Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Mounting E-flow tag

Options
  • 22-12-2008 5:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭

I had to take down my eflow tag because it was interfering with my mirror & subsequently the adhesive on the tag holder is useless. I dont know what the hell i could use to reattach it, any suggestions? :confused:

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,819 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

double sided sticky tape over the existing adhesive?

I suspect eFlow will send you another one if you ask nicely - I got a replacement from eTrip due to putting it on backwards (:o) and another when I got a new car; both FOC.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

Dual sticky mounting tape is what you are after here. It is a bit spongy so should make a better bond with the windscreen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭dceire

Dual sticky mounting tape is what you are after here. It is a bit spongy so should make a better bond with the windscreen.

And where would one acquire such dual sticky mounting tape?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Get some of that Loctite stuff that's used for fixing rear view mirrors to windscreens. Most motor factors have it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭dceire

The only thing is that I'm hoping to use something that will keep it in place but isn't too permanent because there's a few chips in the windscreen and sometime in the not so distant future I hope to have it replaced.

• Advertisement
Advertisement