Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Don't know whether it's been here before but what's people's views on toilet workers?

Options
  • 02-12-2008 5:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭

Just wondered what does everyone think? Personally I completely hate them. If I want to have a piss I should be just left to it right and not have a beggar there for when I finish...

I know they aren't aggressive any I've experienced but I really hate that in clubs, complete nuisance!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Jay D wrote: »
    Just wondered what does everyone think? Personally I completely hate them. If I want to have a piss I should be just left to it right and not have a beggar there for when I finish...

I know they aren't aggressive any I've experienced but I really hate that in clubs, complete nuisance!

Use the ladies jax or a random corner, the managment should provide a place for you to go to the loo if you are using their facilities.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,182 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

We are living in a recession. Learn to love and respect them Jay D. For tomorrow it could be you who who's spraying the drunk mans neck with sweet smelling aftershave.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

O lord, a crappy subject! :D

Naa, they don't bother me - and in this day and age and state of the country finances, any job is a good job!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

if you hate them so much why dont you just enter the toilet with your head down, do your duty, wash your hands and leave

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

its been done before

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭rotinaj

Personally I completely hate them. If I want to have a piss I should be just left to it right and not have a beggar there for when I finish

Maybe you could piss on the begger. That would make him leave you in peace or kill you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Isn't urine sterile?

http://www.purpleslinky.com/Trivia/Science/Eight-Brilliant-Uses-for-Urine.81234

You don't need to wash your hands at all! AND with pish smelling mitts you'll clear the bar.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭Smart Bug

If you hate them so much, go into the jacks, crack one off in front of them and demand they cleanse your flaccid member.

Worked for me. They don't have toilet attendants in jail, though you still have to watch your back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭oztots

Its not half bad in ireland,

Here they have them everywhere, i mean you cant go for a piss in mcdonalds here without giving themn 20 cent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭Smart Bug

Tigger wrote: »
    its been done before

So's YORE MA but it doesn't stop people from doing her again.

apologies, I haven't done it in ages, I swear.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭Sean Quagmire

reminds me i was at a comedy show last week and i was bursting to go so i ran to the jacks mid-performance, went and stood at the urinal with one of those workings behind me. Fecking stage fright i was standing there for about 5 mins and Nothing!

ban them i say :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭rvd156

Next they will try and shake your D**k for a €1...

Really annoy's me....:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Prof.Badass

I hate them too, why do clubs have them? is it to stop people from doing coke or something?

To me they're above chuggers and aggressive beggars.
    When i go into the jacks i wanna relax and take my time and wash my hands and maybe fix my hair or something without being scrutinised by some guy trying to cheat me outta money (most of the time you can even get to the sink properly coz they're in the way).

If a club advertised themselves as not having a toilet attendant i would go there for sure.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

vinylmesh wrote: »
    I hate them too, why do clubs have them? is it to stop people from doing coke or something?

Most defiantly yes, in some cases. As cameras are illegal to have in certain private areas, management have to work around that security issue.

Ever notice that some places also have blue fluorescent lights, this is to make life awkward too in the taking of drugs and shooting up in toilets. The lights in toilets make it harder for a druggie to see veins, etc.
    Busaras Bus station for example, had to get the lights in for this alone. The situation had gotten so bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭CoachBoone

Dont Bother me in the slightest. Anyone Ive ever come across has been in good form and Id always stop and have a talk with. Speaking of which, I learned all about Biafra from one too, see....educational and sweet smelling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭Darragh29

oztots wrote: »
    Its not half bad in ireland,

Here they have them everywhere, i mean you cant go for a piss in mcdonalds here without giving themn 20 cent.

You'd have 20 cents bounced off your head if you tried giving a toilet attendant in Ireland 20 Cent!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 950 ✭✭✭EamonnKeane

chin_grin wrote: »
    Isn't urine sterile?

http://www.purpleslinky.com/Trivia/Science/Eight-Brilliant-Uses-for-Urine.81234

You don't need to wash your hands at all! AND with pish smelling mitts you'll clear the bar.
    Will still burn your skin when bacteria convert it to ammonia. (that's what nappy rash is)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

Anyone noticed that it's only Nigerians working in these toilets? Blimey!
    Plus i wonder if they are legal in the state?

Anyone watch that RTE program about exploiting foreign workers last night?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

MIN2511 wrote: »
    Anyone noticed that it's only Nigerians working in these toilets? Blimey!

I've met a Ugandan working in one. (Or should that be an Ugandan?)
    Anyone watch that RTE program about exploiting foreign workers last night?

Yeah - it was brilliant. I picked up loads of tips.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭Dinter

I love them.

I feel like a mighty whitey when they coweringly offer me aftershave and depserately try to dry my hands with their eyes averted.

It really bucks up my self confidence before I go back to the bar.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

Hehehehhe...

Yeah Ugandan is right...

Ah you picked up tips? So did i!!!! :D

Only joking, your one was in bits at the end.. Felt so sorry for her

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

If they incorporated cleaning your dirty hole in to their job spec I'd have a more favourable outlook on them. As it is they just make me feel guilty for leaving without washing my hands.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Dinter wrote: »
    and depserately try to dry my hands with their eyes averted.

Probably only stifled laughter because they've just seen what you had a p*ss with... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭ball ox

vinylmesh wrote: »

The club I used to work in sacked the guy in the jacks because it turned out he was dealing coke. And when I say "sacked" I mean they asked him to stop coming to the club. Apparently a lot of these guys just arrive at clubs and set up shop in the jacks. Club owners don't give a toss because it means they don't have to pay their own staff to keep the jacks clean.
    My only problem with them is that they make a lot more money in a week than you would actually think and they don't pay tax as they aren't even employed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭Hellm0

I don't mind them so much when they actually put in the effort like having gum, aftershave, mint etc but when it's just some dude on his bluetooth headset yackin' away to whomever whilst mindlessly handing me a single sheet of kitchen roll well...I just don't like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

ball ox wrote: »
    The club I used to work in sacked the guy in the jacks because it turned out he was dealing coke. And when I say "sacked" I mean they asked him to stop coming to the club. Apparently a lot of these guys just arrive at clubs and set up shop in the jacks. Club owners don't give a toss because it means they don't have to pay their own staff to keep the jacks clean.
    My only problem with them is that they make a lot more money in a week than you would actually think and they don't pay tax as they aren't even employed.

I think you'll find a lot of places charge the attendants to allow them to work there.

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭rgt320q

I like them. A lot of them are pretty sound, often have the good bit of chit chat with them. I usually just give the chap whatever change I have in me pocket at the end of the night rather than tipping each time I go for a slash.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Chlamydia

I don't mind the whole tipping them side of things, I just feel uncomfortable when people wait on me, personally I feel unnerved.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,182 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Chlamydia wrote: »
    I don't mind the whole tipping them side of things, I just feel uncomfortable when people wait on me, personally I feel unnerved.
    Speaking of uncomfortable, what's with the username? You're not coolsmileygirls alt account perchance?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

I always think it's halarious when you're in a dirty kip like eamonn dorans and they have one of these guys in the toilets. I don't think I've ever given them money (Not while sober anyway)

Advertisement