Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UCAS- Interviewing before the closing date??

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

I'm applying as a Mature student so I think my chances are less. :(

I'm now starting to look into grants etc. What type of accommodation is available around Jordanstown? I saw the student residences on the way in. What are they like? Is there much accommodation around the town?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭regob

Larianne wrote: »
    I'm applying as a Mature student so I think my chances are less. :(

I'm now starting to look into grants etc. What type of accommodation is available around Jordanstown? I saw the student residences on the way in. What are they like? Is there much accommodation around the town?

basically first thing ya need to learn jordanstown as a town itself is basically the university of ulster.

the student residences are class but there very expensive something like 80-90 stg a week

courtyard is also great accomadation and comes at a much cheaper price of 60 or so pounds stg.

the majority of mature students would be located in the the courtyard but it doesnt really matter. there is also off campus accomadation which is also good qualtiy but is alot cheaper, i take it the reason for this is that its roughly 20-25 minute walk tothe closest one from the campus. but thats not that bad. the off campus accomadtion is either glendun or glenwhirry i think.

alot of students from jordanstown decide to locate themseloves in belfast like i have done. its very handy as there is busses every 10-15 minutes. approx time on the bus is 30 min.

thats basically it, any other questions dont be afriad to ask

Ha, all the oldies held in one area!

I was thinking about maybe staying in Belfast city. Is the accommodation cheaper or more expensive there? What areas are nice etc.?

Thanks for the info.

all and all accomadation would be more expensive here? cause accomadtion in jtown is all inclusive i.e. all bills incuded in the rent. but im still so glad i moved into belfast. its brilliant, areas in belfast are, stranmillis for the more quietier area ( thats were i live) holylands is the more party area and then theres other place like lisburn road ormeau road that attract everybody, and theres also were meanie boots lives but i cant remember were that is? somewhere near ryans meanie?

I may be going up to Belfast in 2 weeks time so I can check it out.

• Advertisement

I may be going up to Belfast in 2 weeks time so I can check it out.

yeah thats what ya need to do

some estate agents up here are very good for student houses

they main ones that i can remember are

piney which is on the stranmillis roadm in stranmillis

mc gettigan i think it is which is on lisburn

theres more on the stranmillis road just cant remembe what there called

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

www.propertynews.com is good if you're looking to rent by yourself/with people you already know. If you're looking for house-shares try gumtree and www.spareroom.co.uk (both free).

I don't live near Ryans regob....everyone I know does though!

oops sorry

regob wrote: »
    yeah thats what ya need to do

some estate agents up here are very good for student houses

they main ones that i can remember are

piney which is on the stranmillis roadm in stranmillis

mc gettigan i think it is which is on lisburn

theres more on the stranmillis road just cant remembe what there called

well was to actually go on the piss.. and maybe have a look around areas too. :D

Cheers for the info guys. I sort derailled my own thread.

oh bot

• Advertisement

Conditional offers for both Uni of Ulster and Uni of East London. WhooooOOoo.

Conditional offers for both Uni of Ulster and Uni of East London. WhooooOOoo.

congradulations well done, do ya not mean unconditional?

No conditional, once I get 70% in my exams for Ulster and 80% for UEL. I'm hoping that's doable since I'm taking the next 2 weeks off work to study!

No conditional, once I get 70% in my exams for Ulster and 80% for UEL. I'm hoping that's doable since I'm taking the next 2 weeks off work to study!

i thought u already sat the exams, im confused

Yeah I sat the HPAT but I'm currently doing an access course which they want me to get 70% in all the exams. But I've received an offer from Trinity so I'm 98% certain I'm gonna take their offer.

Yeah I sat the HPAT but I'm currently doing an access course which they want me to get 70% in all the exams. But I've received an offer from Trinity so I'm 98% certain I'm gonna take their offer.

thats cool

Advertisement