Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Soundtrack To Your Angst

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

I hate Creep.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

CTYIgirl wrote: »
    The only Radiohead song I've ever listened to is Creep...memories.

It is an absolute classic. Tis a shame that's the song people think about when you say Radiohead though!

This song gives me a sad in all the right ways.

And yet, to end on a positive note. This glorious gem from the man himself.

STYA OUT!!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

This is lovely...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,745 ✭✭✭Macavity.

I got the free Spotify trial, have to say I'm impressed. It's very easy to find music you like that you never would have known about. Been listening to a lot of classical pieces recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Jhcx

Macavity. wrote: »
    I got the free Spotify trial, have to say I'm impressed. It's very easy to find music you like that you never would have known about. Been listening to a lot of classical pieces recently.

Spotify is great probably the only app I use on the phone these day. Haven't used the free trial cause ironically I like the adds breaks up the constant stream.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 6,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

Keeping Stevie Nicks here...

Also I have no idea where I first heard Dan + Shay, but I love this song so much.

Holy sh*t this song is beautiful. The dude who picks the music for Californication
    is unbelievable.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭pajor

Music brings memories and there's a lot of good memories to this. :)

I know I'm posting here a tonne and my apologies but god damn, I am just on a musical roll at the moment. Discovering so much new stuff.

On a serious classic rock binge, man, you can see why it was so revolutionary. This stuff defined and molded the genre for gods sake!!

1. This is seriously my favourite Zeppelin tune, it's an absolute banger. Was reading up on it and the amount of production that went into it is insane
    If it keeps on rainin, the levees gunna break :D

2. The first time I heard this tune I freaked the F*CK out, those clocks at the start just totally took be by surprise. It's such a slow build up, I was like wtf?! Then when the lyrics finally come in, oh my daaaays. Dark Side of the Moon easily one of my favourite albums of all time and I hated it the first time I heard it!

"Digging away, the moments that make up the dull day" I don't know why but that line just gets me every damn time!!

3. And I guess you can't talk about Zeppelin or classic rock as a whole for that matter without posting this beauty. A true classic.

Would highly recommend any rock fan out there to check out Led Zeppelin IV or II. They basically frickin invented rock music!!

• Advertisement

My favouritest band in the wholest widest world is releasing a new single next Friday. And a new album in mid-September.

I'm rather excited. :D:D:D:D

The song that made me fall in love with them, a recurring song in Max Payne 2:

The song that cemented that love:

A bitchin' guitar solo:

An utterly beautiful piece of music that, I'm not kidding, I cried at the first time I heard it (I mean, I was 16, so that's not saying much, but it's still great):

And finally, a crazy song, one of the many they recorded for the Alan Wake soundtrack:

They're also coming to London on tour. I won't be able to go, but it makes me really happy to know they're getting closer and closer and branching out to more countries. :)

And yes, I know none of you care, but f*ck y'all, they're awesome and I'll continue gushing and ramming them down people's throats until more people realise it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,745 ✭✭✭Macavity.

A true legend, this is one of my favourite songs.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 6,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

I'LL SHAKE IT OFF, I'LL SHAKE IT OFF

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

Love this, Banks is great people!

Video for this just chills me to the bone.

Really come to love her voice past week. really is so elegant. does lovely cover of love the way you lie.

Strangely the longest 4 minutes and 47 seconds of my life. Great song but... i just ran out of facebook timeline :/

Strangely the longest 4 minutes and 47 seconds of my life. Great song but... i just ran out of facebook timeline :/

really liking this song because maybe its my inner child coming out to play but i swear it sounds like the ice cream van outside. oh just me?

I'll grab my coat

• Registered Users Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭Junco Partner

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Jamie Starr

Bit late finding this song but Red fm was kind to me. and finally listening to it properly. so simply but describes me in my lost transit.

This is nice.

POTF also released a new album on Friday. It's good, if not brilliant. This instrumental track really stands out. To me, it sort of sounds like it should be the theme to some 80's action flick or something. Absolutely hiller guitar.

This is nice.

POTF also released a new album on Friday. It's good, if not brilliant. This instrumental track really stands out. To me, it sort of sounds like it should be the theme to some 80's action flick or something. Absolutely killer guitar and synth.

maybe its because im spaced, but i read a post on 9gag about crushes and this was on and i just turned to crumble but her voice *bits lips*

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom Girl

C'est bon, non? :cool:

This was in The Rise which I watched tonight.

• Advertisement

This is fun:

Advertisement