Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheapest petrol in Clare ?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭dh0661

Ah feck it lads - which one of ye squealed :mad:

€102.9 in one of the bigger stations in Tralee this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Jim Martin

102.9 in Kilrush yesterday.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,923 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I was in Dublin on Saturday, the cheapest I saw petrol the whole way was 101.9, I paid 103.9 before I left

Petrol 99.9 cpl - diesel 89.9 cpl in Tralee for the weekend :)
    Petrol back up to €103.9 cpl today :( - diesel still @ 89.9 cpl :)

Now 107.9 in Miltown Malbay!

• Advertisement

Tralee yesterday 109.9cpl petrol - 99.9cpl diesel

Found 105.9 just outside Portumna yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭mjquinno

http://www.pumps.ie/
    Give a google map etc of prices.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭eddiehobbs

Cheapest ive seen is 103.9 for petrol in the emo in nenagh,that was yesterday. All the stations in ennis are at least 109.9

Currently 115.9 in Miltown Malbay, Co.Clare, but looks like it's on the way up again - they're at it again (screwing us) even though we're in recession, if not depression!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Claregirl

€1.20 today in Ennis

Now 117.9 in Miltown Malbay.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

€1.20 in scariff today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭bowsie casey

Lads, we get screwed in Clare. I drive up thru Galway and Mayo regularly - up around Tuam / Ballindine / Claremorris / Castlebar, fuel is at least 5c a litre cheaper.
    I'm sure this has a lot ot do with the Tesco garage in Claremorris which is the cheapest, forcing all the rest down to compete.

It's hard to know what is worse ? Being rode by the local garages, or putting the money in the pockets of Mr Tesco.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭CarDriver

This evening the Top Station In Kilrush was 117.8, the Topaz on the Ennis road was 119.9. This is ridiculous. I got petrol in Ennis this morning on the Clare road for 116.9.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 BizTalker

Hey people, the cheapest gas is in Tipperary. Tesco in Clonmel would save you around 5%.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,717 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

BizTalker wrote: »
    Hey people, the cheapest gas is in Tipperary. Tesco in Clonmel would save you around 5%.

Go away with your petrol in Tipp, it's ridiculously expensive in Clare, i drive taxi and i'm constantly lookin for the cheapest 'holy grail' petrol in my area, none to be had, i know Apple Greens in Corbally is usually around 5-6cents cheaper than here in Shannon but it's rare enough that i'm out there.

I know i know.....i shoulda went diesel. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭999/112

CarDriver wrote: »
    This evening the Top Station In Kilrush was 117.8, the Topaz on the Ennis road was 119.9. This is ridiculous. I got petrol in Ennis this morning on the Clare road for 116.9.

Monopoly! Tescos were "blocked" from opening up fuel pumps in Kilrush sometime ago ..... now you know why.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Claregirl

Got petrol in Limerick today for €1.15 (Ennis Road). I'm going to come a cropper one of the day's usually driving on fumes to avoid getting petrol in Ennis.

Shop local?? :confused:

Would love to support my own community but they keep screwing us pricewise!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭dungeon

In these days, you have to go with the cheapest.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭dungeon

I was in the States earlier this year and there are huge variations in the prices of petrol/gas over there. Differences of 40c a gallon between stations across the street from one another. There are also vast differences between prices in neighbouring states also.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 BizTalker

I'd say people still think that 2-3€ saving per tank is not big deal and do not bother searching for the cheapest, location is good enough for them. Wait another year or so...:)

€1.189 in Miltown Malbay.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭dmullins3

people need to know exactly how much they are being taxed, where its going and is that the best place for their money to be put :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭NewApproach

FFS the difference between the cheapest and most expensive petrol in an area might be worth 50 or 100 quid over the course of a year, not exactly significant when all the other costs of mototing are taken into account :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

FFS the difference between the cheapest and most expensive petrol in an area might be worth 50 or 100 quid over the course of a year :rolleyes:

yes, but 50-100 quid is alot to some people

• Registered Users Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭NewApproach

fryup wrote: »
    yes, but 50-100 quid is alot to some people

Why didnt you quote my entire post, in relation to other costs of motoring.

Thats tax, fuel, insurance, depreciation, servicing and maintenance, etc. €100 is a tiny proportion of that. At a guess, 0.1%

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 benix1

now the topaz is 138.9 for petrol

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

benix1 wrote: »
    now the topaz is 138.9 for petrol

the Topaz's in ennis have another 2 cent onto that at 140.9 a litre :eek::eek: it was only 128.9 last sunday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭stevveyg

it was 138.9 yesterday at those 2garages out the lahinch road cant remember what they are called.

Advertisement