Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bet of the weekend!

Options
  • 09-01-2009 3:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭

Was in Power's over lunch and saw (what I think) is the bet of the w/e.

Arsenal (H) to beat Bolton
    &
    Liverpool (A) to beat Stoke

Straight double works out at just under 1/1.
    PP are giving 5/4.
    Liverpool I would give a 90% chance of winning and Arsenal I would put at slightly lower, around 80%.
    5/4 is way too high for that double and it will be receiving a large chunk of the doki betting stash ;)

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭wixfjord

Wouldnt agree myself. They may both win but its definately not as sure as that. Liverpool couldnt score against stoke earlier in the season and stoke away isnt an easy game. Arsenal always struggle against physical teams like Bolton too.

My bet of the weekend is connacht+4 at the scarlets tonight at 10/11. Connacht have been playing great stuff lately and +4 at a weak scarlets team with no stephen jones or mark jones looks good. Hopefully it will piss rain in Galway aswell!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

My bet
    Stoke/Pool Draw
    Everton win
    Villa(-1) win
    Birmingham win

PLus a Lucky 15 first goal scorer
    Gabby-Villa
    Osman-Everton
    Gerrard-Pool
    Lampard-Chelsea
    McCarthy-B'Burn

• Registered Users Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Stash now on and increased stash awaiting collection Sunday afternoon :rolleyes:.
    Kept a score out and stuck it on Doyler to score first goal tonight at 8's.
    No idea if he will or not but at that price it must worth a look.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

FYI Villa/Liverpool double is evens also, and I'd certainly fancy Villa to beat WBA more so than Arsenal against Bolton.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Best bet of the weekend is by far Valencia against Villareal @ evs.

David Silva back in the reckoning after months out, good home record vs Villareal's poor record. Nihat missing for Villareal and Valencia are fresh from beating At. Madrid midweek.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Just for those who are thinking of backing Villa, Villa have only won one of their past 5 home games while West Brom have won 2 of their past 3 games. Not written in stone at all

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Bubs101 wrote: »
    Just for those who are thinking of backing Villa, Villa have only won one of their past 5 home games while West Brom have won 2 of their past 3 games. Not written in stone at all
    Draw so...?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭biscuits1981

bet of the w end is ruby in the big race on sun in leop deutchsland good thing get on it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Draw so...?

It's a difficult one. Villa are second in the form table but that's based on impressive away results. They have very little strength in depth and there are doubts (or at least were this morning, not sure what exactly is wrong) about Barry and Laursen who are 2 of their 3 most important players. Based on their poor home form and the injuries the value is in West Brom draw no bet at 6/1 for me but I'd stear clear. Too dodgy.

I do like Everton at home to Hull though

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭whatsupdoc?

Everton at home to Hull

Would agree there all right.
    Hull have had their day and will slowly but surely slip down the table.
    Picked Everton in me Boylers 21 competition.
    Lying in 2nd place at mo so need a few goals.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 797 ✭✭✭aya14

Everton
    Liverpool
    Arsenal
    A Villa
    Valencia all to win
    pays just over 8/1 on PP and only 7s on laddies

8.48/1 with Boylers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭StraddleFor6

A Villa to win 4-0 @ 19/1.
    Easy money.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭wixfjord

I think some people on here dont grasp the idea of bet of the weekend :rolleyes:

Jesus that was a tight one :eek:
    Only need Liverpool now :P

H/T
    :eek:

60 MIN
    :o
    70 MIN
    :(
    80 MIN
    :(
    90 MIN
    :mad:

Nuff said

• Registered Users Posts: 14,432 ✭✭✭✭cson

bet of the w end is ruby in the big race on sun in leop deutchsland good thing get on it

In a 30 runner handicap? And its your bet of the weekend?

Where can I get the pills you're on?! I enjoy a good diversion from reality myself the odd time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

F*ckers

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,116 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Best bet of the weekend is by far Valencia against Villareal @ evs.

David Silva back in the reckoning after months out, good home record vs Villareal's poor record. Nihat missing for Villareal and Valencia are fresh from beating At. Madrid midweek.

Good shout!! Valencia 2 up after 15 mins.....

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,116 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

adrian522 wrote: »
    Good shout!! Valencia 2 up after 15 mins.....

Dear god, great game....but valencia threw it away twice.....

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Unlucky of you that were holding out for Liverpool. Baxtards!

Liverpool drawing tonight reminded me of a an old thread teams you never back. Tonights result is a prime example of how unreliable they are.

Worst thing about todays result is if MU win against Chelsea they will
    be big odds on to win the title again and guess who laid them before the season started :o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,525 ✭✭✭jaffa20

Glad i didn't bet this weekend as i probably would have gone for some of the above choice. Never betting on these big teams again unless it's 0-0 to green out :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Unlucky of you that were holding out for Liverpool. Baxtards!

Liverpool drawing tonight reminded me of a an old thread teams you never back. Tonights result is a prime example of how unreliable they are.

:confused:

They won more games then any other team this season.

:confused:

They won more games then any other team this season.
    Agreed but they have also drawn 7 games - the majority of those you expect them to win, West Ham, Hull and Stoke all at home.

IMO a team that is serious about winning the league these should be easy victories and easy to back.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭Browney7

okidoki987 wrote: »
    Worst thing about todays result is if MU win against Chelsea they will
    be big odds on to win the title again and guess who laid them before the season started :o
    ....and guess who backed them at 3/1:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

adrian522 wrote: »
    Dear god, great game....but valencia threw it away twice.....

I don't know who I'm more annoyed at, the referee for giving that penalty or the Valencia defensive coach who should be on the dole after that.

Got United @ 3/1 earlier in season

Never back Liverpool to win

Have won a lot of money on there games this season (draws/losses)

• Registered Users Posts: 45,354 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Dubliner28 wrote: »
    Got United @ 3/1 earlier in season

Never back Liverpool to win

Have won a lot of money on there games this season (draws/losses)

Liverpool and Utd have both won the same amount of games this season (13) and have both more wins than anyone else in the league this season so your "never back Liverpool to win" statement is flawed. 10/10 for effort but 1/10 for delivery. Post Fail imo.

It's best not to post at all if its going to be as ridiculous as that;)

• Advertisement

Thats your opinion like mine.its an opinion and based on bets Ive placed and won and lost.

Same way if you backed teams and the same team lost you bets more than 5-6 times you would have an opinion on it .

true ??? Yes

Advertisement