Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So What Did You Watch Over Christmas?

Options
  • 02-01-2009 9:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55,452 ✭✭✭✭

So following on from the "What are you going to watch over Christmas" thread, what did you actually get around to watching, and what did you like/not like?

Based on Ivan's endorsement, I started watching Life. Its a terrific show, and I agree with everyones opinion on that thread - great characters (especially Charlie Crews and Ted) and a great idea for a show. The little documentary-style interviews are a really nice touch. Looking forward to finding out whodunnit. About half way through season 1 and I think I'm getting an idea.... I hope its not as obvious as I think it is. :)

I also caught up with The Mentalist. In reflection, I think this is the best new show of this season. Fleshed out characters, great stories (although sometimes the villain is a bit obvious), and a fantastic likeable lead character in Patrick Jane. He's almost like a polar opposite of Greg House (in personality), and is very well written and acted. I hope this one goes a long way - I love it.

Still watching the Shield too.... edging ever closer to the infamous Season 5. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭yurmothrintites

Thic christmas I have been mostly watching The Fast Show and Six Feet Under. Both brilliant shows, I forgot how funny The Fast Show was. Six Feet Under is one of the best TV series ever to grace our screens in my opinion. The characters are brilliantly portrayed by the actors and the storylines are fantastic especially in season 4 and 5.

I also received the Friends 10 series boxset for Christmas so no doubt I'll start on them soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Very little TV actually..

Have watched episodes 1 - 5 of Survivors over the last few days and I loved it.. watching the final episode this evening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

I only watched the Australia v South Africa test match at the MCG, some football games, UFC 92 and perhaps a further 2 hours of tv. Not a whole lot there to tempt me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

Midnight Express on RTE2 at 1am. It was good. I want to watch it again though, preferably when I'm not on the verge of falling asleep during the last hour :rolleyes:

The Wire - Seasons 2 and 5. Finished 5 in two days. Gripping tv and yes, it's the best tv show ever made. It walks all over the Sopranos when it comes to consistency and there is just so much more offered by the Wire than the Sopranos imo.

Nothing else on tbh.

Tonight I'll see what Charlie Brooker has to say about the year in television :D and Deadwood Seasons 2 and 3 should get me to my LC mocks at least ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Funkyzeit

Finished watching the Shield... Sad it's all over !! Fabulous fabulous series.

Watched a couple of classics - Out of them all really enjoyed Singing in the Rain :eek:

Now watching brotherhood - actually quite good and already on Season 2.

Very disapointed in Royle Family - should have ended on previous Xmas special when Nana died - she was the show IMO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53,864 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

watched 1-5 of the Wire

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Firetrap

A few documentaries, mainly on the BBC. My favourite was the RTÉ one on Cathal O'Shannon
    The new Wallace and Gromit - a bit disappointing I thought but the bar was set high for that one
    A few films

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Rich1691

watched a few episodes of "Dexter" season 3 and a movie called "taken" good stuff! + all the usual stuff on the box like premiership matches and a bit of the NFL!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Only film i actually watched was over holiday period was ' The Terminal ' last night on bbc1 .It was worth it , if only just to see Kathrine zeta jones again .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,304 ✭✭✭p to the e

the best thing i watched over Christmas was Wallace and Gromit! Get in!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

p to the e wrote: »
    the best thing i watched over Christmas was Wallace and Gromit! Get in!
    Thought the new episode wasn't up to scratch to the classics..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,589 ✭✭✭Tristram

there was sfa on over xmas so havent seen much of nething.

heard the same as basquille about wallace & grom

Advertisement