Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Women are inherently programmed to be gold-diggers

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,185 ✭✭✭asdasd

They're only a gold digging ho if they fake it.

According to the report they can be "gold digging hos" and not have to fake it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 482 ✭✭Mont

sure we all know this, women suck c*** for cash

always have, always will:p

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭Wudyaquit

peanuthead wrote: »
    I never said that it doesn't happen, all I'm saying that there is a certain type of woman who does that, and that is by no means all women!

Sure some of those footballers/actors are as ugly as sin, and they have fantastic looking women on their arms, and thats fair enough. But to say that if one of them approached me that I would hop into bed with them in exchange for a designer handbag is wrong, because I , my dear, can afford my own designer handbag. And if I can't, Ill save for it.

The bank balance has an influence in most cases - if you think of any women you know and ask if they would be going out with their bf's / husbands if they were unemployed and had no prospects, they probably would never have got together with them in the first place.
    I don't think it's conceited or that woman are conciously looking for money, but it seems very clear that women are more attracted to a man with money than they would be if that man was broke.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

That's complete and utter bollix.

I'm a fat poor bastard and I've made women cum.

Only two, but I did it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,431 ✭✭✭✭Saibh

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

i'm even uglier brah!!!

Lets just say 90% of women would shag Brian Cowen but 0% of men would shag Mary Harney

This illustrates that most women are inherently w****s

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,431 ✭✭✭✭Saibh

Mont wrote: »
    Lets just say 90% of women would shag Brian Cowen but 0% of men would shag Mary Harney

This illustrates that most women are inherently women

fixed that for you

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

peanuthead wrote: »
    That is seriously a load of crap, and only refers to women who have no respect for themselves, no sense of pride, no shame, no independence.

And as for the type of man who will happily settle with a woman he knows is only after his money?? Well, don't pretend to be surprised when you find out he's shagging his secretary!!
    I think you missed the point. The article isn't saying that women do it consciously.
    Nor does it say anything about the men knowing or even thinking the women are with them for their money.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,422 ✭✭✭Tirabaralla

I think it's easier...there are good and brave people who follow their hearts and ideas and there are w****s, both male and female, that would do a lot or everything for convenience (whatever they think their convenience is).
    (This said about love life, working life, friendships, etc...)
    You know were u stand.

• Advertisement

I think it's easier...there are good and brave people who follow their hearts and ideas and there are w****s, both male and female, that would do a lot or everything for convenience (whatever they think their convenience is).
    (This said about love life, working life, friendships, etc...)
    You know were u stand.

Chin up now, come on, you wont feel the Christmas
    ;)

Chin up now, come on, you wont feel the Christmas
    ;)
    Eh?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

Biggins wrote: »
    Lets cut to the chase - you want to know about women?
    You want the truth? You can't handle the truth...

1052map.jpg

2nsqhs8.jpg

30uejio.jpg

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

shamelessly stolen from the humour forum, be original or GTFO

Eh?

Your post is straight from the heart, its a saturday night cmon

im just comin down after half a yoke and feel like crying

:eek:

Your post is straight from the heart, its a saturday night cmon

im just comin down after half a yoke and feel like crying

:eek:

LOL
    If u have issues with your inner self don't blame me :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,045 ✭✭✭Húrin

I love how these kinds of studies are often posted with the presupposition that they're authoritive on the matter. It sounds like a lot of variables had to be ignored to come to the conclusion that Women are inherently programmed to be gold-diggers.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭Darkbloom

Haha, my thoughts exactly Hurin.

I wonder if this bitter little study was motivated by the fact that he looks like this?

Darkbloom wrote: »

I wonder if this bitter little study was motivated by the fact that he looks like this?

where the hell did you get that link, thats whats scaring me

Darkbloom wrote: »

He's not too bad to me :)
    But it's true...this kind of studies scary me a bit...u really can demostrate almost anything and the opposite of it...and then someone uses it to open a misogynous thread on the internet...lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

Húrin wrote: »
    I love how these kinds of studies are often posted with the presupposition that they're authoritive on the matter. It sounds like a lot of variables had to be ignored to come to the conclusion that Women are inherently programmed to be gold-diggers.
    There were of course, several factors involved in such differences but, said Pollet, money was one of the main ones.

So they didn't ignore anything. The money thing just emerged as a strong trend.

• Advertisement

where the hell did you get that link, thats whats scaring me

I Googled his name to see if he was real!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,568 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

I came across some studies a couple of years ago that came to the assumption that because females are more of a naturing and motherly tendency, they subconsciously chose what they consider best for them eventually when setteling down (at least), pick those that will offer the best advantages, etc to her and her offspring.
    This idea put forward makes sence to be honest.
    The only thing that really has changed since time began for the female of the spicies, is the methods/ways out there that will show this indicator factor for them. Be it food, money, stronger shelter, etc the stronger in each category the Alpha-male homosapien is to the female, the better his chances subconsciously to begin with against the Beta-males also in his company or area.

http://www.ncl.ac.uk/cbe/postgrad/phd/pollet.htm

Some of his other "studies" look hilarious. Why aren't clowns like him on the dole?

Biggins wrote: »
    I came across some studies a couple of years ago that came to the assumption that because females are more of a naturing and motherly tendency, they subconsciously chose what they consider best for them eventually when setteling down (at least), pick those that will offer the best advantages, etc to her and her offspring.
    This idea put forward makes sence to be honest.
    The only thing that really has changed since time began for the female of the spicies, is the methods/ways out there that will show this indicator factor for them. Be it food, money, stronger shelter, etc the stronger in each category the Alpha-male homosapien is to the female, the better his chances subconsciously to begin with against the Beta-males also in his company or area.
    All this presupponing human beings being the same as wild animals...not even dogs "work" like this (anymore?), c'mon...

It's called " fethering the nest!" the more feathers (money) you have the more attractive you are..... so if you have fewer feathers... but they are good quality ones,.. she will make them go a loooong way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭towel401

All this presupponing human beings being the same as wild animals...not even dogs "work" like this (anymore?), c'mon...

i think the idea is that humans might be slightly more complicated than wild animals but really the wild animal part is still running the show in the background. its kind of depressing really

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

I rolled my eyes so hard at this thread I dislocated one of them.

towel401 wrote: »
    i think the idea is that humans might be slightly more complicated than wild animals but really the wild animal part is still running the show in the background. its kind of depressing really

Hi there ^_^

I agree that we are still instinct...but from this to say that we are all survival instinct and nothing else...it's quite sad.
    Instinct it's a good stuff, for me, but I mainly have feelings and thoughts, dunno about the rest of the humanity, I choose my friends and lovers among the ones that don't (or doesn't seem to) look for convenience in relationships...I think it's a good starting point, both for males and females.

Now I stop cause otherwise then someone can come and accuse-me to be to open-hearted... :P :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Silverfish wrote: »
    ... I dislocated one of them.
    That was from Naked Terry i'm sure. *afraid to open attachments*

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

The women that go after men for their money get the type of men who are with women for their looks.

Its 50/50, each party benefits in a different way.

Advertisement