Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Let's hear your Music !

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭tubedude

Sounds great! Not that it sounds fake, but is that vibrato real?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭dav nagle

tubedude wrote: »
    Sounds great! Not that it sounds fake, but is that vibrato real?

Yeah she does have a strong vibrato. There was no vibrato or vocal trickery used, it was her first time recording, she did very well I must say. She is going to have it play for the first dance at her wedding in a few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,141 ✭✭✭eoin5

Good stuff Dav, shes got a great voice. Were still lookin for some opinions on our track : Funky Sexy Rock and Roll. Also if anyones got any tips on getting it out there wed be grateful, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭Rockshamrover

eoin5 wrote: »
    Good stuff Dav, shes got a great voice. Were still lookin for some opinions on our track : Funky Sexy Rock and Roll. Also if anyones got any tips on getting it out there wed be grateful, thanks.

"Play that funky music white boy" Hi Eoin5, that's a great song. You don't here to much funk on this site.

Again I ain't no expert but, the drums were very low in the mix for me and the bass was a bit to up front but nicely played. I liked the vocals and guitars.

It sounds like you guys can play your instruments, funk isn't for the feint hearted.

Keep up the good work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

flyswatter wrote: »
    This is just a short ambient track I made. Please let me know what you think of it. :)

http://www.zshare.net/audio/59809887deae8a3b/

Anyone care to comment on this short track I made?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭iHeartRyanAdams

this is a home recording our band, take the money and run, did at home using sound forge..

http://www.bebo.com/MP3Player.jsp?MemberId=4529546303

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

flyswatter wrote: »
    Anyone care to comment on this short track I made?

does what it's doing spot on.

that's not some sort of underhand criticism by the way. I mean you're going for that Eno-esque ambient sound, and you've nailed it.

fair play.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

jtsuited wrote: »
    does what it's doing spot on.

that's not some sort of underhand criticism by the way. I mean you're going for that Eno-esque ambient sound, and you've nailed it.

fair play.

Thanks man. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,141 ✭✭✭eoin5

"Play that funky music white boy" Hi Eoin5, that's a great song. You don't here to much funk on this site.

Again I ain't no expert but, the drums were very low in the mix for me and the bass was a bit to up front but nicely played. I liked the vocals and guitars.

It sounds like you guys can play your instruments, funk isn't for the feint hearted.

Keep up the good work.

Thanks, yea the drums seem low alright. I think its the way I'm playing them and the setup more than anything. Next time I'll try to get more snap and more even hits. Bass is my thing so I cant help putting it up in the mix :D.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 LayneVedder

Ava Ria

Kilkenny/Waterford based band

this is our myspace

www.myspace.com/avariaband

these are our first three songs recorded

hopin to record again soon.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭revolver2k

Hi all,

Thought i'd post up my own stuff.
    All recorded at home with garageband and basic gear (on a budget etc.) but you get the general idea of how they're meant to sound, if I ever get to record them properly!

The first 2 tunes on the page are slightly higher quality as i replaced my microphone for them. Bought an SE condenser microphone last weekend - the one on special in xmusic for E200, with a Samson Phantom box to power it through a Fast Track USB.

Acoustic guitar is recorded through the SE mike on the latest tracks, along with voice. A borrowed Strat strung upside down (i'm a lefty) is recorded through a Zoom FX unit through the fast track too. Bass tracks are recorded in audacity by a mate in Kildare - he mails them to me in .WAV so i can add them to the mix, and unfortunately the drums are all looped samples from either garageband or the interwebs (don't know any drummers!)

Will attempt to use Pro Tools soon enough, but im only a this about 2 months so garageband will do for the time being, while i try learn a bit about recording.
    Started writing my own stuff around March of this year, so wanted to find a cheap way of shaping and recording them.

Anyway, take a listen at http://mickhilliard.tumblr.com and hopefully some of you will enjoy.
    A couple of cover versions up there too.

Cheers,
    Mick

• Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

Sean Nash-Sedation(Original Mix)

okay folks would love some feedback on the mixdown of this track
    http://soundcloud.com/seannash/sean-nash-sedation-original-mix-demo

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,947 ✭✭✭fitz

Reckon the bassline could come up a bit Sean...

fitz wrote: »
    Reckon the bassline could come up a bit Sean...
    hmm okay.
    im trying to get used to these yamaha hs50s.bass sounds decent in them and also good on my ipod but i reckon you might be right so ill give it a boost.
    thanks man

seannash wrote: »
    hmm okay.
    im trying to get used to these yamaha hs50s.bass sounds decent in them and also good on my ipod but i reckon you might be right so ill give it a boost.
    thanks man

your ears are tired. the hats and snare are really harsh sounding, compared to other stuff of that genre.
    take breaks otherwise you end up with these 'take your head clean off' mixes.

kick has too much slap in it too. not enough oomph. i'd actually go for a different kick if I were you.

yeah but mainly your ears are tired and so you're overcompensating with a ridiculously harsh sounding mix.

your ears are tired. the hats and snare are really harsh sounding, compared to other stuff of that genre.
    take breaks otherwise you end up with these 'take your head clean off' mixes.

kick has too much slap in it too. not enough oomph. i'd actually go for a different kick if I were you.

yeah but mainly your ears are tired and so you're overcompensating with a ridiculously harsh sounding mix.
    yeah you could be right on that one alright.
    when you say harsh do you mean there too high or just the overall sound.
    i know the kick sound i should have but im finding it tough to get one that cuts through.

im also wondering are these monitors kinda dull in the highs.i mean i normally have things a bit brighter but i checked other tracks on them and they did seem to be a bit duller.
    i dont want to overcompensate coz the songs i checked on them sound great in clubs and other systems

yeah you could be right on that one alright.
    when you say harsh do you mean there too high or just the overall sound.
    i know the kick sound i should have but im finding it tough to get one that cuts through.

im also wondering are these monitors kinda dull in the highs.i mean i normally have things a bit brighter but i checked other tracks on them and they did seem to be a bit duller.
    i dont want to overcompensate coz the songs i checked on them sound great in clubs and other systems

yeah the hats are too high AND the sound needs to be mellowed. Don't worry about the kick cutting through.

I think what's happening is you're getting 'club kick' syndrome. Where you're imagining what you want it to sound like, but what's in your head is based on how you imagine it in a club. so you end up using a kick that cuts through way too much on non-club systems and ironically won't have enough bottom end to fill out a club system.

Most club systems are tuned so that even the most kick light mix will sound pounding.

yeah the hats are too high AND the sound needs to be mellowed. Don't worry about the kick cutting through.

I think what's happening is you're getting 'club kick' syndrome. Where you're imagining what you want it to sound like, but what's in your head is based on how you imagine it in a club. so you end up using a kick that cuts through way too much on non-club systems and ironically won't have enough bottom end to fill out a club system.

Most club systems are tuned so that even the most kick light mix will sound pounding.
    yeah i think im trying to force it into this club track when its really not.
    ill have to change out a few things alright.
    cheers man.

oh by the way im itching to hear your new stuff but i cant get myspace player uploaded wit my internet

yeah i think im trying to force it into this club track when its really not.
    ill have to change out a few things alright.
    cheers man.

oh by the way im itching to hear your new stuff but i cant get myspace player uploaded wit my internet

sh1t man totally forgot. will mail you the links later.

So just to update.
    i took jtsuiteds and fitzs advice and made the necessary adjustments to the tracks.

im very pleased with the results if im honest.
    http://soundcloud.com/seannash/sean-nash-sedation-original-mix-demo

hope ye agree ha ha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 gerky7518

PaulBrewer wrote: »
    To get the ball rolling -

http://www.myspace.com/theevora

2 tracks we did recently with a new band. We think it's pretty good for what was the band's first studio visit and the fact it's 2/3rds of all their original songs!
    shelter is an excelent song i love the vocals
    reminds me a bit of the voice of chris corner form IAMX
    real nice

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭dav nagle

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLRx_quNeys

Home video I made with a song off the album I made last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,790 ✭✭✭PaulBrewer

gerky7518 wrote: »
    real nice

Cheers. Alan is indeed a great singer.

dav nagle wrote: »

like this dav.bit repetitive but it didnt bother me that much

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭Rockshamrover

dav nagle wrote: »

Cool, very X files. Great vid too.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

gerky7518 wrote: »
    real nice
    PaulBrewer wrote: »
    Cheers. Alan is indeed a great singer.

*takes bow*

:P;)

Paul & Joe got the best out of me (after some time!)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

Check out this youtube site xpressplayx.

any feed back welcome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 joynoiz

Check this one lads:

www.myspace.com/joyfulnoizzz

• Registered Users Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭KarmaGarda

Only just spotted this page now! Gonna trawl back over the previous posters stuff to see what you're all like :D

In the mean time here's a link to some of mine:

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=470473

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭Neurojazz

Well, this took ages to complete - been enjoying it on a regular basis ;)

http://www.spiralking-music.com/releases/sk0011.asp

It's released, but any tech tips welcome.

It's also very long (sorry) - and the prog only comes into completion right at the end... it was made to fall sleep/dream to :)

This is a prelude to the banging distorted 303 stuff i'll post in the dance music forum :)

Advertisement