Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

50% off Everything IN TOY-CITY PS3.Xbox.Wii.DS Everything in store!!!!

Options
  • 27-12-2008 6:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭

thats rights read it here 1st

Playstation 3 consoles 80 gig & 160 gig
    Xbox 360 Consoles
    Nintendo Wii
    Ds Lite

All software
    All Hardware

Cots, Beds, Prams, Dolls, Duracell Batteries... EVERYTHING!

Toy City!

happy new year!

//onlinegamer

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭Genco

To which toymaster store(s) does this refer and do you have any sample prices ?

Only reason I ask is that most of the games for nintendo wii and ds lite were about €20-€30 dearer per game than in smyths and game store up to last week for sure.

I would be interested in a DS lite if the price was 50% off but I am sceptical that Toymaster would be capable of delivering something temptingly attractive although I will check back to see if its worth heading up to malahide road :o

• Registered Users Posts: 32,379 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Their website says UP TO 50% off. Completely different story, I cannot imagine any place knocking 50% off fixed price products like consoles.

http://www.toymaster.co.uk/shop/HalfPriceSale.html

• Registered Users Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

To be honest, I'm getting pretty sick of opening threads on here that look like they contain real bargain alerts only to find they are misrepresented or just plain inaccurate. It's starting to devalue this forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭onlinegamer

will show you proof in just a sec..

it was toy city - formaly known as toy master

bear with me till i upload pic :)

• Registered Users Posts: 45,873 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Toy City and Toymaster are different. No?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

will show you proof in just a sec..

it was toy city - formaly known as toy master

bear with me till i upload pic :)
    So a PS3 is going for €200? I rang Athlone Toy City (I thought ToyMaster=Toy City) but they were out of PS3s. Stupidly, I never asked how much for one.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Did a search. No xbox, wii, or playstation on the site. I smell a shill.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

the_syco wrote: »
    I smell a bullshit.

fyp.

sorry the camera wont read the receipt clearly.. but heres the numbers to check 4 urself
    Rosscommon 09066 34654
    Longford 043 46302

I picked up a 160 GB PS3 for 450 -> 225euro with 4 games
    a 13ft Trampoline with ladder & enclosour 330 -> 165 euro
    & a childs car seat 149 -> 75euro

sorry the camera wont read the receipt clearly.. but heres the numbers to check 4 urself
    Rosscommon 09066 34654
    Longford 043 46302

I picked up a 160 GB PS3 for 450 -> 225euro with 4 games
    a 13ft Trampoline with ladder & enclosour 330 -> 165 euro
    & a childs car seat 149 -> 75euro
    NOO! I was after the Roscommon number for ages and now they are closed. Cheer for the number though. Where did you buy the PS3 and was there more?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,460 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

They did has 25% off everything before christmas but it wasn't advertised!! Girl just said it to us at the till that anything that wasn't already reduced is 25% off so I would imagine this could be the same! Just a pity that all their games etc are overpriced at about €70 a go for really old titles in Longfords store.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 gpmaguir

good on ye

As far as i know they are called toymaster in the north & toy city down here. hence why they hace a co.uk site for toymaster.

but anyways they had wii's left in longford this evening and there offers where'nt advertised at all down here.. paprers or tv

and the offfers run for 2 weeks!

get your skates on tomorrow

As far as i know they are called toymaster in the north & toy city down here. hence why they hace a co.uk site for toymaster.

but anyways they had wii's left in longford this evening and there offers where'nt advertised at all down here.. paprers or tv

and the offfers run for 2 weeks!

get your skates on tomorrow
    I'll head up tomorrow and report back. Thanks for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,873 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Good man, thanks. Im sure someone will get a decent bargain.

They also have cars jeeps and bikes some priced at up to 450 euro befor the offer price.

I dont know about the over priced games jonny24ie. i picked up some ps3 titeles for 15euro today, where 50 down to 29, then the 50% on top of that :) also got the ps3 verson of Buzz 80euro minus the 50% off at till = 40euro - longford branch

plenty of games in stock!

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Woodgate

Where would the nearest Toy City be to Waterford? We used to have a Toymaster but its long gone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 youyou

this is not real is all a big fat lie

youyou wrote: »

would u like to put money on it? :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

would the toymaster (toy city?) beside smyths at jervis be doing this offer? the website dosn't even seem to list games consoles.

It all seems a bit suspect :confused:

• Advertisement

i dont live in dublin so i dont know what offers they are running there.. i will post a pic of bought i have sitting in my hall.. im afraid my camera cannot get a clear shot of the print on the receipt but you will just have to take my word on that : )

How did you find out about this deal? Do you know how much they were sellimg a 40gb PS3.

youyou wrote: »
    To be honest, I'm getting pretty sick of opening threads on here that look like they contain real bargain alerts only to find they are misrepresented or just plain inaccurate. It's starting to devalue this forum.
    the_syco wrote: »
    Did a search. No xbox, wii, or playstation on the site. I smell a shill.
    Kinetic^ wrote: »
    fyp.

Thank you for your positive comments ¬
    :rolleyes:

if any1 else find this thread intresting click on the (THANK USER) found at the Bottom Right hand side of this message, its only takes 1 click!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

Thats a damn good deal, will head in to town early tomorrow to check it out. Not particularly looking at getting a ps3 but its a bargain at that price, purely for the blu ray.

So are toymaster and toy city the same then?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭Onikage

Who is kevin roscommon?

Seriously, that looks reasonably convincing. Could be just that store though. May stick the head into the Athlone bracnch to see what's happening tomorrow...

playstation was bought in rosscommon.. trampoline and car seat was bought in longford!

kevin is just the bloke serving on the tills

ring befor coming down save yourself a trip report back if any of the stores are doing the same offer

Athlone, Rosscommon and Longford are running the offer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

There's one beside me at work. I'll drop in tomorrow at lunch. What actually looking for the 360 Arcade, if that deal were on I'd get the elite for cheaper, or even the arcade for sub 100 euro...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Quackles

I'm all over that action :) Need to buy a new cot mattress, time's getting tight! :pac:

playstation was bought in rosscommon.. trampoline and car seat was bought in longford!

kevin is just the bloke serving on the tills

ring befor coming down save yourself a trip report back if any of the stores are doing the same offer

Athlone, Rosscommon and Longford are running the offer
    Im pretty sure all those stores are run by O Connor so it may only be those stores.

• Advertisement

Dman001 wrote: »
    Im pretty sure all those stores are run by O Connor so it may only be those stores.

who is oconnor and why did he decide to drop everything to half price, would they be going bust by any chance?

Advertisement