Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Unreal

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,585 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

OP, you get a fine in the post when parked for not displaying your tax. Im struggling to understand how you are special and got a summons for a law that doesnt exist.

Can you let us know exactly what is on the summons?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭cianclarke

rex-x wrote: »
    It just happened to be my friend . . . . i have been to court myself for motoring matters just not this one. Two of my uncles are guards and i have daily contact with the local station in my work but there are about 4 guards that have a real problem with us (i.e. stopping other people mistaking them for me, asking did they drive a peugeot and other various details about me, i know because they stopped my work collegue for this)
    I mean we'd be fairly typical 20 year olds, i don't even drink myself wth no history of any police trouble before my car and still have no points.
    Its always trivial things, and just for a look in my car coming home from work at 4am, making up reasons like i indicated left and went right(when i never indicated at all)
    The more boy racer types have had their cars confiscated for things like neon lights . . . . .

when did we lose our freedom . . . . and the summons is for exactly as i described, he has had three similarly ridiculous ones by the same guard, all thrown out of court straight away

Just to add, i have only been driving 2.5 years, have 0 points and yet have been stopped at least 100 times, sometimes 5 times a week and yet nothing comes of it bar one time where i got a 50 fine in court for a minor thing

You've been pulled at least 100 times? You've got to be doing something wrong then, be it the way you present yourself or your car. Nobody gets pulled 100 times out of the blue...
    cpoh1 wrote: »
    Sigh

Incidentally would you pick on a fella cos he was black too? Or just because he had a modified car?
    Just because he had a modified car? Yes, a modified '98 civic is a lot more likely to cause trouble than a Laguna... Any gardai halfway decent at his job will be able to spot a troublemakers car from an enthusiast or indeed a regular driver.

Advertisement