Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Skeptics are losing to the Psychics

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭iamhunted

*frantically searches for the 'ignore' button*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭Ryanzo

Dont think there is an ignore button, you may have had one of those mad hallucinations you enjoyed dismissing.

*frantically searches through the yellow pages for the garda, insane criminalities department*

ps. I found a muppets avatar you might enjoy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭congo_90

first post in this corner of a controversial part of boards...
    IMO all those who believe paranormal are merely afraid to die. they can't accept the thought of this. They can't accept that the people they loved and cared for are GONE not coming back "magically" as some silvery shadow bangin doors always at night. As for tarot readers etc... what a loada bo||ocks. admitatly my mam went and the woman was surprisingly on the ball about some stuff you just couldnt have guessed..havin said that she said a loada bo||ocks about me so im defo a non believer.

She cold read your mam, anyone who has a go at cold reading can do it! You hit the nail on the head with your reason people believe in the paranormal, good man. iamhunted wants to come back now wit a big long reply going into detail about how me and you are quite uneducated about the paranormal. Bet it will contain something from his previous replies (his affirmations if you will!!!).

i'd just love to know how ye's know all this stuff for fact. for people who need proof of everything ye's are quite good at not needing proof when it suits yourselves.

Cynics in a skeptics clothing.

• Advertisement

Ryanzo wrote: »
    Bet it will contain something from his previous replies (his affirmations if you will!!!).

as I said before, you arent really that good at sarcasm. I'll be reporting you for trolling if you keep it up.

And you are being reported for threatening. Its nice to see you retaliating aggressively to the fact that your wrong, or why else would you threat.

Good boy yourself, keep repeating those affirmations/mantras.

excuse me, but what are you talking about? actually, dont answer that ... Im am really putting you on ignore from now on (its another one of those things you dont believe exists but it lives in your user control panel).

Oh i know theres an ignore list, theres just no direct ignore button like u implied. Thank you for putting me on it as now i will hopefully never have to see another reply from you EVER again... im sure many others wish they were also in my position as regards to your ignore list.

Its funny how u like talking about ignoring so much. Some people may believe that you yourself are very ignorant of many facts.

who said that?

• Advertisement

U gona follow through with ur plan of ignoring me anytime soon or do you just really enjoy me

i have to admit you are entertaining from a point and laugh at perspective

Thank you, die.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Ryanzo dial way back on the insults if you want to keep posting on this forum (as in dial them down to none).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭karynp

Ryanzo wrote: »
    She cold read your mam, anyone who has a go at cold reading can do it! You hit the nail on the head with your reason people believe in the paranormal, good man. iamhunted wants to come back now wit a big long reply going into detail about how me and you are quite uneducated about the paranormal. Bet it will contain something from his previous replies (his affirmations if you will!!!).

REALLY? OK...CAN YOU COLD READ ME PLEASE,FOR THE LAUGH...

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭MonicaBing

Lucas10101 wrote: »
    Us, the skeptics, are losing nothing. The believers are the ones losing their minds.

It just goes to show, you always have a few intelligent among the gullible.

Psychics and Mediums are under the umbrella term of "Con-Artists"...and even though you may have the odd coincidence among millions, statistically, if you analyze it, the probability of guessing anyway is roughly equal. So I'm not impressed when a fact is revealed at all.

I have a separate thread on the Forer effect which exposes Mediums and also exposes a particular medium whom I got a "reading" off. To be honest, I could have proposed better barnum statements than she did, but fair play to her, she tricks people into paying her 80euro for a visit...I call the Legal Con-Artists. She preys on peoples credulity and makes a living out of it. They also give people FALSE COMFORT and FALSE HOPE, by telling them untruths about the dead. It's enough to make you sick.

Link to thread please?

its funny but a lot of these boys never seem to come back to answer such things in these threads.

They normally just make another one saying how fake psychics are (they never seem to touch on any other part of the paranormal strangely enough) instead.

Advertisement