Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My 2000th.....Deconstruct tylerdurden94

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭bops

you are, by far, my fav poster - although i don't read any of the poker tripe that you may/may not have written

i prob have played with you at some point, but meh i don't really pay too much attention - i just play me cards (lol)

keep up the good work and gl when you is awhinnnbabyyyyyy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭tylerdurden94

con_leche wrote: »
    You play very solid by the book, cash game poker, adjusting well to position, stack sizes, etc.

You adjust calling ranges well against different players, and make good reads.

You have a decent manner at the table, and could work on bring in a bit of banter/warmth to entertain the fish, but if you log lots of hours, maybe you would prefer to save energy and effort.

Im afraid to say im at a loss to who you are? Judging by your post im sure we have played together a bit but just cant put a face to the name :o
    BuChan wrote: »
    havent played you in literally ages (well an age at least). i like your game, i've seen you make nice plays. also a consummate gentleman at the table.

unrelated and unimportant but i remember playing a weird hand against you once where i called you down A high but you had AK high, the look on your face when i told you "that's good" was funny stuff!

i think the comments on your aggression relate mostly to preflop. obv this in the past, dont know if it's still true. anyway, you didn't 3bet enough garbage hands in tournies and sometimes 3bet mid+small pairs in spots where you should just call or fold them in cash games. also early in tournies when the stacks were deep you'd limp hands like suited connecters in early position when you could raise which is a better play imo. my 2 cents.

hope to see you at the tables again soon.

Yeah i remember that, i was like wtf :eek: recently had a hand like that when a guy snapped my bet on the river and i say "obviously you win" he turns over J8 no nothing and i flip over J9 to scoop a €180 pot :D

Nice post alot to take from it and think about, regards the suited connectors i have taken that on board and adjusted that to my game accordingly.

Hope online is going good and you get a nice spin to see you back at the tables again soon.

bops wrote: »
    you are, by far, my fav poster - although i don't read any of the poker tripe that you may/may not have written

i prob have played with you at some point, but meh i don't really pay too much attention - i just play me cards (lol)

keep up the good work and gl when you is awhinnnbabyyyyyy

Im not sure what to make of that :confused::o

41511.jpg

(thanks :))

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭Goodluck2me

I didnt realise I knew you until I seen that photo!

I've played with you a few times all right, no memorable flaws as its been so long since I've met you at a table, I'll know for future reference tho!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭NuckChorris1

Alright Danny! No comment to make other than it's good to play at the table with you for the craic. I'm no man to give any poker advice but thanks to the introduction to Shay Laren - her official website is quite interesting.

Best of luck at the tables and with the next 8000 posts :D
    Might see ye for the 'Irish' game tomorrow.

• Advertisement

I didnt realise I knew you until I seen that photo!

I've played with you a few times all right, no memorable flaws as its been so long since I've met you at a table, I'll know for future reference tho!

Maybe jackyback was right and in future for any deconstruct a pic of the person in question and it should be able to clear up a few things.
    Alright Danny! No comment to make other than it's good to play at the table with you for the craic. I'm no man to give any poker advice but thanks to the introduction to Shay Laren - her official website is quite interesting.

Best of luck at the tables and with the next 8000 posts :D
    Might see ye for the 'Irish' game tomorrow.

Yeah her pics are quite nice in goggle images safe search off obviously :D

Your a guy ive put alot of tournament hours in with, so your defo the right person to give some judgment on my game, go on you know you want to!

Doubt i will be in for it sure you have that game locked up the last while, if im going anywhere its going to be the double chance in the fitz.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,508 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

You drink vodka and red bull well.

Keep up the good contributions to the forum. Hopefully I'll have something poker related to add to your next deconstrcting thread as we might have played at the same table by then.

gl with the next 2000 Danny.

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭Lao Lao

Hey Danny, I've probably put in (one of) the most hours with you over the last couple of months so I'll throw in my 2cent here for what's it. Hope you can take some stuff out of this.

Like others have said, you have a very good knowledge of the game and are a pleasure to have at the table. To be honest, when I enter a tourney, I don't like to seee you at my table, not that I'm fearful of ya or anything, just that I know that there are a lot of players that are easier to get chips out of!

Right then, compliments over, here are a couple of things that I think may help you, no major leaks, just reckon a few small things could improve your win/profit rate. Like I said, these are just my opinions so take what you will from it

1) Tilt - This has already been mentioned and in fairness to you, you have brought it under control a lot since the first time I met you but it still rears it's ugly head every now and then. I remember one night in particlular in the SE where I really wanted to drag you away from the table as you were on super mega monkey tilt!

2) Shoving in tourney's - As Anthony has already mentioned, I noticed that you often shoved with marginal hands when you had 10+bbs when I don't think you had to. Think you need to believe that A) you can wait for a better spot and B) that you are good enough to play the short stack without having to panic

3) Tapping the Aquarium - In fairness, I've only ever seen you lose it at the tables once or twice but when you did, it was directed at the fish. (The time when the four work mates were in the SE before Christmas springs to mind) They were head wrecking as fcuk but after your outburst, some wanted to leave the table. They were totally the value! Sometimes you got to just listen to their ****e and smile while you take their money :D

4) Strategy - I know you're not one for reading loads of poker books and getting too in depth into theory but I reckon you can't go wrong with reading the odd book and reading all the HH on here & 2+2 - It can only improve your game

5) Cash Games - As it was already said before, you have good positional awareness and can adjust accordingly but over the last say, 6 months, I thought that you played too many pots than neccessary (U need to balance that statement with the fact that I'm a nit :D) but I often thought that u tried too hard to win a pot with A or K high by 3 barrlling. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for that but just think you were doing it against too many stations who were always going to call you down with 5th pair.

6) Online - I really think you need to get some cash online. It doesn't have to be a huge amount. 300-350 quid would get you a roll of about $500 which is enough to play 20NL cash or $20 tourneys. The amount of hands you can get in online is way way way more than you can ever get live and the more hands you play, the more spots you can get into and hopefully, the better you can get. The trick is obv to get a decent RB deal before you sign up

Lastly on a poker front, if I ever raise in a tourney and you wake up with AA behind, it's ALWAYS a snap fold on your part. One outers are my specialty :D:D:D

Nice work on the pics of de wimmens but Tight Ted has totally ruined the one on the left for me. I've seen her loads on this forum and had deluded convinced myself that she was a regular ordinary hot French chick. Now that I know she is just some Yankee Doodle brazer, it kinda take away her appeal for me
    although I obviously still would in a heartbeat

Hope you take some ggod stuff from the deconstruction!

KevIRL wrote: »
    You drink vodka and red bull well.

Keep up the good contributions to the forum. Hopefully I'll have something poker related to add to your next deconstrcting thread as we might have played at the same table by then.

gl with the next 2000 Danny.

Its an honor and a pleasure :D

Vodka and Red Bull was the fuel for the fire no more of the wowey sauce for me, dont wake up some mornings feeling like absolute death anymore.

Thanks Kev"supermod"IRL

Lao Lao wrote: »
    Hey Danny, I've probably put in (one of) the most hours with you over the last couple of months so I'll throw in my 2cent here for what's it. Hope you can take some stuff out of this.

Like others have said, you have a very good knowledge of the game and are a pleasure to have at the table. To be honest, when I enter a tourney, I don't like to seee you at my table, not that I'm fearful of ya or anything, just that I know that there are a lot of players that are easier to get chips out of!

Right then, compliments over, here are a couple of things that I think may help you, no major leaks, just reckon a few small things could improve your win/profit rate. Like I said, these are just my opinions so take what you will from it

1) Tilt - This has already been mentioned and in fairness to you, you have brought it under control a lot since the first time I met you but it still rears it's ugly head every now and then. I remember one night in particlular in the SE where I really wanted to drag you away from the table as you were on super mega monkey tilt!

2) Shoving in tourney's - As Anthony has already mentioned, I noticed that you often shoved with marginal hands when you had 10+bbs when I don't think you had to. Think you need to believe that A) you can wait for a better spot and B) that you are good enough to play the short stack without having to panic

3) Tapping the Aquarium - In fairness, I've only ever seen you lose it at the tables once or twice but when you did, it was directed at the fish. (The time when the four work mates were in the SE before Christmas springs to mind) They were head wrecking as fcuk but after your outburst, some wanted to leave the table. They were totally the value! Sometimes you got to just listen to their ****e and smile while you take their money :D

4) Strategy - I know you're not one for reading loads of poker books and getting too in depth into theory but I reckon you can't go wrong with reading the odd book and reading all the HH on here & 2+2 - It can only improve your game

5) Cash Games - As it was already said before, you have good positional awareness and can adjust accordingly but over the last say, 6 months, I thought that you played too many pots than neccessary (U need to balance that statement with the fact that I'm a nit :D) but I often thought that u tried too hard to win a pot with A or K high by 3 barrlling. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for that but just think you were doing it against too many stations who were always going to call you down with 5th pair.

6) Online - I really think you need to get some cash online. It doesn't have to be a huge amount. 300-350 quid would get you a roll of about $500 which is enough to play 20NL cash or $20 tourneys. The amount of hands you can get in online is way way way more than you can ever get live and the more hands you play, the more spots you can get into and hopefully, the better you can get. The trick is obv to get a decent RB deal before you sign up

Lastly on a poker front, if I ever raise in a tourney and you wake up with AA behind, it's ALWAYS a snap fold on your part. One outers are my specialty :D:D:D

Nice work on the pics of de wimmens but Tight Ted has totally ruined the one on the left for me. I've seen her loads on this forum and had deluded convinced myself that she was a regular ordinary hot French chick. Now that I know she is just some Yankee Doodle brazer, it kinda take away her appeal for me
    although I obviously still would in a heartbeat

Hope you take some ggod stuff from the deconstruction!

Yeah we have ended up playing alot of tournament and cash game hours together probably more so than anybody. So to read your post its an eye opener as the way im perceived at the table.

1. Tilt - The night your referring to was that the one with Besh?

2. Shoving in Tourneys - i use to have a mindset of if you had 10bbs you were bolloxed and had to push blah blah blah but have come to the realization that your not on the morphine drip at that stage just yet.

3. Tapping the Aquarium - Duh Danny shut the hell up and stop ruining it for everybody else. Sometimes it just cant be helped :o

4. Strategy - not just poker books but not a big reader in general, its not that i dont like talking strategy, its cbet this +ev that kinda goes in one ear and out the other sometimes. I do have have Haringtons and Sklansky and a few other books on pdf but just havent got around to reading them yet. Obviously the point to take from this is to do more reading and thinking and writing.

5. Cash Games - dont get me wrong i get the point about "dont bluff the stations" but i thought the number of hands i played had decreased because i didnt want to be getting into bad situations with stupid hands oop and the likes, folding my hand in the small blind for €1 and people saying "cant believe you folded for €1" but thats definitely something i would like to discuss further.

6. Online - alot of people have asked me do i play online, and as i would like to play on full tilt or pokerstars having no credit card is a nightmare for me. I know i could use paddy power or boyles etc to lodge money in the shop, seeing you post about ipoker i dont think i could handle it :eek: (back to monkey tilt) and as i only bought a new tv and using it as my main monitor i dont want to end up smashing the thing to a million pieces.

I will try and dig up some pics of hot french chicks for you (edit i did). Yes you are a jammie swine, but dont fold QQ to me on a J high board when im holding QQ :pac: :D:)

Thanks for the post have a few things to work on from it.

Melissa-Theuriau.jpg

Obviously you should check out her goggle images Melissa Theuriau

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

um,

Try to get to a bigger event for a weekend this year, do a proper festival instead of the hit and run u did in killarney!

congrats on the posts man, ur a gent and +EV for boards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Jayminator

Hey Danny,
    I am only seeing this now. We have nt played together in a while as I aint been playing too much but the times we ve played I ve most always found you to be in great form and a pleasure to chat to.

I did say most always.... There have been a few times when you have lost the rag a lil bit and directed this to the wrong people. i.e the ones you need to keep at the table. Keep this under control, smile and just say well played sir nice hand.

I have noticed you tilting a lot at times so try work on that.

From a poker point if view I regard you as a very solid player who needs to be a bit more aggressive if played back at.
    I do notice you open a lot of pots in cash and tournys. Stronger players will notice your aggro opening of pots and will play back at you quicker. I ve found you folding too often to 3 bets pre flop from better players when they could be very often be 3 betting with air. Nothing wrong with this but The point im trying to make is if you become a bit more aware of this and find a LAG re pumping it may be a good time to play some tougher poker and 4 bet etc.

Overall good solid player who sometimes needs to work on temperment a bit and control the titantic tilt. Hope this makes sense. (im tired)

GL

Jay

zuroph wrote: »
    um,

Try to get to a bigger event for a weekend this year, do a proper festival instead of the hit and run u did in killarney!

congrats on the posts man, ur a gent and +EV for boards.

I know i know i would of really liked to have stayed, but didnt want to miss my nephews bday.
    Jayminator wrote: »
    Hey Danny,
    I am only seeing this now. We have nt played together in a while as I aint been playing too much but the times we ve played I ve most always found you to be in great form and a pleasure to chat to.

I did say most always.... There have been a few times when you have lost the rag a lil bit and directed this to the wrong people. i.e the ones you need to keep at the table. Keep this under control, smile and just say well played sir nice hand.

I have noticed you tilting a lot at times so try work on that.

From a poker point if view I regard you as a very solid player who needs to be a bit more aggressive if played back at.
    I do notice you open a lot of pots in cash and tournys. Stronger players will notice your aggro opening of pots and will play back at you quicker. I ve found you folding too often to 3 bets pre flop from better players when they could be very often be 3 betting with air. Nothing wrong with this but The point im trying to make is if you become a bit more aware of this and find a LAG re pumping it may be a good time to play some tougher poker and 4 bet etc.

Overall good solid player who sometimes needs to work on temperment a bit and control the titantic tilt. Hope this makes sense. (im tired)

GL

Jay

Im sure you dont remember the last few times we have played together coz you were steaming drunk on a few occasions :pac: ;)

Nice post will try and plug up them leaks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭Macspower

TY for Shay Laren image search idea.... that is all...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭jbravado

Fair dues Danny

I have not played with you in a long time so wouldnt feel comfortable adding anything as afaik your game has come on a lot. Sound man though and enjoy being at the same table as you. All the best.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭thenutpeddler

Hey Danny,

I agree with alot of what Lao Lao said.

I've seen ya ship from early position with 15-20bbs with non premium hands in tournies

Also at a SE final table i've seen you call a late position shove (15-20bbish) with a small pocet pair when in the blinds for your tourny life, just cause you thought the guy was at it (think he had 10s). You're racing at best here and as u know at these final tables there are 4-5 weak players so there are easier ways than gambling to accumulate chips.

Regarding your aggression, I'd be careful how you apply the advice you've been given here. I've seen a couple of tight players turn into spewtards when told to be more aggressive. When it comes to SE PL cash I prefer a passive agressive game with emphasis on pot control. Open less pots out of position and more in position and keep the pots small when you need them to be. Remember that the vast majority of players in there are stations so play them like stations (don't bluff them, value bet them and over value bet the really bad ones)

Also keep profit and loss sheets and fill them in after every session.

I never knew you were as moany as what people are saying here, are you becoming the new "bad beat Jo" :)

gl with this and I'll c ya in there tonight

tom

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Hi Danny, I have not played a ton with you, but you have always been a pleasure to have at the table. From what limited time I have played with you, you did seem to lack aggression(look who's talking!), especially in position. You may have worked on this(as I have) since last we played.

Gl in 2009 and beyond.
    Macspower wrote: »

And this also.

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭doke

Hi Danny, not played with you much so can't say I've spotted any huge flaws or leaks in your game, you seemed very solid based on my limited sample.

Always enjoy your contributions here, keep up the good work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,720 ✭✭✭El Stuntman

doke wrote: »

babelfish translates this as "more tits please"

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

just noticed i passed 3000 posts somewhere last night. oh wells.

• Advertisement

Macspower wrote: »

Just here to contribute.
    jbravado wrote: »
    Fair dues Danny

I have not played with you in a long time so wouldnt feel comfortable adding anything as afaik your game has come on a lot. Sound man though and enjoy being at the same table as you. All the best.

Yeah been awhile alright, back then i just didnt have a clue against you sometimes as what the hell was going on. Glad ive progressed a little and now have an idea of where i stand in a hand with you.

Always a pleasure Sam.

Hey Danny,

I agree with alot of what Lao Lao said.

I've seen ya ship from early position with 15-20bbs with non premium hands in tournies

Also at a SE final table i've seen you call a late position shove (15-20bbish) with a small pocet pair when in the blinds for your tourny life, just cause you thought the guy was at it (think he had 10s). You're racing at best here and as u know at these final tables there are 4-5 weak players so there are easier ways than gambling to accumulate chips.

Regarding your aggression, I'd be careful how you apply the advice you've been given here. I've seen a couple of tight players turn into spewtards when told to be more aggressive. When it comes to SE PL cash I prefer a passive agressive game with emphasis on pot control. Open less pots out of position and more in position and keep the pots small when you need them to be. Remember that the vast majority of players in there are stations so play them like stations (don't bluff them, value bet them and over value bet the really bad ones)

Also keep profit and loss sheets and fill them in after every session.

I never knew you were as moany as what people are saying here, are you becoming the new "bad beat Jo" :)

gl with this and I'll c ya in there tonight

tom

Nice post Tom, i remember awhile ago chatting about your run and you mentioned that you kept proper track with a little knocked up Excel sheet, that is definitely one area that i have to work on.

Nah i never have been or never will be as bad Joe, but i use to tilt like a motherfcuker at times but i do believe i have controlled that somewhat.

Moneymaker wrote: »
    Hi Danny, I have not played a ton with you, but you have always been a pleasure to have at the table. From what limited time I have played with you, you did seem to lack aggression(look who's talking!), especially in position. You may have worked on this(as I have) since last we played.

Gl in 2009 and beyond.

And this also.

Much appreciate the reply.
    doke wrote: »
    Hi Danny, not played with you much so can't say I've spotted any huge flaws or leaks in your game, you seemed very solid based on my limited sample.

Very limited time alright, i remember sitting to your right in the SE 275 game before Christmas thinking "oh fcuk" that's all i need. I seen you play a hand superbly against Liam Flood now if i could just pick up on stuff like that i would be flying.
    babelfish translates this as "more tits please"

Yes pics will continue to flow, got one removed earlier very risque!
    zuroph wrote: »
    just noticed i passed 3000 posts somewhere last night. oh wells.

I think you should do a thread and teach us all a little magic trick. Just my 2c :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭pocketdooz

Danny

Not a whole lot to say on the poker front. I don't go to the SE anymore at all and you are rarely (if ever) in the Fitz. The one time we did was at the final table of that deepstack event in the Fitz and I thought you played well.

Best of luck with your future poker escapades. One thing I might say is I rarely see you in the HH section. But maybe like me you read there but don't post so much . . .

2,000 by the way ? Only seems like a few weeks ago it was 1,000 . . .

Good luck with everything.

A man who gets it in on the turn certain that he's ahead with 3rd pair on a flushed board is doing alright in my book :D

Unlucky in the tournie last night, when we clashed it was just the cards doing the talking. Sounds like the IO sat on Tue might get a few runners.

pocketdooz wrote: »
    Danny

Not a whole lot to say on the poker front. I don't go to the SE anymore at all and you are rarely (if ever) in the Fitz. The one time we did was at the final table of that deepstack event in the Fitz and I thought you played well.

Best of luck with your future poker escapades. One thing I might say is I rarely see you in the HH section. But maybe like me you read there but don't post so much . . .

2,000 by the way ? Only seems like a few weeks ago it was 1,000 . . .

Good luck with everything.

I had planned on making it to the Fitz last Friday but it was horrible out so i didnt want to move. Yeah i had went back to see when my 1000th post was didnt realise it wasnt so long ago, meh must be posting pure rubbish then so!
    A man who gets it in on the turn certain that he's ahead with 3rd pair on a flushed board is doing alright in my book :D

Unlucky in the tournie last night, when we clashed it was just the cards doing the talking. Sounds like the IO sat on Tue might get a few runners.

You liked that did you? :p Yeah was a strange hand, coz im never putting you on that hand there, oh well thems are the breaks!

You liked that did you? :p Yeah was a strange hand, coz im never putting you on that hand there, oh well thems are the breaks!

Nah, not on about the flush vs flush hand, that was just cold deck. Was on about the cash afterwards.

Contant raiser raises 7 UTG, Superdan calls from BB.
    Flop K,9,rag all diamonds I think.
    Check, pot bet, call.
    Turn J non-diamond.
    Check, pot bet, you think for a while then shove for bout 80/90 and get called.
    You'd 97o and he had bare Ad.
    Black rag river. Nice one!!!

Nah, not on about the flush vs flush hand, that was just cold deck. Was on about the cash afterwards.

Contant raiser raises 7 UTG, Superdan calls from BB.
    Flop K,9,rag all diamonds I think.
    Check, pot bet, call.
    Turn J non-diamond.
    Check, pot bet, you think for a while then shove for bout 80/90 and get called.
    You'd 97o and he had bare Ad.
    Black rag river. Nice one!!!

Yeah i meant the "did you like that" in reference to the 97 hand. That hand is all over the place didn't go down like that ;)

I make it €7 with 9c7c he makes it €15 i call.

Flop Kd9d3d i check, he bets €20/€25 i call
    No diamond on the turn i check, he bets €60, i think about it for a bit and push for €118 and once he didnt snap call i knew i was good just had to avoid a diamond or Ace on the river.

Ship Ship :D

Well it looks like this has finished up, not much going on with it the last few days so i think its about time to wrap it up.

Just want to say thanks to everybody that took the time to put a few words in, much appreciated.

Now its time to go and make some of this happen!

And to finish this thread off.....

2zqr4n7.gif

7wie2l0.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭YULETIRED

Danny,
    I've only seen this thread now, not played much with you (6 or 7 times). Last time was in the SE quite a while ago. The only things I could put my finger on was you have two gears. You play tight (which is no bad thing in the SE) and when you are being pushed around you tend to push as opposed to playing postflop poker. I think you should have more confidence in your game
    spend more time on your decisions and play the player more. From playing a lot in the SE in there you should have a range of hands for the different players, use these ranges and play more post flop hands with them. (pick your spots of course). I think you should look to pick up more more medium pots as opposed to exposing yourself to big showdowns which takes away any edge you have over LAG weak players.
    Good luck

Keep tohse pics coming. Disappointed you didn't do the movie thing.

Advertisement