Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

First Time Insurance (18 year old)

Options
2»

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 294 ✭✭XJR

If you want to know how much your insurance will cost the best way to find out is to ring around and use the company websites.

AXA have various offers for young male drivers and specifically do a package aimed at young males.

As for Quinn going bust; that rumour has been doing the rounds for the last few weeks and given his losses on Anglo Irish who knows, but even if they do I don't see it as a particular problem for their policy holders. To be honest I'd be more worried about their claims service than anything else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭snowman707

SRFC90 wrote: »
    Think father researched Axa and was quoted with €1200 for 12 months?

seems a bit high to me, as the father of 3 teenagers i have been down this road, get a quote from a broker, try one of the ones here http://www.sertus.ie/brokers.asp

even though you may well finish up with Axa you may well get a better quote.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

www.bestquote.ie

Im 17, started riving in october, learner permit, insured as a second named driver on my mam's 2000 citroen xsara 1.4, twas €849, so not too bad, i think it was through axa broker

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭snowman707

timmywex wrote: »
    www.bestquote.ie

Im 17, started riving in october, learner permit, insured as a second named driver on my mam's 2000 citroen xsara 1.4, twas €849, so not too bad, i think it was through axa broker

Usually around this figure, I have my son covered in my policy on a 2.2 diesel for €880 .. male 17 on first leaner permit.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

I'm 27, on a provisional that costs me about €1200 fully comp on my own 2002 1.4 Honda Civic. Got the quote using insure.ie as the broker. Found ringing them to be the best option. Insurance is with a crowd called "Asgard", which seems to be good for young people. Excess is only €300 and something.

• Advertisement
Advertisement