buy, until the daily running costs enter the equation!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

It's a 14 year old 3.2 litre, I wouldn't consider the mileage to be high...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

It's a 14 year old 3.2 litre, I wouldn't consider the mileage to be high...

yeah, the yoke has another 400 k in her :)

MidlandsM wrote: »
    yeah, the yoke has another 400 k in her :)

300k anyway.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

When I see them Mercs, the undergound Parisian smash involving Lady Di always springs to mind.

MidlandsM wrote: »
    When I see them Mercs, the undergound Parisian smash involving Lady Di always springs to mind.

A friend of mine had one, I went to buy it off him. I brought it home and it took up as much space in the drive as a lwb van.

I was also told I had to move out if I wanted it. Alas, I didn't move out. It now has a diesel and resides in Waterford.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

View2?id=9198551

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/2833680

Perfect bangernomics car, long NCT, some tax and should be extremely reliable. Only €600 quid too..

For tax reasons obviously..

I just looked into the UK tax system actually, for this car, nowadays you would pay £1000 car tax new for ONLY the 1st year. (i.e If you can afford it new.. you can afford to pay a bit more)

However, after the 1st year the tax drops to £450 per year. This means, that once it has hit depreciation and middle class citizens can afford one.. they can also afford the tax.

The elite are the only cared for group in this Irish society. The so called middle class support the rest of the lower classes..

High motor tax can equal bargains for those who can see beyond the headline figures.

I can't speak for them, but I bet that most the people on boards who drive big engine cars don't consider themselves the elite. They've just worked out the maths.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭mondeo

That Merc is lovely alright. Nct kind of scares me abit. Could be in a bad way if it failed on somthing which could turn out expensive. If I was buying that car I would be looking for the dealer to put it through the Nct again for me otherwise I wouldnt go near it or give me in writing an Nct pass guarantee next time round. I'd give him the asking price then :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭shawnee

A friend of mine had one, I went to buy it off him. I brought it home and it took up as much space in the drive as a lwb van.

I was also told I had to move out if I wanted it. Alas, I didn't move out. It now has a diesel and resides in Waterford.

Here's you're chance to reverse that decision.... call "her" bluff this time and see what happens :D You'll have both for Christmas at least.:D

• Advertisement

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/2816402

Short NCT, but with that mileage & price it seems alright

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement