Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TUE DEC 16 22:00 JUDE Glenwood Rovers Boardeaux

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

WeAreShels wrote: »
    No Gav or Mark??

Lucky you eh?

:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

Mark said yesterday he was playing? Mark was missing against these the last time as well. Less confident now I have to say.

LeixlipRed wrote: »
    Less confident now I have to say.
    Yeah, especially with comments like this?

The players available are decent too you know.

I never said they weren't. Have to say you're exceptionally touchy about anything written about the team these days. Relax a bit will ya

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Tbh that statement could have an effect on the team and didnt necessarily need to be said

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

LOTP wrote: »
    Tbh that statement could have an effect on the team and didnt necessarily need to be said

calm down pete, doesnt affect me one bit, we all need to play our own game and concentrate on the match!!! mark and gav are good players, any side would miss them, im sure thats what martin means. and with martin out, thats 3 of last weeks midfield 5 missing and larry too. we have 3 players well able to fill that gap that didnt start last week, infact i can think of 5.

but yes, we still have a team capable of winning this game. remember tho, a draw would not be a bad result as the other 2 are playing each other also so they both cant win. has karl left the squad or not?

but yes, we still have a team capable of winning this game. remember tho, a draw would not be a bad result as the other 2 are playing each other also so they both cant win.

I want Oak Tree to win that game

I know it sounds weird, but it would leave us in a better position, imo.

Team
    p
    w
    d
    l
    pts
    Ravenhill
    Oak Tree
    Boardeaux
    Glenwood

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Apologies, didnt mean to come off upset about it. Just think that it didnt really need to be said. And these things can have an effect.

I know we can win this game, and i know we will all focus on the game; i just agree with Des that there shouldnt be a loss of confidence because we have the players.

GO BOARDEAUX!!!!

Daryl - Yes
    Clayton -YES

Martin - No
    Ed - YES
    Dan - Yes
    Michael - Yes
    Keith - Yes
    Cathal - Yes

Mick Mc - Yes

Lepo - Yes
    Larry - No
    Derek - No
    Peter - YES
    Gav - No
    Mark - No
    Gar -YES
    Dave - YES

Art - Yes
    Eddie - YES
    Ciaran - Yes
    Karl -

we played super stuff to go 2-0 up and we had 3 chances to kill the game including off the line and off the post. they got one back rite after we scored tho and between then and half time, we dominated again but didnt take our chances.

to be fair we poor first 15 mins of second half and they pressed to equalise. we then woke up again to push and had a few late chances and were denied a blatant penalty at the death, but wasnt surprised, ref hadnt much balls in him to give it. massive lack of consistency seen as he gave about 10 frees to them during the game for hands on the back when this was a blatant shove.

all in all though, if you dont take your chances, you dont deserve to win. played well and overall, considering ravenhill lost, not a bad night.could have been better but **** it, 1 defeat in 8 aint bad..

• Advertisement

Fantastic stuff first 15 mins. Went pear shaped after that but not too disappointing with the result elsewhere. Very important we tear into it after christmas if we wanna win this thing!

Fantastic stuff first 15 mins.

Some sublime play first fifteen minutes, we tore into them and deserved the lead. I felt we tired though, and let them back in. fitness again is my thinking on it.

Missed chances too though. If we can play like that consistantly, the chances will keep falling to us, and we'll start putting them away.

We could have done with either Larry or Gav tonight I felt.

Poxy reffing not to give the penalty, he bottled it big time, but we have to take that kind of thing on the chin.

Good result in the other game too.

Best position this team has ever been in, lets really push on after xmas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭pvt.joker

well done lads. this result shows that for the 1st time ye are genuine title contenders!

What's the story with Larry Des? Last game he played was Oak Tree Press. That was 8 weeks ago!

What's the story with Larry Des? Last game he played was Oak Tree Press. That was 8 weeks ago!

i know, weird.

he rang in sick this week. in fairness, there is a flu going round, Gav was the same, so I told him to stay home.

Shay, good to see you keeping tabs mate, hopefully you'll be back with us in the future.

We could use him. He can delay the opposition in the car park by giving them all tickets...

larry has only missed 3 games though! he was away last week and sick tonight

what about Karl, is he gone from the squad? are we ok for numbers or do we need to replace him with another forward?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭pvt.joker

Des wrote: »
    Shay, good to see you keeping tabs mate, hopefully you'll be back with us in the future.

back in dublin from the 5th january. Looking forward to getting down to watching some games and hopefully a serious title push:)

what about Karl, is he gone from the squad? are we ok for numbers or do we need to replace him with another forward?
    I'll get on to him over the break.

I may have lost his number. :o

• Advertisement

I don't think we're stuck for players in that postion tbh so I wouldn't worry about it.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Our second goal was great pressure from a ball they should've cleared and great football and finish...but that was never going to last and the gap between the midfield and defence opened up and it's how they got their first goal.

The wind died down early in the second half and it was a different game, but they never really threatened Clayton other than the goal. As the game went on we dominated which shows some fitness and as I coincidentally in line with the penalty box, it was a stonewall penalty - forearm shove in the back. He couldn't have missed it, so he just decided not to give it..

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,653 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Des wrote: »
    Some sublime play first fifteen minutes, we tore into them and deserved the lead. I felt we tired though, and let them back in. fitness again is my thinking on it.

Poxy reffing not to give the penalty, he bottled it big time, but we have to take that kind of thing on the chin.

I would agree once we went 2 up we took the foot off and allowed the far to much space and time on the ball. For me Gary played very well he was hitting his tackles hard and made some important challenges as we pushed forward for the winner.

How he didnt award a penalty I'll never know especially for some of the crazy decisions he gave against us.
    dfx- wrote: »
    Our second goal was great pressure from a ball they should've cleared and great football and finish...but that was never going to last and the gap between the midfield and defence opened up and it's how they got their first goal.

The wind died down early in the second half and it was a different game, but they never really threatened Clayton other than the goal. As the game went on we dominated which shows some fitness and as I coincidentally in line with the penalty box, it was a stonewall penalty - forearm shove in the back. He couldn't have missed it, so he just decided not to give it..

There second goal was ridiculous. A few times they came in from the left wing unchallenged and one of these times they got the 2nd goal.

A great 15 mins in the first half and a lesson learned to keep the pressure on.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

Good stuff lads, fair play...though it sounds like the standard of reffing hasn't changed much so that's a pity but it's a very good position to be in at this time and I'm yet to see any suggestion that any lost points were down to giving 100% and playing to full ability but falling short. So that means there's more in the tank and hopefully that can be unleashed in the new year to drive it home.

My own outlook is I do hope to make it back at some stage but not sure when that might be. Surgeon has now diagnosed me with a separate shin problem to the compartment syndrome that the surgery was to address so that's about as much a bummer as talking your way into Angelina Jolie's pants and then finding out she has a lad would be. He reckons the pressure reduction might help this other problem with time so I'm limited to non-impact work at the moment and will start gradually introducing impact shortly. There may come a point where I say f**k it if I think the shins are never gonna improve and if that happens I'll be back but having to play through that problem. Good news is he says the groin problem should hopefully be solvable through exercise.

Anyways, happy chrimbo lads. Gav and Cathal will be on the 12 Pubs (accept no imitations - this is the real deal going since 1998) with us this Saturday....5pm start in Brogans Dame Street.....might work for a bit of a squad session?

Good stuff lads, fair play...though it sounds like the standard of reffing hasn't changed much so that's a pity but it's a very good position to be in at this time and I'm yet to see any suggestion that any lost points were down to giving 100% and playing to full ability but falling short. So that means there's more in the tank and hopefully that can be unleashed in the new year to drive it home.

My own outlook is I do hope to make it back at some stage but not sure when that might be. Surgeon has now diagnosed me with a separate shin problem to the compartment syndrome that the surgery was to address so that's about as much a bummer as talking your way into Angelina Jolie's pants and then finding out she has a lad would be. He reckons the pressure reduction might help this other problem with time so I'm limited to non-impact work at the moment and will start gradually introducing impact shortly. There may come a point where I say f**k it if I think the shins are never gonna improve and if that happens I'll be back but having to play through that problem. Good news is he says the groin problem should hopefully be solvable through exercise.

Anyways, happy chrimbo lads. Gav and Cathal will be on the 12 Pubs (accept no imitations - this is the real deal going since 1998) with us this Saturday....5pm start in Brogans Dame Street.....might work for a bit of a squad session?

yes Jules, there is plenty more in the tank. up until last night, we didnt play to our full performance capability, but in the first half last night, we donimanted for 20 minutes and played as well as ive seen any boards team play. we should have been 4-1 up at least.

as re the 12 pubs, me, dan, art and mick are doing one, im sure we will bump into you at some stage, whats your route? we have 3 routes, not yet decided on which one, but theres the same 7 or 8 pubs on all of them, so wont differ much. let me know and ill try arrange to be in the same pub as you at some stage...first there and first out wins ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

Fair play on a great result lads, as a follower that table makes great reading going into the Christmas break. Looking forward to the New Year and watching how the title race unfolds.

Advertisement