Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

I just cant put mine finger on LEVIN BZR...

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭martydunf

if your goin the non-tubo route how bout honda integra type r....in or around about 200bhp i believe or if its not your cup of tea then a celica vvtl-i (190bhp)

the teg would be more of a performance racer but
    the celica be more practical for everyday driving aswell as having enough power for "fun" driving!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,237 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

@ shadowheart,

Out of all the cars your interested in, i personally would go for the 180sx, as said already it would need to be mapped, but if your buyin here the majority of them should already be mapped,

Thats my 2 cents,

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Horgan wrote: »
    @ shadowheart,

Out of all the cars your interested in, i personally would go for the 180sx, as said already it would need to be mapped, but if your buyin here the majority of them should already be mapped,

Thats my 2 cents,

yeah, 180sx wins mine hearth so far. they are not that often around. I did looked at some integra type-r, But insurance will just rape me...

when they hear Honda they ussually /gasp :D.

I sow some nice looking nissan skyline r34 2.5 nonturbo. Looks really nice. Thought i am afraid it wount have a proper kick :(. But there are a few clean around allright. Thought those same r34 sit in same garage when i was buying mine last car 6 months ago :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭B00MSTICK

Theres a cheap FTO on adverts at the moment, no NCT but its the 200bhp Mivec V6 with manual trans. Might be worth a look?

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭martydunf

yeah, 180sx wins mine hearth so far. they are not that often around. I did looked at some integra type-r, But insurance will just rape me...

when they hear Honda they ussually /gasp :D.

I sow some nice looking nissan skyline r34 2.5 nonturbo. Looks really nice. Thought i am afraid it wount have a proper kick :(. But there are a few clean around allright. Thought those same r34 sit in same garage when i was buying mine last car 6 months ago :D

You wouldn't consider a celica (190bhp) no?
    even i (20yr old) can get a quote of €2000 on 1. they have similarish performance to that of a 'teg:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭cps_goodbuy

Edited away by myself

martydunf wrote: »
    You wouldn't consider a celica (190bhp) no?
    even i (20yr old) can get a quote of €2000 on 1. they have similarish performance to that of a 'teg:)

you talking about the new shape one? i hear they are really slow things, even if they have 190 ponys. And that to get that power you have to rev it really hight all the time.

i am 23, and i will have second NCB. So i hope i will get reasonable qoutes now

trd celica isn't half bad from what I have heard regarding speed, 210 brakeish, but just factor in weight if you're interested in 0-60 times and when talking about horses. sure a az-1 1015 can get 8 seconds on standard engine even though its a 0.6 turbo as it's 600kgish.

All these cars engines we've been talking about I feel have to be rev'd, even the turbo's, thats part of the fun, just have to set a limit as to how you're treating the engine, You can always get a 4lt of a thing or a diesel if you want lower down power, just remember tax, black smoke (for a diesel), and that something like the 840 beemer is slower than a beams mr2, teg, prelude, cosmo 20b, etc etc etc

Edit: bearing in mind Vvti is a different mechanism than vtec, beams pwer starts at just under 4k and hondas at around 6k so it's not all that bad

With 2ncb and 23 you shouldn't have any trouble insuring anything we've been talking about!

How about just getting a vauxhaul speedy turbo, elise, extige turbo/SC and be done with it? :D

or. a glanza modded, colt modded, etc

it's not all about power or speed lads, it's also comfort and style (how about a honda accord coupe or astra coupe "with no spoiler")

How about just getting a vauxhaul speedy turbo, elise, extige turbo/SC and be done with it? :D

or. a glanza modded, colt modded, etc

it's not all about power or speed lads, it's also comfort and style (how about a honda accord coupe or astra coupe "with no spoiler")

hehe, talking about opels :). I had an opel calibra 2.0 redtop. And loved the car, still moust favorite car i ever owned. Thoguht i could not keep it :( it was lithuanian regestration. I would love an 2.0turbo model :D. Thought you wount find alot of these on islands.

Glanze and colt are just too tiny for me, i have alergy for small cars :D. I am not small and skiny fella myself :D. so i will look abit strange in glanza :D

• Advertisement

gotta love turbo calibras, they've also supposed to have very good aerodynamics right?

turbo/non-turbo route, I feel I'd definitely stay away from any version of a car that has a lower spec'd non-turbo engine, silvias, 200sx, supra, skyline, gen3 supra :o, and etc Not saying they're bad at all though

Compression, rev range, and cams of stock basic non-turbo versions just arn't good enough to compete with the N/A champs (mivec/vtec/vvti's or aggro'd twin cams) 2 cents :P N/A ITB's all the way!! Wooo

Mitsubishi Galant VR4 TWIN TURBO, what you think guys? looks like pure sex on wheels :D twin turbo. Will it need remap for irish fuel lads?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

Mitsubishi Galant VR4 TWIN TURBO, what you think guys? looks like pure sex on wheels :D twin turbo. Will it need remap for irish fuel lads?

Drool

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

yes,

depending on where the car was driven all its life.

if shes jap, should get it done as boosters and such generally are false econemy.

nice care though, Extreme gains and super fast, way before the m5 ;)

S.I.R wrote: »
    yes,

depending on where the car was driven all its life.

if shes jap, should get it done as boosters and such generally are false econemy.

nice care though, Extreme gains and super fast, way before the m5 ;)

yeah and not common as moust performance cars, i think i havent seen even one in 3D :D.

thought where would i get parts for it? theres not much dealers of mitsu around :(.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭B00MSTICK

Advertisement