Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jett Travolta RIP

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭Kernel

King Mob wrote: »
    And a lot have finished and showed no link between autism and vaccinations.

That study said nothing about whether or not Vaccines cause autism.

My point, as you know, is that the studies are still ongoing and more are needed.
    These and the studies showing removing thiomersal had no effect on the rate of autism all came from the first link I gave from wikipedia. They are just a small few of the studies showing no link between autism and vaccinations.

From the one source I checked. Unless you can find definitive evidence in the other sources you've mentioned:
    Conclusions. No consistent significant associations were found between TCVs and neurodevelopmental outcomes. Conflicting results were found at different HMOs for certain outcomes. For resolving the conflicting findings, studies with uniform neurodevelopmental assessments of children with a range of cumulative thimerosal exposures are needed.

I'm not sure if it is the singular explanation, there might be other factors.
    But here's a good article on the subject.
    http://www.theness.com/neurologicablog/?p=454
    Um when did you link to them?

They were contained (or linked to I can't remember) in one of the links I provided. Don't have time to go back over them.
    So then how do you know they are wrong or covered up.

Because logic dictates that if I'm a corporation which makes profit from selling vaccines, the last thing I want to do is release information which will destroy stock price and bankrupt the corporation through law suits. Do you agree that it would be logical to hush the true results?
    Yes but that is the only reason you have to believe vaccines to be dangerous despite evidence to the contrary.

Listen Mob, there is a lot of evidence that vaccination harms children. If not, then the controversy would not even exist since nobody would benefit from non-vaccination. Why do you think parents get onto media and tell stories of what happened to their own children? Why do you think they set up associations warning others to be wary of overloading on vaccinations? Do you presume to know the children in each case better than their parents, to know that a healthy child could be afflicted with autism and various forms of physical and mental degradation almost immediately after vaccination was administered? I trust that more than drugs corporate funded studies and whitewashing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

Talk about killing a dead 16 year lad, SORRY, flogging a dead horse/QUOTE]

How do you kill a dead 16 year old lad??

Or is this something that scientologists can only do??

• Registered Users Posts: 25,233 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

Kernel wrote: »
    My point, as you know, is that the studies are still ongoing and more are needed.
    And all the good studies that have come before have shown absolutely no link.
    From the one source I checked. Unless you can find definitive evidence in the other sources you've mentioned:
    Conclusions. No consistent significant associations were found between TCVs and neurodevelopmental outcomes
    All of those studies found no link between autism and vaccines.

They were contained (or linked to I can't remember) in one of the links I provided. Don't have time to go back over them.
    Didn't see them. I would give them alot of attention, what with them disproving your theory.

Because logic dictates that if I'm a corporation which makes profit from selling vaccines, the last thing I want to do is release information which will destroy stock price and bankrupt the corporation through law suits. Do you agree that it would be logical to hush the true results?
    Yes but the are bodies that stop that from happening.
    And wouldn't the cost of bribing these bodies outweigh the money saved by using thimerosal?

Listen Mob, there is a lot of evidence that vaccination harms children. If not, then the controversy would not even exist since nobody would benefit from non-vaccination. Why do you think parents get onto media and tell stories of what happened to their own children? Why do you think they set up associations warning others to be wary of overloading on vaccinations? Do you presume to know the children in each case better than their parents, to know that a healthy child could be afflicted with autism and various forms of physical and mental degradation almost immediately after vaccination was administered? I trust that more than drugs corporate funded studies and whitewashing.
    Then by your logic Dungeons and Dragons leads to Satanism. Otherwise why would parents set up organisations against it and or go on the news about it?
    Perhaps there's no such thing as autism at all and maybe they're all Indigo Children? Do you know those children better than there parents?

Unfortunately most parents aren't doctors and are subject to things like confirmation bias, and logical fallacies like Post-hoc ergo propter hoc.

There is no evidence to show any link between autism and vaccinations.
    There is evidence showing removing thimerosal has no effect on the rates of autism.

The only evidence you have provided so far is: corporations are evil. Not exactly convincing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭Kernel

Then by your logic Dungeons and Dragons leads to Satanism. Otherwise why would parents set up organisations against it and or go on the news about it?

You've an annoying habit of misinterpreting logic and building straw men mobby. Anyway, I cannot dance in circles with you any longer, time does not permit and I've made and defended my points for others here to decide on using their own minds. You may have the last word. :)

You've an annoying habit of misinterpreting logic and building straw men mobby.
    Then would you like to explain why exactly a mother intuition (which is demonstrably fallible) trumps science?
    It's much more likely these mothers are mistaken or have bought into the bull**** and pseudo-science. Just like when people believed Dungeons and Dragons lead to satanism, even though it was complete and absolutely false.
    Anyway, I cannot dance in circles with you any longer, time does not permit and I've made and defended my points for others here to decide on using their own minds. You may have the last word. :)
    I hardly call cherry picking and misinterpreting papers, calling corporations evil and saying mother is always right defending your points well.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

Dungeons and Dragons leads to Satanisim eh

Linkeh

Dungeons and Dragons leads to Satanisim eh

Linkeh

Wiki broken or something?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dungeons_%26_Dragons_controversies

no, I'm just trying to get you used to the idea of posting links when you make a claim about something :D

no, I'm just trying to get you used to the idea of posting links when you make a claim about something :D

Ok so backing up the things you claim is a bad thing then? And you guys are trying to teach me this?

So kernel finished looking over those studies showing no decrease in autism rates despite the thiomersal being removed?
    Cause they kinda disprove your theory.

http://jama.ama-assn.org/cgi/content/full/290/13/1763
    http://archpsyc.ama-assn.org/cgi/content/full/65/1/19

• Advertisement

So Kernel ever look over those papers that blow the link between vaccines and autism out of the water?

Or are you ignoring the actual evidence?

Cause it's a lot of evidence to ignore.

Oh look some more: http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/life_and_style/health/article5683671.ece

But hey keep up the fight for truth!

Straight back into your old routine eh Mob?

bumping threads to go on the offensive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭mysterious

This thread is downright dispicable and disgusting:mad:

I would feel bad for anyone who lost a child to read this including John travolta. It's a very insensitive thing to say and make a joke out of it. It's a dangerous accusation to say that scientology did it by saying in a humour provoking way (based on no evidence, no facts, no logic and no purpose even)

Shame on the thread starter. Womana do you know anyone who lost their child and believe in catholicism? Cus it's catholicism has it's fair share of skeleton's in the closet too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

The thing about scientologist is their a bunch of teases!!

I've been waiting for them all to drink scyanide and still nothing yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭espinolman

The thing about scientologist is their a bunch of teases!!

I've been waiting for them all to drink scyanide and still nothing yet?

Oh really , well keep waiting , i definitely won't be drinking scyanide ! :D

Womoma, I'd like to change thst thread title to somthing a little less inflamatory, Scientoligst are all over the place, something like that might cause problems for the site

so, any ideas on how you'd like it to read instead.

I'd go with a simple 'Jett Travolta RIP' , actually thats what I'm gonna change it to now, but if you hae a better idea I'll implement it
    espinolman wrote: »
    Oh really , well keep waiting , i definitely won't be drinking scyanide ! :D

Your not really a scientologist are you?:eek:

Your not really a scientologist are you?:eek:

I am a scientologist .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭Sofa_King Good

I am a scientologist .

cool. forgive me if this is a stupid question but whats it like being a scientologist?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭mysterious

This thread should be separated and the john travolta thread should be removed as its all about scientology. Ythis thread is shameful for using John Travolta's son's as a pawn in the scientology spin.

If you all want to talk about scientology, create a thread about it. This kind of behaviour is not acceptable as using someones life to take it against a religion ffs.

Guess I was right some people on CTs are not able to behave like adults.:mad:

I am a scientologist .

Really? Were you into kabbalah before or are you not a fan of madonna's work?

• Advertisement

mysterious wrote: »
    This thread should be separated and the john travolta thread should be removed as its all about scientology. Ythis thread is shameful for using John Travolta's son's as a pawn in the scientology spin.
    If you all want to talk about scientology, create a thread about it. This kind of behaviour is not acceptable as using someones life to take it against a religion ffs.

This thread was originally called "Did scientologists kill Jett Travolta? ". So the thread was a conspiracy theory originally , and you are right any discussion about the subject of scientology should be discussed elsewhere , i think under the Religion and Spirituality forum ,in the spirituality thread .

Advertisement