Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Childhood.

Options
  • 28-12-2008 10:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 529 ✭✭✭

If you could relive being a child all over again, would you?
    Is there anything you miss from being a small kid?

I have to admit there are some aspects of childhood that I miss greatly - not having any stresses or major worries, having santa clause (obviously!), getting away with murder and being completely oblivious to the world around me! Oh and having an awesome metabolism. Being able to eat an entire supermarket and not gain an ounce.

In saying all that though I don't think I'd want to relive my whole childhood, just certain aspects of it.

In saying all of that though, growing up does have it's benefits!! Like being able to do what you want for most of the time, being able to make your own decisions (MOST of the time), etc.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭MILF

I agree, Christmas when you are a child is just a magical time and the memories you take from that are priceless. I also loved the fact that you had no responsibilities, pressure or cares in the world!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭Shacklebolt

No homework at weekends was pretty good.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

I'd love to be a child again! Especially in this day and age, there is so much more cool stuff around! Though I think it's a bit creepy that kida these days are trying to emulate adults, like kids wearing playboy clothes and dancing like Britney Spears. Im pretty sure I wasn't that creepy as a child.

I'd love having Christmas as a child again, and being able to play...not with anything in particular, just play.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

The only thing I miss about being a child is the lack of responsibilty I had. Not having someone eat the head off you for not cleaning up the mess you made, having dinner made for you regardless of situation, not having to pay for anything in life etc etc

Oh and having 2 months off school for summer :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

I miss the priest and our secret meetings. Ok thats just nasty.
    I miss the week or two every summer in sligo.
    Getting everything paid for by someone else.
    Denim jackets actually been cool.
    Pretending my bmx was a motorbike(new motorbike) was just a thought away lol.
    Getting excited about a tit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭marti101

I miss not having a care in the world and having everything handed to you.I miss going out playing all day in the summer only coming home for dinner.Loved Christmas morning and waking up your parents at 5 even though they had just probably got to bed:D.So many things i miss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭p1akuw47h5r3it

rhapsody! wrote: »
    If you could relive being a child all over again, would you?
    Is there anything you miss from being a small kid?

I have to admit there are some aspects of childhood that I miss greatly - not having any stresses or major worries, having santa clause (obviously!), getting away with murder and being completely oblivious to the world around me! Oh and having an awesome metabolism. Being able to eat an entire supermarket and not gain an ounce.

In saying all that though I don't think I'd want to relive my whole childhood, just certain aspects of it.

In saying all of that though, growing up does have it's benefits!! Like being able to do what you want for most of the time, being able to make your own decisions (MOST of the time), etc.

No.:D;)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,931 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

rhapsody! wrote: »
    Oh and having an awesome metabolism. Being able to eat an entire supermarket and not gain an ounce.

Ha! Still have that! w00p w00p! *dances*

Also theres some good stuff to being a child. Defo the santa stuff, but being a ginger child was nothing but torture. NEVAR AGAIN.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 862 ✭✭✭cautioner

Earthworm Jim, no more, no less.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

If I could relive childhood I think I'd be a bit bolder and more rebellious - I was always such a goody-two-shoes growing up. Not that I'd want to cause my parents a whole load of trouble or anything, I'd just like it if my childhood was a bit more exciting. Looking back I realise how boring and sheltered I was back then. :(

Christmas mornings as a child were brilliant - I wanna believe in Santa again!

Oh and I also want to go back to when Animaniacs was on everyday. Watching that show was like devotion to some wonderful religion. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

seanybiker wrote: »
    I miss the priest and our secret meetings. Ok thats just nasty.
    Infraction given.

Jokes about paedophilia are not allowed on here. I'm leaving that one there as an example to the rest of you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭giggsy664

Thinking 50 lines was a bad punisment (Camt remember what I did), so bad it warranted getting up at half 6 to forge a signature.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 428 ✭✭Selphie

I miss thinking that 20 year olds were old, responsible, mature human beings who were in steady relationships, well paying jobs and had full driving licenses because this is definitely not the case.

That and thinking the Power Rangers were awesome...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭Sophisticated6y

cautioner wrote: »
    Earthworm Jim, no more, no less.

Right there with you.
    If I wanted to go back to bein a child i'd want to go back to my own childhood, I wouldn't want to be a child nowadays. I'd love to go back to my playschool and see everyone as a child! It'd be so funny

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭SligoBrewer

I miss Pokémon. The greatest cartoon/video game crossover series ever. It just really triggered a child's imagination fantastically.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

Holidays to Wexford! Being completely fascinated by 'teenagers'.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I wasn't a very happy child, but looking back now I miss being able to start up a big game of soccer with whoever happened to be hanging around. Any day of the week, even if the green was muddy, it was possible to get a game! The kids in my estate these days just don't have a clue :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭norwegianwood

They say you never have friends like the ones you had when you were 12 years old, and it's true! i really miss the gang of friends i had in 6th class....
    playing pretend games that could go on for hours, oh to have that kind of an imagination.
    penny sweets! and the excitement when i got taken to mcdonalds, cause i only got to go about once a year.
    reading books in the dark when my mam turned off my light, then pretending to be asleep when she came to check on me.
    getting up at half six in the morning to watch cartoons
    discos at the local gaa hall, they were all the rage when i was about 9
    thinking that i'd be all grown up when i got to 13 lol:)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Playing tip the can during the summer especially when it got dark.

Manhunt in the woods.

Making "bases" man we were a creative lot.

Was great that in my estate all of the kids were all around the same age.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

I loved tip the can!

Crossing your fingers and shouting "TAX!" so people couldn't tag you.
    Crossing your fingers to get you out of telling blatant lies.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Piste wrote: »
    I loved tip the can!

Crossing your fingers and shouting "TAX!" so people couldn't tag you.
    Crossing your fingers to get you out of telling blatant lies.

Lol ah memories.

We used to be a bit more fly where we would stand on the edge of the pavement and when the person who was on tried to say "tip the can i see etc on the pavement" we'd just jump down onto the road :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

I miss Pokémon. The greatest cartoon/video game crossover series ever. It just really triggered a child's imagination fantastically.

True, but with that came the crushing realisation that Pokemon were not real and I could not actually become a Pokemon trainer. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,011 ✭✭✭cHaTbOx

No I wouldn't , hated it .
    Maybe if I went back with things I have learned , but I didn't enjoy it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

No I wouldn't , hated it .
    Maybe if I went back with things I have learned , but I didn't enjoy it.

Ditto. But going back and being able to fake being a child prodigy for a while would be cool. And being able to ruin all the soaps for people YEARS in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

When to get out of potential trouble you would threaten to tell on the person for telling on you,then they wouldent tell.I was street smart:D

Sliding down the hill at school in your uniform when the grass was wet,then you had to spend an hour at the radiator in the classroom to dry off!Both the sliding and the lack of work was great.

Cops and robbers.

Parley!You couldent be tagged in parley!

Sports daysin school and no uniform days.

The xmas parties in school,crisps and drinks for free!

Advertisement