Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

50% off Everything IN TOY-CITY PS3.Xbox.Wii.DS Everything in store!!!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Quackles

coghlac3 wrote: »
    Any word on Sligo???

Checking later, will let you know. I did hear before christmas that they were going out of business, wonder if this is related?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭Onikage

Plenty of console boxes but no consoles in Athlone. Plenty of differing stories amongst the staff so either pulled back or earmarked for the sharper staff... baxtards.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

Roscommon store said they were getting them back in but not for a couple of weeks and im guessing not for that price too.

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭boopolo

Probably hide them in the backroom store untill the sale is finished

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭onlinegamer

I picked up a psp today at the Athlone branch. no ps3 left but i did see some1 walk out with an arcade eddition xbox 360 (the green box)

I was leaving the car park at this stage so I could not ask..
    (2 screaming babys in the car)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭Onikage

I picked up a psp today at the Athlone branch. no ps3 left but i did see some1 walk out with an arcade eddition xbox 360 (the green box)

I was leaving the car park at this stage so I could not ask..
    (2 screaming babys in the car)

Staff in that branch told several people, myself included, that there were no consoles available today. And yes, I was in early.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭ianwalsh2

I was in the Longford Branch there now and was told there's no consoles. I was hoping to get a wireless PS3 controller but none of those either I'm afraid. Plenty of PS2 accessories! Relatively poor selection of games, although there are one or two gud uns. Little Big Planet was in there for €35. Plenty of toys, trampolines, football goals, basketball hoops etc so if there was a birthday coming up it'd be excellent.

this psp was probably 1 that was held for some1 since yesterday that was never collected it and probably the same for the xbox arcade i seen

ianwalsh2 wrote: »
    I was in the Longford Branch there now and was told there's no consoles. I was hoping to get a wireless PS3 controller but none of those either I'm afraid. Plenty of PS2 accessories! Relatively poor selection of games, although there are one or two gud uns. Little Big Planet was in there for €35. Plenty of toys, trampolines, football goals, basketball hoops etc so if there was a birthday coming up it'd be excellent.

I was in longford yesterday evening and they had loads of the "compatable" ps3 contollers left, not the official ones but they would do the same job!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 268 ✭✭Frank3142

any toy city(or whatever its called) in ennis

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

just to clarify i was in toymaster dun laoghaire and the one near jervis st. in city centre and they don't even sell consoles :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭Trinity

grimm2005 wrote: »
    just to clarify i was in toymaster dun laoghaire and the one near jervis st. in city centre and they don't even sell consoles :(

I was in Banba yesterday which i think is toymaster and didnt see any sales bar 20% off prams. The stuff i did buy was full price.

Trinity1 wrote: »
    I was in Banba yesterday which i think is toymaster and didnt see any sales bar 20% off prams. The stuff i did buy was full price.

time to take back and make a trip to the midlands.. you will have plenty to choose from. large number of Cots Prams Car seats Stairgates High chairs, everything disscounted at till :)

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭kendragon

grimm2005 wrote: »

Girlfriend used to work for the one in limerick before a number of them closed down. Only one left in this region is the one in ennis... never been to it but gfriend reckons none of them sold consoles. She thought it was a bit daft of them to be honest.

kendragon wrote: »
    Girlfriend used to work for the one in limerick before a number of them closed down. Only one left in this region is the one in ennis... never been to it but gfriend reckons none of them sold consoles. She thought it was a bit daft of them to be honest.

I was chatting to a mamber of staff at the software section and he said he had rival company XTRAVISSION staff come in yesterday asking if they could buy all there ps3 to sell on in xtravission!
    apparently Toy City Sold them off at below cost price!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,811 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

Also looking for the nearest one to Dublin.
    M450 wrote: »
    Hey I'm confused, so is this Toymaster aswel? I've never heard of Toy City, what would be the closest one to Dublin?

the title of the thread was changed yesterday when i realised that it was toy city not toymaster.
    what led to me thinking it was Toymaster was when i Googled searched toymaster in longford it came up as (Mastertech Business Park) the address for toymaster Longford.. so that was where the confusion started.
    When i Arrived at the address supplied by goggle it was indeed toy city.

http://www.google.ie/search?hl=en&q=toymaster+longford&meta=

• Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Quackles

coghlac3 wrote: »
    Any word on Sligo???

The offer is indeed on in Sligo, I stocked up on baby equipment today (thanks, OP, my wallet owes you one!). The queues down at the computer games bit were stupidly long, so didn't check for consoles or anything like that, stayed in the nursery section. Looked like there were still plenty of toys. They were out of cot bed mattresses, but the lass I was talking to says they should get a delivery of them on Wednesday, so I'll be back ;)

Also, they let me pay with my one4all voucher, was afraid they wouldn't with the sale. So a great day shopping all round!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭jambofc

well folks every toy city in the country is out of stock of all consoles :(
    ive just spent 6 hours driving from meath to longford,roscommon,athlone,galway and sligo as the f###n pr###s wouldnt answer there phones in any of there stores :mad:

Happy new year Quackles
    ;)

• Advertisement

jambofc they realy did earn their crust today yesterday and will do for the next 2 weeks!
    they were way too busy to anser phones every second of the day, they had customers like myself any many others pulling at them from left to right to reach top shelvs and go out back for stock & work on the tills at the same time

by the way they knew nothing about the 50% offers untill they opened up yesterday they were kept in the dark so that everyone got a fair chance. customers and staff

I think consoles weren't supposed to be in the deal but a few consoles got sold by mistake.

do you think there will be any ps3's left this week

Frank3142 wrote: »
    do you think there will be any ps3's left this week
    I don't think there any consoles left by today.

oh rats

Dman001 wrote: »
    I think consoles weren't supposed to be in the deal but a few consoles got sold by mistake.

you know that is very possible! about a week ago they had 25% off everything and it excluded hardware & software! as i said earlier XTRA-VISSON staff were in looking for consoles to sell on themselvs as they were been sold for less than cost price from the suppliers :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭mgsrocks

jambofc wrote: »
    well folks every toy city in the country is out of stock of all consoles :(
    ive just spent 6 hours driving from meath to longford,roscommon,athlone,galway and sligo as the f###n pr###s wouldnt answer there phones in any of there stores :mad:

With the money you spent on petrol you could have just gone to newry and got one for ~€300...assuming its a ps3 you were after

• Registered Users Posts: 2,243 ✭✭✭zoro

I was chatting to a mamber of staff at the software section and he said he had rival company XTRAVISSION staff come in yesterday asking if they could buy all there ps3 to sell on in xtravission!
    apparently Toy City Sold them off at below cost price!

If this is indeed true, it makes me absolutely sick.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭jambofc

mgsrocks wrote: »
    With the money you spent on petrol you could have just gone to newry and got one for ~€300...assuming its a ps3 you were after

was gonna by 3 and make money on dem

• Advertisement

jambofc wrote: »
    was gonna by 3 and make money on dem

someone up there knew you were greedy and thats why you got none!! mad.gif im glad you got nothing and wasted your time and petrol!!!

Advertisement