Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas Day 2008 - Model Output Countdown

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

Cheers, M.T.
    Great wintry christmasy feel about it, you lucky lucky man.
    When was the last White Christmas there? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,345 ✭✭✭✭M.T. Cranium

They are not so rare that I recall it, but what complicates that is the fact that we often go into the "interior" of BC to visit relatives at Christmas, and it is almost always a white Christmas there. Here, it's about one year out of six or seven, perhaps. We tend to get at least one big dumping of snow some time before Christmas in the average winter, and maybe two more in the new year, but getting one just before Christmas is not the normal thing. It can be as mild as 14 C here at any time in the winter, and we get weeks of rain sometimes.

This year, it turned cold on the 11th and has stayed really cold with three snowfalls most of which had settled to 1-2 inches before this one.

And another one is expected tomorrow night.

Ho ho ho.

I am still working on yours (and not very successfully unless the models are very, very slow).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

Well I think it is fair to say from re reading this thread that both the GFS and ECM handled today's (Christmas 08) set up very very well. Both models insisted on a high pressure scenario with a tend towards an easterly undercut. While the continental influence won't reach us until later this evening or tonight, I think its a big hats of the GFS and ECM models for quite a remarkable forecast, even when today was just a FI dream....;):D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

/me does royal bow thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Indeed, we got a typical green Christmas... however 2004 was here... http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=204654 :D:D:D - Hard to believe that is 4 years ago now!

• Advertisement
Advertisement