Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DSLR - Which one should I buy?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

a load of useless old sh*te smile.gif
    Tut tut, RichyX, NOW you're being harsh :eek:
    Just because it doesn't perform at high ISO's doesn't mean its a total looser, as you claim ! Is the difference at ISO1600 that bad that you would totally right-it-off !

Quote from DPREVIEW:
    By default the K200D's High ISO noise reduction is switched off. As a result the Pentax produces fairly detailed images with little noise reduction blurring at higher sensitivities (some of the perceived sharpness is due to the high default sharpening settings though). The downside of this that you also get a good portion of noise. There are the usual purple chroma noise blotches and the image is visibly grainier than the competition's.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,316 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

Best startin off camera is the lecia s2 (if money was no object watsoever) lol :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,570 ✭✭✭sNarah

Hi everyone, as promised I let yous know which camera Santy brought!

I am now the proud owner of a Sony A200K, so with 2 extra lenses, woohooh! Now I just have to figure out how it works :-) (Am afraid of pushing a button and then it will say "Self destruct in 5...4...3...2...1)

Will join the photo comps and see what the camera can do!!!

Merry Xmass to all and all the best for 09!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,392 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

well done you! thanks for updating. Tis a fine machine you've gotten your hands on - now all you've to do is spend the rest of your life learning the wonderful art!

Now - don't be a stranger around here. Its a strong online community - and you're very welcome to take part.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,974 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Not to make anyone laugh but I have a Pentax K100D Super (my first DSLR) and I really love it. Images are pin sharp, it's very easy to use and the battery life is superb. I'm thinking about the Pentax K20D next year as a follow-on.

It might have been mentioned that Pentax are excellent cameras but trying to get lenses in ireland is somwhat difficult so you'll have to buy online really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,392 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

Not to make anyone laugh but I have a Pentax K100D Super (my first DSLR) and I really love it.

An excellent piece of kit too - Nothing laughable about it at all. I loved my *ist DL (less spec than your 100D Super) and now my K20D. You appear to be a confirmed Pentaxian! Its kinda like a second nationality. There's quite a few of them around here too. Maybe there'll be a K30D by the time you plan an upgrade.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

Thanks for the update.

I think that the choice of Camera is about 10% of the equation in getting a decent photograph. The other 90% is what happen 4" behind the viewfinder.

The irony is that 90% of the talk seems to be about gear.

Look forward to seeing what you do with your new Sony.

Advertisement