Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star Trek: Next Generation - 20th Anniversary Complete Set (49 Discs) [€69.99@Play]

Options
  • 22-12-2008 1:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭

Link here. Temporarily out of stock though, worth a try.

3386305x.jpg

3386305l.jpg
    Set in the 24th century, about 80 years after the adventures of Captain Kirk, his crew and the starship Enterprise the series Star trek: The Next generation is the successor to the original Star Trek series from the 1960's. Under the command of Captain Jean-Luc Picard the all new Enterprise NCC 1701-D travels out to distant planets to seek out new life and to boldly go where no one has gone before...

This box set features every episode from all seven series.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

o..m...f...g.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Live long; and prosper. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Mordeth wrote: »
    o..m...f...g.
    lol

Amazing price - these seem to retail at about 20yoyo for each season seperately. I might just be tempted :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,671 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

It would be an even better deal if Play let us pay in sterling.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

Nice. Every single episode ever for 70 notes? can't be bad.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭ttm

SofaK wrote: »
    lol

Amazing price - these seem to retail at about 20yoyo for each season seperately. I might just be tempted :)

Only just bought the full series at just those prices. But still don't think 20yoyo is that much for a full season.

Now looking for a real cheap copy of all the Voyager series and I don't mean "copy" ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭ixtlan

Good price... but remember that from Play this may be stopped by customs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

I remember the original release of this and it was 5 or 6 hundred !!! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

ixtlan wrote: »
    Good price... but remember that from Play this may be stopped by customs.

Way to stick the 'fear' into the people waviering as to if they should get it or not.

I've ordered from play.com for years, ordering things ranging from cables to an Xbox 360 HD DVD drive sent by courier and not once have I ever been charged a penny over what play.com charged my card. It is very, very rare and close to mythical occurence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭311

The size of this package would be suspicous though ,compared to standard play orders.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38 robulus

Cheers Ruu! - but 20th anniversary....god, I'm getting old! 8-(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,145 ✭✭✭dazberry

Syferus wrote: »
    Way to stick the 'fear' into the people waviering as to if they should get it or not.

I've ordered from play.com for years, ordering things ranging from cables to Xbox 30 HD DVD drives and not once have I even been charged a penny over what play.com charged my card. It is very, very rare and close to mythical occurence.

It happened to me last week.

1 x Thunderbirds The Complete Series @ €53.49
    1 x Custom Docket (11.50 VAT + 5.00 clearence) @ €16.50
    Total cost €69.99

D.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

dazberry wrote: »
    It happened to me last week.

1 x Thunderbirds The Complete Series @ €53.49
    1 x Custom Docket (11.50 VAT + 5.00 clearence) @ €16.50
    Total cost €69.99

D.

My Xbox 360 HD DVD drive was bigger than a shoebox and it was sent by courier and no customs were charged.

To add to that, I had a copy of Guitar Hero: World Tour bundled with a guitar sent by regular post (by HMV.com) a few weeks ago and nothing was charged on it, and packages don't come much bigger than that.

I don't dispute that it happens, but it's a very hit-and-miss affair - it's very much mostly 'miss', and the few dissenting voices drown out the fact that it's not particularly likely, no matter the size.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭ixtlan

Syferus wrote: »

I don't dispute that it happens, but it's a very hit-and-miss affair - it's very much mostly 'miss', and the few dissenting voices drown out the fact that it's not particularly likely, no matter the size.

:) I don't work in retail and I'm not trying to scare anyone! I agree that it's mostly miss, but it's certainly not a "close to mythical occurence". See here in this thread we have one response that it happened to the OP?!

Where does hmv.com ship from? Obviously if it's the UK or anywhere in the EU there are no customs issues. Play is different because it ships from Jersey which is technically outside the EU.

Personally I'll buy from Play and others like them if the package is under €22, and otherwise I'll buy from Amazon or other EU retailers where I don't have to worry about the possibility (however small) of a customs charge.

ix.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Cmar-Ireland

Just ordered this, fingers crossed.

Thanks Ruu

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

would love to get a similar offer on DS9

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

would love to get a similar offer on DS9

Seasons 1-6 are £12.93 each at asda-entertainment.co.uk.

Showing for €499 on Play now :(

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Alfie1

And £139 That seems like a fair price considering the current exchange rate :mad:

Alfie1 wrote: »
    And £139 That seems like a fair price considering the current exchange rate :mad:

Fuckin' hell what a profit! :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12 nightswimr

Currently £12.98 per season on Amazon.co.uk. That's only £90.86 which at current exchange rate is only €94.24.
    Not sur about delivery though, will have to check.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Preset No.3

Just ordered this now on Play.com at €69.99! Sweet

Nice one, let us know if it arrives.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

I placed an order on the 23rd, it was at status "Order Taken" for the last week, has just gone to "packing"...looks hopeful! Will post when (if) it arrives.

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭center15

Just got an email saying this has shipped :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

Just ordered it now, says "in stock" on the web site.

That is an unbelievable price for the amount of content you are getting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭qwertz

When ordering from Ireland are you forced to pay their euro price (€69.99) or can you pay the euro-equivalent of their sterling price (£49.99)?

Edit: Found the answer myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭themonk

mine shipped today too .. fingers crossed this wont get stopped for vat:P

Same here, shipped 30/12. Fingers crossed!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭center15

Showing as €190 now

Advertisement