Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Israel's latest attacks on Gaza.

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,244 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

Iran has the worlds largest stocks of oil, what does it need nuclear energy for.

In fairness, it's not a bad idea even if you do have lots of oil. Means you can sell more of it instead of using it yourself, and lets what you have last longer.

The issue is more of the side-benefits of weapons capability.

NTM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,715 ✭✭✭marco murphy

This really sums up the agenda of the Israeli assault
    http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=e32_1231680425

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

This really sums up the agenda of the Israeli assault
    http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=e32_1231680425

Posting the opinion of a random border guard, that shows how desperate you are to make irrelevant points. It also shows how little you know since Ramallah is in the West Bank not Gaza so it has absolutely nothing to do with the current conflict.

This is the reason that Israel is attacking Gaza http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=e39_1230864169 iirc the person killed in Ashkelon was an arab which shows how random and indiscriminate the Hamas attacks are.

He is dead right.

He is dead right about what? denying the holocaust?

If he and the hamas leaders had their way there would be a second holocaust, Israel and the Idf won't be sitting around waiting for that to happen.

Posting the opinion of a random border guard, that shows how desperate you are to make irrelevant points. It also shows how little you know since Ramallah is in the West Bank not Gaza so it has absolutely nothing to do with the current conflict.
    Desperate to make irrelevant points? No. This is very very relevant. This shows the nature of those hell-bent on destroying the Palestinian people.
    This, in my opinion, sums up the opinion of the Israeli elite.
    This is the reason that Israel is attacking Gaza http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=e39_1230864169 iirc the person killed in Ashkelon was an arab which shows how random and indiscriminate the Hamas attacks are.
    If you believe that is the reason then you need to broaden your analytical timeframe.
    Whats the reason for the two year blockade? Under which Hamas showed great restraint in a ceasefire that was supposed to see the blockade lifted?

He is dead right about what? denying the holocaust?
    Read what you posted, he didn't deny it. You call me desperate?
    If he and the hamas leaders had their way there would be a second holocaust, Israel and the Idf won't be sitting around waiting for that to happen.
    And you base this on what?
    What Israel is doing could be described as a holocaust, and what is the international community doing about it?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,244 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

All that effort, all those sheckles spent, all those lives used up... to post a long series of DNS failures.

NTM

All that effort, all those sheckles spent, all those lives used up... to post a long series of DNS failures.

NTM

I'd be more concerned with the fact that the IDF hacked it and were responsible for 9/11.

Inside job.

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Shelka

I haven't figured out how to add 'thanks' at the bottom of people's posts but thanks anyway to edanto and perestroika.
    I can't believe what I've read here from some people.
    Hamas is bad. Yes. Thats a given. But it seems like people who are defending Isreal's action have been sitting with their eyes closed and their fingers in their ears...
    I agree with what Mary Robinson said about Palestine's civilization being destroyed (although I also have to agree with whoever said that the UN is a joke). Palestine have been getting the seriously short end of the stick since 1911/1912, when britain (surprise surprise, hand in every pie) decided to support the notion of allowing jewish people to reclaim that land as a 'homeland'.
    And whoever said that people are down on isreal just because they're the 'america' of the middle east is frankly a frightening statement.
    I would suggest reading some history and asking yourself why and for how long they have been know as this...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭concussion

Shelka wrote: »
    I haven't figured out how to add 'thanks' at the bottom of people's posts

At the bottom right of each post there is a 'thumbs up' - click it.

(I expect a thanks, purely so I know you found it :pac::p)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

concussion wrote: »

I think a member might require a certain number of posts before the feature is enabled.

Yeah it seems so. I had only a few posts and there was no thumb, then I did some more posting on another thread...and all of a sudden, there was the thumb!!!

What is that yellow face doing to the pink one? Haha

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

Shelka wrote: »
    What is that yellow face doing to the pink one? Haha

Chewing it's ear off.... Concussion's very good at that ;)

quad_red wrote: »
    Chewing it's ear off.... Concussion's very good at that ;)

Thems fightin words!!! :D

As for partition etc, don't forget both the League of Nations and latterly the UN pushed for a Jewish state. A lot of people decided it would be a good idea to put both a Jewish and a Palestinian state on land both thought belonged to them - how could there not be trouble???

Thems fightin words!!! :D

This is the military forum! :P

As for partition etc, don't forget both the League of Nations and latterly the UN pushed for a Jewish state. A lot of people decided it would be a good idea to put both a Jewish and a Palestinian state on land both thought belonged to them - how could there not be trouble???

Isn't that history though? One mess built on another. One wrong justified by another.

I don't know whether I said it here or elsewhere, but if this was the good ol days they'd just fight until there was a clear winner and that would be that instead of stretching it out over 3 or 4 generations.

Excellent film btw.

I don't know whether I said it here or elsewhere, but if this was the good ol days they'd just fight until there was a clear winner and that would be that instead of stretching it out over 3 or 4 generations.

The good ol days, eh?

Not sure when they were.

The good ol days, eh?

Not sure when they were.

Back when a sidearm was about 4 feet of sharpened steel I reckon.

Back when a sidearm was about 4 feet of sharpened steel I reckon.

Era, they still sacked cities in the good ol days. Slaughtered non combatants. Utilised biological warfare. Empires brutally subjugated peoples and peoples determinedly resisted.

• Advertisement

Era, they still sacked cities in the good ol days. Slaughtered non combatants. Utilised biological warfare. Empires brutally subjugated peoples and peoples determinedly resisted.

I know, terrible stuff altogether. But once it was finished, it was kinda final. Not what we're seeing here where things are going on and on for generations. Anyway, don't mind much of what I'm saying here, I just rambling on redface.gif

I know, terrible stuff altogether. But once it was finished, it was kinda final. Not what we're seeing here where things are going on and on for generations. redface.gif

Do ye think so? I think the Irish example shows that peoples have a very *very* long memory when it comes to conflicts.

Do ye think so? I think the Irish example shows that peoples have a very *very* long memory when it comes to conflicts.

I agree, you'll always have resistance cropping up. In the case of Gaza at the moment, if there wasn't an international community, Geneva and Hague Conventions there's every chance Israel would just flatten the place, expell the survivors and take the land. Conversely, Israel may itself have become completly annihilated in some of the previous Arab wars. Nowadays there's rules of war, internation condemnation and outrage, interventions, legal rulings etc and the whole thing drags on with each side hating each other more and more.

Theres huge population movements after a lot of wars.

After world war 2 millions of ethnic germans were expelled from former german territories given to poland but I don't see modern germans sending rockets into poland looking for the return of Danzig. Sometimes people just have to live with it, about time the palestinians got used to the reality that Israel isn't going away.

Theres huge population movements after a lot of wars.

After world war 2 millions of ethnic germans were expelled from former german territories given to poland but I don't see modern germans sending rockets into poland looking for the return of Danzig. Sometimes people just have to live with it, about time the palestinians got used to the reality that Israel isn't going away.

You're so full of it, that it makes me sick.
    The last line is just outrageous.
    You know full well its not the Palestinians to blame. How do you expect them to react to a two year total seize/blockade?
    But sure you know that. It's obvious you must be a pure zionist.

You know full well its not the Palestinians to blame. How do you expect them to react to a two year total seize/blockade?

Tone it down, ok!.

What I said is a fact and you went off into a rant. I'd say what its obvious you are but I don't think its necessary ;)

What I said is a fact and you went off into a rant. I'd say what its obvious you are but I don't think its necessary ;)

Address the points I made.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Ill ask one question.

What has the latest incursion by Israel into Gaza achieved for a longer lasting peace settlement?

Answer away.

• Advertisement

jank wrote: »
    Ill ask one question.

What has the latest incursion by Israel into Gaza achieved for a longer lasting peace settlement?

Answer away.

Does this answer it..

'Going to war for peace is like fucking for virginity'.

;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement