Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sheeple

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭thecommander

When an up and coming predominant leader takes the pi**s out of scripture and puts his foot in to it several times, ears start to crop up.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FCNKwHRCQM

Out of context quotes. A pathetic video.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

When an up and coming predominant leader takes the pi**s out of scripture a number of times for political gain, ears start to crop up. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FCNKwHRCQM

One of the characteristics of AntiChrist is someone that will publicly blaspheme against God. George Bush had enough sense to keep his foot out of it.

"And there was given unto him a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies" Revelation 13vs7.
    Didn't Bush claim that God told him to invade Iraq? Isn't baring false witness with a deity a bit of a no no? And again, I'd say we're almost vertain to find that Bertie also fits that line of scripture.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭nice1franko

When an up and coming predominant leader takes the pi**s out of scripture a number of times for political gain, ears start to crop up. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FCNKwHRCQM

One of the characteristics of AntiChrist is someone that will publicly blaspheme against God. George Bush had enough sense to keep his foot out of it.

"And there was given unto him a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies" Revelation 13vs7.

"I can assure you senator, Christ would never turn the other cheek to terrorists and Americas enemies..."

Jesus wept... whoever made that vid is cracked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭starn

So is slavery ok then, and is it alright to go round stoning people
    Do you really think the Bible is the best thing to base our legal system on
    Cause Im sure working on the sabbeth, punisable by death.
    Which is just a bit extreme isnt it ?

Now I bet if I was inclined to really go looking for it. I could find some even crazier sh1t

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

humanji wrote: »
    Didn't Bush claim that God told him to invade Iraq? Isn't baring false witness with a deity a bit of a no no? And again, I'd say we're almost vertain to find that Bertie also fits that line of scripture.
    I would guess so but that was blatantly stupid, I don't think the any person with a brain would have believed him and certainly not the Church.

Obama is a lot more subtle, he has deliberately twisted scripture to suit his own agenda as he had also done last March in his run up campaign. http://www.worldnetdaily.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=57975

• Advertisement

Never mind Humaji, Run_To_da_hills. Can you answer my question please. Is exectuting someone because they work on the sabbath, pr selling someone into slavery ok. Because the Bible says so ?

starn wrote: »
    Never mind Humaji, Run_To_da_hills. Can you answer my question please. Is executing someone because they work on the sabbath, pr selling someone into slavery ok. Because the Bible says so ?
    When Christ came he fulfilled the old testament of which many of the traditions and practices were no longer valid, including stoning to death, slavery, sacrificial alters, etc.

Christ says the following: "Do not think that I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets. I didn't come to destroy them, but to fulfill them," Matthew 54vs17.

Christians should live by the new testament but should also keep the old testament as a reference and guide as it is all connected.

When Christ came he fulfilled the old testament of which many of the traditions and practices were no longer valid, including stoning to death, slavery, sacrificial alters, etc.

Christ says the following: "Do not think that I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets. I didn't come to destroy them, but to fulfill them," Matthew 54vs17.

Christians should live by the new testament but should also keep the old testament as a reference and guide as it is all connected.

How can it of even been a valid point of law to kill someone for working on the sabbath, THAT IS THE MOST RIDCULOUS THING I HAVE EVER HEARD. I think you owe everyone here a apology

So how do does once decide which parts Biblical laws to keep and govern a country with and which ones not to ?

In the video youve provided Obama questions the relevence of certain parts of the Bible stonong to death, slavery, etc, etc. You yourself have said that the exact same passages are no longer valid {Not that they ever were}

So why do you not like the man. You hold exactly the same views as him.

Run_to_da_hills are you sure, your not the antichrist
    So Im confused. Why do dislike him for questioning the relevence of the Bible when you agree, When you both agree are no longer valid

[/QUOTE]
    In the video youve provided Obama questions the relevence of certain parts of the Bible stonong to death, slavery, etc, etc. You yourself have said that the exact same passages are no longer valid {Not that they ever were}

So why do you not like the man. You hold exactly the same views as him.
    I NEVER stated that I did not like the man, however I did state that one should be vigilant about the guy.

He is not in power yet however It will be even more vigilant about him WHEN he takes over from Bush with the Global agenda on international security, climate change and the "War on terrorism". He has already spoken of "great things"

Again where did I say I ever disliked the guy? show me? I pointed out scripture that this guy used to twist to support his own agenda prior to his election.

Well I got the impression form this post and thread, looks like hes not the only one to "twist" scripture to support there own agenda
    Could Barack Obama be the Antichrist Or is he just another part of the 'New World Order' like Bush?

We are moving to a global 'Police State' as a nation and a world. through economic and enviornmental decline, step by step we are creating a cashless society where our identity and finances exist in one microchip, which may eventually be implanted under our skin. Technological advances and terrorism move us closer to the reality of 'Big Brother', and the growing financial crisis may move us closer to a Global Government'.

All of a sudden mister wonderful appears on the sceen out of nowhere.

Lets look at scripture.

And there was given unto him a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies; and power was given unto him to continue forty and two months. Revelation 13:5

He has spoken great things about 'Change' and new prosperity for the world, written a book called 'The Audacity of Hope'. Many would say his argument that he is the best pro-life candidate is a blasphemy. 42 months is about the length of a presidential term, but it could refer to the length of a new position developed as part of the 'New World Order'.

And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations. Revelation 13:7 .

In order to have power over all of the people of the Earth this would likely require a One-World-Government, something we have never seen before. The New World Order is what Gordon Brown proposes, which is a strong movement toward a One-World-Government. Obama talks about a New World Order in his Berlin speech that basically says Global Citizenship is required and not an option. Many people already see Obama as the 'President of the World'. The night it was announced he was president elect there were celebrations around the world in nearly every nation, unlike ever seen before for a U.S. president. Barack Obama was preferred over John Mccain by a majority of 70-90% of the population of virtually every country.

And through his policy also he shall cause craft to prosper in his hand; and he shall magnify himself in his heart, and by peace shall destroy many: he shall also stand up against the Prince of princes; but he shall be broken without hand, Daniel 8:25

Obama has primarily ran on messages of "Hope" and "Change" and Peace (opposing the Iraq War; Nuclear Disarmament - which is always in the name of peace but can actually cause great harm if the Super Powers like the USA do disarm, and a rogue country gets a hold of nuclear weapons)

Not to mention how the world has hailed him as a Messiah.. (A mountain named after him, a National Holiday in the works, Oprah calling him 'The One', Children Singing His Praises, Youth 'Stepping' in Military Fatigues for him, gathering crowds over 100,000 strong, and everything else you can view on this site.) He has been seen by the non-religious as a 'Secular Messiah', and he has been compared to Jesus more and more frequently.

"And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads: And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name." Revelation 13:16-17
    This part of the bible has been discussed in great depth. In order to have the ability to control who buys and sells all over the world this also suggests a One-World-Government like what may result from the New Economic World Order that is being proposed. If we have a 'New World Order' and 'Global Tax Cuts' then a Global Tax is not far away, and has been on the U.N. drawing board for years. The financial crisis has sped things up in the One-World-Government process. Will we see a truly Global Bank with it's own Global Currency? The movement towards the consolidation of European currencies into the Euro was a huge step. The technology to track financial transactions is becoming better and better everyday. We are not far away from being able to have this 'mark' on our hand or head that will control our ability to purchase, we may already have the technology, it will just need the implementation.

I considered the horns, and, behold, there came up among them another little horn, before whom there were three of the first horns plucked up by the roots: and, behold, in this horn were eyes like the eyes of man, and a mouth speaking great things. Daniel 7:8

This is the part of the Bible where everyone refers the the rise from obscurity to great power. The interpretation comes from the little horn rising up, I already adressed him speaking great things. Did you know who Barack Obama was before 4 years ago? He was an obscure sentator, who began running for president 2 years into his FIRST term. He is one of the most powerful speakers on the planet, and he was able to rise from obscurity with ONE SPEECH, the keynote address at the DNC in 2004 to becoming president in 2009. Will he now rise to an even more powerful position in the New World Order?

Little children, it is the last hour. Just as you heard that an antichrist is coming, so now many antichrists have appeared. This is how we know it is the last hour 1 John 2:18 .

From this passage we find there is not "one" Anti-Christ but many. From the coming of an Anti-Christ that is how we will know we are near the end.

Beware of false prophets who come to you in sheep's clothing but inwardly are savage wolves, Matthew 7:15.

Many have seen Obama as a messiah, a 'secular savior', his speeches have been seen as a religous revival, and have been filled with messianic terminology. He is seen much like a prophet, speaking the good truth. This provides him the potential to fulfill the scripture.

Who is the liar but the one who denies that Jesus is the Christ? This is the antichrist, the one who denies the Father and the Son. 1 John 2:22 .

For people that have argued Obama is a Christian, which he has indeed said. I urge you to look at what his version of Christianity is (ignore abortions for right now which we can talk about later). Here is an exerpt from Cathleen Falsani's interview with State Sen. Barack Obama; (3:30 p.m., Saturday March 27, Café Baci, 330 S. Michigan Avenue ) Read the full interview

"So, I'm rooted in the Christian tradition. I believe that there are many paths to the same place, and that is a belief that there is a higher power, a belief that we are connected as a people. That there are values that transcend race or culture, that move us forward, and there's an obligation for all of us individually as well as collectively to take responsibility to make those values lived."

That is a direct denial of Christ as the only way to salvation, Jesus says he is the only way, Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. John 14:6

For many deceivers have gone out into the world, those who do not acknowledge Jesus Christ as coming in the flesh. This is the deceiver and the antichrist 2 John 1:7 .

and every spirit that does not confess Jesus is not from God; this is the spirit of the antichrist, of which you have heard that it is coming, and now it is already in the world 1 John 4:3

And again I ask Run_to_da_hills_ are you the Anti Christ.

Churchill said "The Sermon on the Mount is the last word in Christian ethics. Still, it is not on these terms that Ministers assume their responsibilities of guiding states."

Do you have a problem with him as well ?

• Advertisement

Well I got the impression form this post and thread, looks like hes not the only one to "twist" scripture to support there own agenda
    I am NOT the president elect of the United States of America. :rolleyes:

No, your not and I never said you where. So how exactly is your post relevent

What I would like to know is are you the Antichrist ?
    You say Obama may be the Antichrist because he twists scripture and blaspheme against God. But so do you
    So for the third time ill ask you. Are you the Antichrist

• Registered Users Posts: 25,229 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

I am NOT the president elect of the United States of America. :rolleyes:

So you admit twisting scripture to your own agenda?

Probably why you see an apocalyptic conspiracy in everything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭Flamed Diving

WakeUpAmerica.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭WhaLofShi

And again I ask Run_to_da_hills_ are you the Anti Christ.

Isn't it a bit pointless continually asking this question?
    If he is the anti-christ, he'll hardly tell us. :)

dshow_dees.jpg

So are you the puppetmaster RTDH

Advertisement