Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

When did McDonalds first open in Cork?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭kcb

geffkane wrote: »
    Mandys was there till at least late 88.

Ah it was there until much later than that as far as I can recall - I remember being in there before going over to The Factory (where SoHo is now) and that was around 1993/4.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭oeb

Winthorp Street was there in 86 anyway, because my family moved to Australia in early 87 and I have distinct memories of going to McDonalds on more than one occasion in Cork before we moved. (And we were only in Cork once every few months).

Patrick Street was post 92, because I am almost 100% certain that that was still Wendys when we moved back to Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Typewriter

We moved to cork in 1994 and the blue McDonald's was still being converted into a McDonald's.

At that time it wasn't even blue! :eek:

(it was painted a red/brown/rust colour if I remember correctly) :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭Kazbah

Wallacebiy wrote: »
    The O2 shop was McCarthys Bakery no ?

After it was a bakery befoe it was O2.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Wallacebiy

Kazbah wrote: »
    After it was a bakery befoe it was O2.

Ahh I See ..

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,569 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

I well remember going on a school trip to Cork City in the Spring of 1985, when I was 10 years of age, and we were taken to the McDonalds on Winthrop Street (after going to Fota Island). So it must have been open as far back as the mid 1980s. I would suspect it opened in 1984 or thereabouts.

Douglas was the second McDonalds in Cork and it opened around the end of 1991. The second McDs in the city centre, at the west end of Patrick Street opened well into the 1990s.

McDonalds came to Ireland in 1977 when the Grafton Street restaurant opened.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

more thread necromancy.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement