Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quick Low Fat Recipes Needed - Help

Options
  • 21-01-2009 8:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 26

Hi,

I need your help...

I have started dieting and am going to the gym 3 times weekly (feeling great because of it and a lot less stressed).

On top of this I want to lose some weight by changing my diet. A lot of the low-fat recipe books have HEAPS of ingredients for each dish and it takes me AGES to cook dinners in the evening after work.

I got some dinner recipe ideas from people in work today (chicken with low fat feta, garlic, fresh herbs & veg and baby potatoes) (baked salmon with cous cous etc) but I need more quick, low fat tasty dinner ideas. Any ideas you give would be VERY MUCH appreciated!

P.S the only fish I eat is salmon so please no other fish recipes please:)

Kind regards,

mwaters.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭barbiegirl

very quick one (for 2), cut up some rashers (4 back bacon), then in a good non stick frying pan, fry them at a medium heat without any added oil. This releases their own fat, then as this happens after you can see the pan begin to take on a coat of oil, add sliced mushroom, cover with a lid, and mix about every couple of minutes until the bacon and mushrooms are to you liking. At the same time put on a pan of pasta and cook as normal. When pasta is done, take a half cup of the pasta water out and drain the rest, then add back in the pasta water, the bacon and mushrooms, some sliced scallions, half a bag of baby spinach and either 2 table spoons of sour cream, or 3 of low fat cream. Non fat greek yogurt also works really well. Stir it all up together, again on a medium heat until the spinach begins to wilt. Takes 15 minutes in total from biging to end, is gorgeous, healthy, low fat and filling. I've pointed it at between 6 and 8 WW points depending on the amount of pasta I have Bacon (3), Pasta (2-4) and the cream (1) everything else is 0.
    Pineapple chicken (2)
    add 1 chopped garlic clove to 1 teaspoon of olive oil, fry for 1 minute, then add 2 chicken breasts cut into into bite sized pieces, fry for about 5 minutes, add 1/2 a pineapple, 1 teaspoon of sugar, 2 scallions, 2 incl piece of grated ginger, 2 - 3 tablespoons of light soy sauce, 2 - 3 table spoons of water, and cook for another 3-4 minutes. Serve with cous cous or rice.
    Chicken Breast (2.5), rice (2-4), sugar 1/2, pineapple (1), olive oil (1) the rest free. Again very tasty.
    I tend to cook from scratch and on the basis that both my husband and youngest brother eat both of these recipes I'd say they are good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 mwaters

You are SUCH a star! Thanks so much for these:):)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

If you are trying to lose fat I would be steering more towards low carb than low fat.

Fat does not necessarily make you fat, it is a calorie dense food though, and too many calories from any source can make you fat.

Nuts are ~50% fat. Sugar is devoid of fat. But I would expect 500kcal of sugar would make you put on way more fat than 500kcal of nuts.

Stick to wholegrain pasta/couscous/rice/bread, if you still want some carbs, but weigh the portions! most people eat far too much.

Advertisement