Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Next SALE starts 27th 5AM in most stores

Options
  • 26-12-2008 11:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭mickoneill30

They used to be good. I used to grab nearly enough clothes for the year in these sales. I don't bother anymore.

Absolutely all sale items half price is correct. However they've huge sections of their store (in Blanchardstown anyway for the last few years) that are excluded from the sale. I used to go there, find something great and then wander up to the till to find out I grabbed it from a non sale area.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,353 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

^^ True, Next sale is not the same what it used to be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭donmeister

I remember last year I went in for the January sales as it was advertised 50% off everything*

*Was a tiny rack of SALE ITEMS, i.e.hideous clothes that nobody bought the whole year I'd say!

Pweh! Thanks Spipov.............

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭Spipov

it says half price on sale items, not all items... i expect it to be quite eurm. you know....

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭bcirl03

Far from a sale in my opinion - more like a warehouse clearance.

Selection of clothes on sale are always poor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,904 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

:pac::pac:

Next sales=silly
    People who go at 5am to next sales=silly

Whats makes them think they are so special that they open oh-so-early?
    Whats so good about their clothes?
    Prefer to spend my money elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,211 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Buying on the internet ftw

• Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭bazwaldo

I've gotten some great stuff for the kids over the past few years. Not worth getting up at 5am for, but defo worth having a look on the first day while there is something left.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

Got into cork about 8 and had a look in....then walked straight back out again, place was mobbed and there were even folks sitting on the ground sorting through piles of clothes they had grabbed. Queue about 20 deep! Headed into M&S and got clothes for the lads there instead!!

Good day at the sales-spent about 160 and got loads of stuff at that. Used €7 off voucher on 2 transactions in Debenhams(both around €38). Many of the things I got were 1 day only offers...you wouldn't believe the amount of stuff I got for the €64. Brilliant book offers in Easons in Mahon(went to Mahon after!). Good offers in Waterstones. Half price on all gift sets in Boots......could go on for ages but I am glad I went in!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭buckrodgers

I went to next in douglas court and it was empty!! It was great, got lovely stuff for my small boy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭In$omniac

Had a look in there today, I wasn't impressed at all :(

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭ash2020

Now, these guys know how to throw a real 50% off SALE. iv had terrable experiences with crappy Next sales ¬

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055448787

• Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Quackles

Took a wander in to the Sligo Next today - Pretty much walked straight through, it was too disorganised and crowded, and I was too tired and achy to try and wade my way through the 99% crap to try and find the 1% worthwhile.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭shaca

Got up at 4 to be at next sale in sligo for 5. (ya silly i know) but my sister was going on her own so I said I would go to keep her company instead of her driving on her own at that time of night. All i can say is never again. The kids clothes were grand and got a few bits for my 2 kids. Jeans were great value at €9 for my 8 yr old. But I was disgusted at the amount of kids that were there at 5 in the morning. There was even babies in prams. It was awful. The worst of it was that it was -2 degrees outside. I cant imagine being that desperate for a bargain that I would drag my kids out of bed in the middle of the night to go shopping. There must have been over 200 people there by 5.30. It was like a cattle mart. Think Ill give it a miss next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭Sharp

Went to Next in blackrock, lots of kids stuff on sale, the mens dept is tiny and their was very little on display , this was late afternoon and the leftovers didn't look great.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Didn't go this year, but I usually head to Next sales in order to buy work suits - there can be bargains in that area.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

they used to be good,i mean ,on the fashion prospect :pac: now i just may give it a look when i am around a next shop

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭SAVE_ME.222

I went in to check out the sale, but was displeased so just moved onto the "next" shop.

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,927 ✭✭✭dodzy

There yesterday morning. Pure tat ( for lads anyway ). The usual scrummaging by the women dragging their plastics sacks around the floor full to the brim with anything they could get their hands on. Then they'd mooch off to some quiet corner of the store where they would unpack everything, disgard what they dont want, and off to the tills.

Used to be good, but as previous posters have stated, more non sale stock on the floor each year.

The best sale yesterday started at 11.00am in Bertoni ( mens clothes ). 50% off marked price on everything with the exception of a few suits. Quality stuff, and with 50% off, a REAL bargain.....:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,534 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

dodzy wrote: »
    The usual scrummaging by the women dragging their plastics sacks around the floor full to the brim with anything they could get their hands on. Then they'd mooch off to some quiet corner of the store where they would unpack everything, disgard what they dont want, and off to the tills.

Are people that desperate ? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭Onikage

Are people that desperate ? :eek:

Replace "desperate" with "crazy" and the question becomes easier to answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭Spipov

a lot of loads of crap for men. seriously. nothing even interesting. liffey valley or blanch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Stan_D

Was in Next Dundrum this morning 11.30am: not too busy (compared to yesterday when it was a mad frenzy) and still some reasonable stuff left.

Next appear to get in a load of (gents) clothing specially for the sale that is not their usual stock - so its a case of don't be fooled by the "half price" ****... some gear is really poor quality. Having said that, some jackets & shirts were good and genuine bargains. The shoes on offer were pathetic compared to previous years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭RATM

I used to always make sure I'd be there at 5am for these sales a few years back, I even remember going into one hammered on the way home from a club once:D But in the last few years the stuff they put out is pure tat IMHO and I no longer bother going down so early. I did go in this year ( but not especially ) and again it was just rubbish that was for sale. I'm less likely to shop there during the year if that is what their sales are made of.

Another shop Ive noticed that used to have really good sales but now follows the Next formula of just trying to get rid of crap that no-one wants is River Island. Few years back they had excellent sales but these days I just seem to walk in and out within 10 minutes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭Rozbeef

anyone know what the policy on returns are? got a jacket in the sale and somehow i got a size too big. cheers.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,030 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Rozbeef wrote: »
    anyone know what the policy on returns are? got a jacket in the sale and somehow i got a size too big. cheers.

As far as I know, they are accepting return items back from today onwards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭Rozbeef

Aquos76 wrote: »
    As far as I know, they are accepting return items back from today onwards

excellent. thanks a lot!

Advertisement