Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newstalk 106.

Options
  • 09-01-2009 9:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20

I was an avid listener to newstalk 106 . Use to love listening to the talk show which started mon-thurs nite from 10.00pm till midnight. Didnt have a chance to listen to it for a couple of weeksand when I tuned in again it seems to have been replaced by repeats of the Tom Dunne show which goes out in the morning. Does anyone know what happened??

FEFE

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭BobbyD10

There was a thread about this in Radio part of boards.

What I remember from that thread was that the show was axed as part of a cost cutting measure the station had brought in, I believe other shows where axed also.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055431121

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 fefe

BobbyD10 wrote: »
    There was a thread about this in Radio part of boards.

What I remember from that thread was that the show was axed as part of a cost cutting measure the station had brought in, I believe other shows where axed also.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055431121

Thanks bobbyD10, just read thread... think they have a point re tom dunne late at nite.. has the sort of voice which is suited to late nite....

fefe

He does, but I would prefer not to hear a repeat in place of the other show that was on.

I thought it was quite good, dealing with up-to-date news and events with guests from different fields giving their opinions, there is only one other late night show that I know of now which is average at best.

Ah well... :rolleyes:

He does, but I would prefer not to hear a repeat in place of the other show that was on.

I thought it was quite good, dealing with up-to-date news and events with guests from different fields giving their opinions, there is only one other late night show that I know of now which is average at best.

Ah well... :rolleyes:

which station is that? I use to enjoy it a lot and they had some high profile politicians on quite ofter esp aroung the time of the Lisbon Treaty!!!!

fefe

FM104 - mainly a dublin station but can be got outside I'm told.

At least there was some kind of intelligent debate going on(most of the time anyway) and had some different things like the consumer night and the sports which where quite good too.

• Advertisement

FM104 - mainly a dublin station but can be got outside I'm told.

At least there was some kind of intelligent debate going on(most of the time anyway) and had some different things like the consumer night and the sports which where quite good too.

doubt i'll get it esp where i live, but i'll try.... cheers!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Peter Walczak

It was the same with the Newstalk but then they introduced the 105.8 FM frequency and now can be heard here.

Advertisement