Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

stopping smoking on the 1st of jan 2009

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭dollyk

well im still here, its getting easier i suppose, not dwelling on the issue too much tbh, will pop back in a week or so, good luck to the rest of you :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭bluecell99

rescue26 wrote: »
    Hi Guys, gave up the fags 2 days ago and finding it tough. On the patches but one minute I think its a great idea and the next I think Ill just have one, Not sleeping great, had nightmares all monday night which im presuming is linked as I never have nightmares. Moods are all over the place. Not really feeling any benefits, when do you start to feel them. At least if I felt abit better I would think it was worthwhile. HELP!!!!!!:(

Takes about three months before you do notice any benefits as such in terms of your stamina or better breathing.It certainly wont be noticeable before then and many people feel worse than when they were smoking - with sore throats,catching every bug going,maybe even more coughing than usual.This is just the body repairing itself and getting rid of the toxins and becoming used to normal air again!

Dont give up,try to get more fresh air every day and walk a bit more.

As a by the way three months is considered by most surgeons as the minimum time a person should be off the fags and considered an ex smoker.Before they undergo procedures such as heart bypass operations and stents .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭thebouldwhacker

Hey Dolly, How are you getting on????:D

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭dollyk

:) still here , thanks.. still going strong..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭moonboy52

Good job to all who are still off them cursed things:P. I will be off them 4 months next tuesday. I still think about them but my resolve is stronger than the desire.

We can do this!!!! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭jamescc

hi

it's great to hear all the people that have quitt and still off the wagon .
    I quit on the 1st may am using champix great now and again i get a craving lasts about ten mins. and it goes .

i was surprised to hear about most having sleeping problems, throught it was just me
    well i am on day two, third attemt giving up . THIS IS THE LAST .

james

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

:)

day 3 still of the fags.
    got up this morning, and without thinking went to grab the smokes that wernt there.
    I have a small craving this morning but still not going to give in.

well am near the end of the third day and am just writing , somehow it makes the throughts that bit easier to deal with the cravings, Did not think that you get cravings with champix but i am , they are coming and going. I would like to know if any1 else using them has any cravings , still not smoked but i throught about it . then i would be back to square one and i do not want that.
    later

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭the GALL

hey Dolly
    just a quick 'hows it going? hope alls well'
    the Gall

• Advertisement
Advertisement