Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Silence on the Motors Forum: Top Gear

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Really enjoyed the show tonight. The commie cars was different, Boris was as awesome as always and the Focus road test just epic :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭2qk4u

Quality as usual...still smiling everytime I think of the fiesta in the sea and the shopping centre was cool...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,815 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Last night was brilliant!!

Im sure Hamster and James were waiting for ages to get Jezza down a peg, lol.

James' eye looked pretty nasty :(

That's all 3 of them now who won "Wierd Crush of the Year"

I wonder who will win best and worst hair, Hamster could go either way:pac:

The Commy cars, ROFL, the one that looked like "a motorbike drove into a cow" was ridiculous!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭JohnGalt

Didn't think it was a terrible episode, but I didn't like the guest or that Veritas car, the caterham was brilliant though, faster than the Veyron! That Veritas car is one of the worst I have seen on top gear, vomit central

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

I'd have preferred to see something like a Clio 172 and Polo GTI pitted against the Fiesta 1.6.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cabrwab

I Missed the first few minutes, unfortunately got held up dropping the brother to drumcondra. So missed the start. Enjoyed the show was laughing when jeremy ran james off the hill.

The fiesta test was excellent, can't believe he put the car into that much water, wonder did he do damage!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

Is it green?
    YES

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,258 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

I wouldn't like to be the one cleaning up the skid marks from that shopping centre

According to a poster on Finalgear, they never got the skid marks off. (He was shopping there a while back, and was wondering how the skid marks got there. Now he knows!)

The Wiki page on Royal Marines.
    royal_marines_ford_fiesta.gif

Now, I wonder if I can use that review to argue for the installation of cupholders in my HMMWV, to hold my hand grenades in?

NTM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Some harsh views here, the old Commie cars feature was great pure Jalopy (and Old Car)
    territory.

The finale was fun, does Jezza have the home number of the Minister for Defence?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,808 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

the communist cars feature was brilliant - one of the funniest things they've done in ages. Clarkson hitting the Lada with a lump hammer, driving along with the door open, May losing the button inside the dashboard - all very funny.

The 2 part races are getting a bit boring tbh - I prefer to see them mixing it up a bit...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peteee

jimboddb wrote: »
    Thought it was poor again tonight, thats 3 weeks in a row & TG live was rubbish as well.
    ninty9er wrote: »
    Wasn't too impressed by tonight's show.
    Berty wrote: »
    Awful Top Gear. I would have liked to see a race, something like the truck task. The bus task last week was not very good.

Hopefully next week will be better.

If one isn't impressed with a Ford Fiesta taking part in a beach landing with Marines then I really feel pity for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭towel401

B00MSTICK wrote: »
    Anyone else feel like buying a Catherham after watching it? Looks a bit more civilised than the Atom

but it makes you look like a nerd. nobody likes nerds or people who assemble their own cars. especially not chicks. even if you install the biggest pussy magnet you can buy on ebay it still won't cancel out the negative nerd vibes the car gives off

• Registered Users Posts: 3,984 ✭✭✭Johnny Storm

Did they really just drive that new Fiesta through that dept of water lol?

Looked fake to me. Surely you'd get hydrolock immediately?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

Looked fake to me. Surely you'd get hydrolock immediately?
    How did that look fake? The air intake is up high on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Plug wrote: »

Aye i was thinking they must have a high air intake alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,984 ✭✭✭Johnny Storm

(Just my ill-informed opinion BTW but it looked wrong to me.)
    Pretty much the whole bonnet was under water as he drove it off the landing craft.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I thought last weeks was crap, this weeks was good though. Communism cars were funny.
    The comme cars where hilarious. I was watching it in my friends house and his girlfriend is from Slovakia. She had loads of great stories about them cars.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭towel401

apparently alot of the Trabbies with 2-stroke engines were abandoned when the wall came down and everyone went to west germany to buy second hand cars

Advertisement