Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paid Posters

Options
  • 15-01-2009 12:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Alright,

we know that a good few people that post on this forum are paid to do so.

I'll start with the most obvious;

1) OscarBravo. The most PC person you will ever encounter on a forum. Spouts the government line on virtually every issue. Receives government grant to run his business. Main areas of interest; tackling anyone who questions the global warming scam, anyone who exposes the totalitarian EU state.

2) Scofflaw. Devoted proponent of all things EU. Give a four word comment from an anti EU stance and you will get a two page reply. Seems well schooled in the main areas of debate.

3) DJPBarry. Government researcher. Spends the vast majority of his day on the forum. Main areas of concern are once again global warming and the EU. Anyone spot a trend? DJP also takes offence to anyone pointing out the fact that we are getting sprayed like ants from the sky. Mr Barry is also touchy on the fact the all scientists receive grants, and will as a result promote anything.

Possible Paid Posters

1) Bonkey. Once again Bonkey is pro Europe, pro global warming, and self styled DEBUNKER. Seems an intelligent enough fella, if somewhat arrogant.

Any comments?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Mena

Paid by who?

Can I apply or are the positions reserved?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,432 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Alright,

I'll start with the most obvious;

1) OscarBravo. The most PC person you will ever encounter on a forum. Spouts the government line on virtually every issue. Receives government grant to run his business. Main areas of interest; tackling anyone who questions the global warming scam, anyone who exposes the totalitarian EU state.

2) Scofflaw. Devoted proponent of all things EU. Give a four word comment from an anti EU stance and you will get a two page reply. Seems well schooled in the main areas of debate.

3) DJPBarry. Government researcher. Spends the vast majority of his day on the forum. Main areas of concern are once again global warming and the EU. Anyone spot a trend? DJP also takes offence to anyone pointing out the fact that we are getting sprayed like ants from the sky. Mr Barry is also touchy on the fact the all scientists receive grants, and will as a result promote anything.

Possible Paid Posters

1) Bonkey. Once again Bonkey is pro Europe, pro global warming, and self styled DEBUNKER. Seems an intelligent enough fella, if somewhat arrogant.

Any comments?
    either you are a really quick study - or you are likely to be banned soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 JimmyMarshal

either you are a really quick study - or you are likely to be banned soon.

Paddy Power would not be taking any bets on the second option, put it that way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 JimmyMarshal

Mena wrote: »
    Paid by who?

Can I apply or are the positions reserved?

Paid by the government.

I think you need an inside track to get a "start".

• Registered Users Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭toiletduck

Alright,

Any comments?

Yeah I have one. Have you any evidence whatsoever?

Also wouldn't 'they' also hire disinfo posters aswell, care to hazzard a guess as to who they are? *throws petrol on the fire*

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Judging from the delusions/bull**** being spouted by the OP I'd say there's a chance he's being paid by Libertas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Another amazing trend I spotted, all the mentioned posters disagree with the OP about some stuff, so they are of course fully paid up memebers of the ZOG conspiracy. Obvious, really.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,233 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

Is there somewhere you can sign up to be paid or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭toiletduck

Nah, Bord Snip forced them to implement a hiring freeze.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,233 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

toiletduck wrote: »
    Nah, Bord Snip forced them to implement a hiring freeze.
    Nuts. Looks like I'll have to argue against bull**** for free.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Nick_oliveri

Paid posters...
    Utter Facepalm.

Im sure this thread will lead to great debate, maybe you can edit your post to include everyone in this thread that ridiculed you. Include me.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,029 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

OP is utterly wrong. I am the only person paid for posting.

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Lplated

People, ye have short memories!

Do you not remember the controversy about the civil servants (working out of the taoiseachs office at the time), whose only role was 'media monitoring' and then subsequent 'correction' or 'clarification' for those misguided enough to put out an anti-government line.

That particular controversy didn't actually involve boards (or the internet in general), but it wouldn't require much of a stretch of imagination to imagine that they would have extended their reach in the last few years.

As far as I'm concerned, once someone highlights or lets their particular bias be known, thats fair enough. What they say can then be judged in the context that they have a particular line to spin.

Don't know the OP, or any of the people he mentioned, but i wouldn't be so quick to rubbish his theory...

• Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

Any comments?

Yes.

Give me evidence, or face a banning.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

bonkey wrote: »
    Yes.

Spoken like a Nazi. More evidence that this State is secretly conspiring with the NWO!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭thecommander

bonkey wrote: »

If you took that view with all threads there'd be noone left.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,590 ✭✭✭Tristram

I'd imagine there are paid posters. I think Libertas were shown to have employed folks to post on forums and sms radio shows during run-up to last referendum.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Lplated wrote: »
    People, ye have short memories!

Do you not remember the controversy about the civil servants (working out of the taoiseachs office at the time), whose only role was 'media monitoring' and then subsequent 'correction' or 'clarification' for those misguided enough to put out an anti-government line.

That particular controversy didn't actually involve boards (or the internet in general), but it wouldn't require much of a stretch of imagination to imagine that they would have extended their reach in the last few years.

As far as I'm concerned, once someone highlights or lets their particular bias be known, thats fair enough. What they say can then be judged in the context that they have a particular line to spin.

Don't know the OP, or any of the people he mentioned, but i wouldn't be so quick to rubbish his theory...

I highlighted the important word.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

If you can prove anyone is shilling then I'll siteban them as we siteban shills, spammers and general muppets. Not much proof so far..

Spoken like a Nazi.

Its instructional to note that trying enforcing the charter which obliges posters to treat each other with respect makes me a Nazi in your eyes.

• Advertisement

If you took that view with all threads there'd be noone left.

As long as I remain mod, I'll take that view with anyone starting a thread which - in the absence of evidence to support the claim - is either trollery, a direct slur on other posters, or both.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

Is it a slur?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

howsit casey :)

I concur with Bonkey, tis a slur.

also Ibid, thats almost worse

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭Aye Matey!

A bold OP but perhaps too bold.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

I dunno, i like him.

I hope he gets to the bottom of this./

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

right so, for todays foray into modutils I'm gonna see how this Muppetcheck thingy works.

if you are Casey PM me, I may have a solution

otherwise you know the drill

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,795 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

Any comments?
    Yup. This isn't the first time you've made reference to me getting government money, but it's the first time you've been honest enough to mention that it was in the form of grants for business. So, in the interest of full disclosure:

I run and part-own an ISP. In 2005 my company applied for and received a relatively small amount of money under the (then) DCMNR's Group Broadband Scheme in the form of 55% grant assistance toward the capital cost of building broadband infrastructure in rural areas. In return for the grant funding the company complied fully with the obligations of the scheme.

If this makes me a "paid debunker" in your eyes, then you have serious psychological problems. Mind you, your obsession with trolling this website means that that's a conclusion I came to a long, long time ago.

Do yourself a favour: get help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭Aye Matey!

oscarBravo wrote: »
    If this makes me a "paid debunker" in your eyes, then you have serious psychological problems. Mind you, your obsession with trolling this website means that that's a conclusion I came to a long, long time ago.

If the guy sincerley believes you to be a funded disinformant then its quite plausible that he'd assume your interest in the communication industry to be benign and your denial of such an affiliation to be expected. It boils down to his sincerity of belief though like I said. Initially I thought the OP was little more than tongue-in-cheek but now I'm confused as to what poster's intent was. :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭WhaLofShi

Agreed. I thought he was just having a laugh.

However, I am surprised at the reaction to this to be honest. I would have assumed that a post like this would have had a load of LOLs and further snide(ish) type comments slagging off the "accused" and adding a few more. Instead of it being seen as a joke, like it should have been, there are banning threats and the usual (absolutely ridiculous) calls for evidence.
    I suspect some of you have had a sense of humour removal at some point in the past.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Gordon wrote: »
    If you can prove anyone is shilling then I'll siteban them as we siteban shills, spammers and general muppets. Not much proof so far..
    I once won a free bottle of coke while posting on boards. I give up. Put the cuffs on. ;_;

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement