Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lisbon 2: prepare to bend over and recieve ur destiny!

Options
1575859606163»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭the-island-man

Because they aren't the same thing? I don't get the comparison that you're trying to draw here.

I'm also surprised that people who will bray on and on about how corrupt/awful/smelly/fat/ugly/whatever the government is would then turn around and argue that the Irish government knowingly helped create a treaty that would, if passed, diminish their powers domestically. It really makes no sense. Then again, I've found very few No arguments that withstand the harsh light of reality.

Because the domestic goverment are voted in by us, the irish people. If we can't trust people we voted in to the dail to do the right things why would we trust an institution such as the E.U that is largely unanswerble to the people who they are supposedly representing! There are approximately 3000 working groups of civil servents who draw up laws/directives in the E.U, a commission who is not answerable to any of the people of europe, a council of ministers who are answerable to our goverments and last and least important the E.U parliment....wahey we get to elect these people who mearly discuss laws and try to "amend" them if they find flaws! The E.U equivalent of the seaned.....a talking shop! Believing that the E.U is democratic is like believing pigs can fly. Its simply not true!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭skelliser

why did this thread die and another start!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,025 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

ah god theres two of em:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭skelliser

muahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Advertisement