Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Is this the head gasket?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭Darragh29

congo_90 wrote: »
    If there is how bad is it then? Flush all lines out, radiator i'm guessing? What are the chances of me pulling this one off? I'm gonna have a mechanic look at it tomorrow afternoon i'll try post on my break cos they'll be able to do what you've all tried to do.. get a closer look. Thanks guys!
    If its just a HG do ya reckon I could do it myself or best leave it to someone in the knowhow?

Thanks again to all who posted here. As always I can rely on fellow boards members for assistance! :D

If you need a new head gasket, don't dream of doing it yourself, there is a fair bit you have to know before you go at this job, particularly around the area of engine timing, site preparation, torquing down the head, just to mention a few.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭congo_90

Ok I know this thread is a little old but I have to give credit where its due. using only crappy, grainy pics. Darragh29 managed to diagnose the actual problem of my car successfully the first time round with pics! I had a mechanic get up close and personal with it today who confirmed it was not the HG as i suspected but rather just the rocker gasket. The mechanic is going to seal it all up again and change oil for me so happy days.

As I type i'm having a drink so i'll raise this one to you and everyone who posted here :)

• Registered Users Posts: 64,835 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Thanks for the update!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭Darragh29

congo_90 wrote: »
    Ok I know this thread is a little old but I have to give credit where its due. using only crappy, grainy pics. Darragh29 managed to diagnose the actual problem of my car successfully the first time round with pics! I had a mechanic get up close and personal with it today who confirmed it was not the HG as i suspected but rather just the rocker gasket. The mechanic is going to seal it all up again and change oil for me so happy days.

As I type i'm having a drink so i'll raise this one to you and everyone who posted here :)

happy days, another satisfied customer!

Advertisement