Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Live forever or die now, what'll it be?

Options
  • 22-12-2008 4:10am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭

A simple choice: Live forever or die right now this second, which would you choose?

Assuming that life on this planet will go on forever.

Edit: No freezing yourself. You can't kill yourself cos you're living forever. Artards.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭deleriumtremens

die now...but just because theres only those two choices!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,562 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Live forever.
    If eventually you get bored you could just off yourself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Epic Tissue

Live forever, get bored.. just freeze yourself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭nobodythere

Frisbee wrote: »
    Live forever.
    If eventually you get bored you could just off yourself

Ah no that makes no sense

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

Live forever clearly.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

I'm afraid to answer this. Like what if it's a CURSED THREAD? Ya answer and then it happens, whoaaa.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭RoMiLe

grasshopa wrote: »
    A simple choice: Live forever or die right now this second, which would you choose?

Neither.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,920 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Atari Jaguar

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭fcleere

live forever.stoopid question

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

If anyone wants the 'die now' option, i know where there's a tall building, we could go there right now, i'll be on hand to give you a push.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭Cpaw

Well I suppose if you got fed up of living forever you could always top yourself?

Cpaw wrote: »
    SENNA,

How dare you send me an ABUSIVE PM,

Reported you fat assed w hore, prepare to say goodbye to your sorry ass in the morning, when you are banned from here permanently.

Cpaw

Oh no you dinnnn't!

I'd consider the die now option. I mean, FOREVER! That's a long time. What if you got tired of living and you couldn't die.

Sorry doublepost

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭Cpaw

grasshopa wrote: »
    Oh no you dinnnn't!

I'd consider the die now option. I mean, FOREVER! That's a long time. What if you got tired of living and you couldn't die.

''grasshopa'' Reported. What the **** are you at misquoting me?????????????????

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Oh wow you're actually insane. Ha you can see that "edited by Cpaw" under the post yes? How you've made it to 95 posts without being banned escapes me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Live forever.

Why oh why would anyone want to die?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 446 ✭✭phenomenon

Kold wrote: »

Random!!!1!

On topic: If restricted to those 2 choices, I'd pick die now. Living forever would be horrible not only because of the boredom aspect but also because you'd see everybody you know and love die. This would happen with every new generation of friends you make ad infinitum.

There would be the odd benefit however.
    "That's what I love about high school girls. I keep getting older but they stay the same age.." ~Brian

• Registered Users Posts: 4,728 ✭✭✭Naos

I'd choose to live forever.

I don't want to die now, too many thing's I have left to do.

Also you could argue that your family & friends would have to see you die, so you're choosing for them to suffer heartache and sadness instead of yourself.

Also to the people saying "I'd live forever and if I get bored, I'd top myself" - You can't. You're alive. Forever.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭NewFrockTuesday

Also to the people saying "I'd live forever and if I get bored, I'd top myself" - You can't. You're alive. Forever.

Fact!! :pac:

Live forever without a doubt. Even though I thnk the longterm consequences of watching everyone you love die time after time would make you into a crazy before too manay millenia have passed. The notion is too big to concieve living through, objects in the rearview mirror and all that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

Live forever.* I reckon it's a good bet that science will advance to the point where you can have your memory wiped so you could re-experience everything.

*assuming your body stays in good shape. Wouldn't want to be a crippled old deaf, dumb and blind wreck after the first 200 years.

Akin to Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind?

Genius Javaboy! Actually, I've just gotten the title of that film now; again, Genius!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,024 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

I'd probably pick the die now option but who knows. Make me an offer.

Okay, your offer is to live forever or die now.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Note: Mods can see edits made in posts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭LeahBaby

Eh live forever as an immortal, invsible dictator!

Holsten wrote: »
    Live forever.

Why oh why would anyone want to die?

People's opinions differ on everything, even life.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

RoMiLe wrote: »
    People's opinions differ on everything

No they don't.

javaboy wrote: »
    No they don't.

Yes they do. How long have you been using this forum? And you still haven't figured that out.

Some people think life is ****.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

So what happens if during your time living forever you get a shotgun to your head blowing it clean off??? Or are we bullet proof?

Advertisement