Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why can people not understand the Price disparity north/south re: debenhams

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 547 ✭✭✭iseethelight

[PHP]
    Jaysoose wrote: »
    The gf's mum works in debenhams blanch and was telling me today that nearly every customer is whinging on about the sterling prices on the goods, people trying to pay in sterling then getting stroppy when they cant etc.

Why cant people educate themselves on this whole thing? she actually had someone walk away from the till without paying in a strop today over this, the customer obviously thought they were right etc but jesus christ is it so hard to understand the higher vat rate, higher wages, higher costs and the fact that the stock was bought months ago at a worse sterling rate??

Im not defending debenhams as they oviously stick a bit on for themselves but walking out of a shop in a huff because they wouldnt give you an exchange rate you liked is ridculous.

Just thought i would vent.

Interesting
    Are the wages here really that much more than the UK
    Of course there is the VAT and the delivery costs to supply Ireland also the cost of business energy is higher although all in all I cant see a justifiction for any more than say a 20% price diff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭RiverWilde

I don't know, all this justification for the price difference is irritating. I don't care why there is a difference, I just know that there is. My wife and I just got back from Enniskillen we spent just over £200 between asda and iceland. That should do us for two and a half weeks (family of six). You'd be lucky to get lunch for that in the south.

Riv

• Registered Users Posts: 32,379 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

RiverWilde wrote: »
    I don't know, all this justification for the price difference is irritating.
    Requesting justification for prices is irritating. They can charge what they want, and do not have to answer to any whinging asshole who demands "reasons" for that price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭RiverWilde

rubadub wrote: »
    Requesting justification for prices is irritating. They can charge what they want, and do not have to answer to any whinging asshole who demands "reasons" for that price.

MEOW! Of course they can charge what they like. They just won't get me to buy any of their products. lol

Riv

Advertisement