Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Out of Focus and off topic...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,392 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

Calina wrote: »
    Totally.

Mind you I'm still recovering from the shock of actually seeing 30 seconds of Dr Phil yesterday when NTL connected up my cable TV in my new gaff.

Hah! Dr Phil is way more embarassasing than Cricket - Even 30 seconds of it :pac:.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭trooney

AnCatDubh wrote: »
    Hah! Dr Phil is way more embarassasing than Cricket - Even 30 seconds of it :pac:.

Not as embarrassing as falling asleep in the tattoo chair!

http://tinyurl.com/mfnwd9

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,569 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

trooney wrote: »

Ho-Ly Sh!T

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Samuisue

trooney wrote: »

Have to confess, i did that too.
    Only for the one on my leg tho, pain levels change depending on where you have it done.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭trishw78

What kinda idiot falls asleep while getting a Tattoo, on the other hand what kinda Tattooist keeps tattooing when their victum falls asleep.

Which reminds me I must not fall asleep tomorrow when I'm get my new tattoo... God only knows what would happen to me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭max_power

I just got about 4 or 5 boxes full of darkroom equipment, paper and loads of other ****e that i don't have a clue what to do with. I'm gonna sort them out and put a proper post up hoping for some instruction, should be fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

i'm free from the damn leaving cert! :pac:
    now to start a summer of what i hope will be photography-filled!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

kateos2 wrote: »
    i'm free from the damn leaving cert! :pac:
    now to start a summer of what i hope will be photography-filled!

Well done!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Crispin

ooh, just found this thread, hello everyone
    :)

just back from the Slate Quarries damn pesky Rabits how is it when I'm changing lenses they decide they want to come out and play or when I have the wrong lens on they want to sit in the sun too far away. grrr my mission is now clear get a big lens or learn to freeze time.

• Advertisement

trishw78 wrote: »
    just back from the Slate Quarries damn pesky Rabits how is it when I'm changing lenses they decide they want to come out and play or when I have the wrong lens on they want to sit in the sun too far away. grrr my mission is now clear get a big lens or learn to freeze time.

have you thought about hiring slower rabbits?;)

Has to remind you of this;

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Calina

I loved that ad.

ah times...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

Saw this today & thought I'd share it with ye :)

This really works...!
    If you don't believe it, just try this experiment.

Put your dog and your wife (or OH) in the boot of the car for an hour.

When you open the boot, which one is really happy to see you?

/If you don't have a dog, car or an OH, then ask your good neighbour/s, if you don't have a neighbour, then......you must be grizzly adams !

• Registered Users Posts: 9,186 ✭✭✭kensutz

AnCatDubh wrote: »
    Confession - I enjoyed a game of Cricket on TV last night ( should I be embarrassed :D )
    LoLth wrote: »
    yes. yes you should.

Why?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭KarmaGarda

Damn it. Morrisseeee, I don't own a car but I'm eager to try that experiment. Reckon a fridge freezer will work? :eek:

kensutz wrote: »
    Why?

Aha, this is where I should have given context which I posted on another thread;
    As an aside, my preconceived notion about Cricket was that it must be the most boring sport in the world to watch with breaks for afternoon tea, cream cakes on the green, the reverend minister in attendance, blah de blah, BUT I tuned in (by accident) last night to UK V West Indies (i think) and was blown away by it - incredibly exciting stuff. I had no idea what was going on it it and I don't know was it just really well edited stuff or what but OMG, it was so engaging. That's what my preconceived notions get me - FAIL

:D

I have got 10cc in my head now: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lGtGTh1DV3g:rolleyes:

Black Velvet if you please

• Registered Users Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

How many photographers to take to change a light bulb???

A: 50. 1 replace the bulb, and 49 to say 'I could have done that'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭CraggyIslander

Black Velvet if you please

cewl, just back from Alannah Myles' home country, got me some great shots..... might even dare a C&C!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

Here's a good photography joke I thought you guys might appreciate.

An amateur photographer was invited to dinner with friends and took along a few pictures to show the hostess. She looked at the photos and commented "These are very good! You must have a good camera."
    He didn't make any comment, but, as he was leaving to go home he said "That was a really delicious meal! You must have some very good pots."

If I am very lucky I will have broadband tonight.

In the meantime: some lovely things that I want to try out.

Calina wrote: »
    If I am very lucky I will have broadband tonight.

In the meantime: some lovely things that I want to try out.
    So good! the lighting ones on that site are class too! :)
    Makes me wish we had more storms here!

I HAVE BROADBAND AGAIN....YAYHAY. tHE WORLD IS MINE AGAIN.

Now where do I start?

@Crispin - totally agree. I like that site a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Anouilh

I'll give a brief rundown if you want - sorry for dragging the off topic thread on topic! ;)

Econometrics 101!!

Bascially, I can run a discrete choice model which is based on two variables:
    Dependent variable: coded as 1 or 0, and takes the value 1 if the photo is viewed and 0 if it is not
    Explanatory Variable: again coded as 1 or 0 but these variables will attempt to yield explanatory factors for the image. For example, if the image were a black and white landscape then the model could be:

Viewed(1) = Constant (This has to be here) + Colour (0) + Black and White (1) + Nightscape (0) + Landscape(1)

This is then done for all images and in the end you can get the probabilities associated with each explanatory variable. However, for me to do this, I need the views and some basic attributes of the images.

Was the information I added on the Brioche photo of any use?

I came across this today and thought you might enjoy it:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/krazydad/292081922/in/set-140323/

There are some really interesting maths buffs on Flickr.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

• Registered Users Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

Hagar's joke got me thinking, so this link is interesting: http://www.kenrockwell.com/tech/notcamera.htm

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,569 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Mine arrived yesterday, too busy to do anything :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement