Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Right who has some award winning hangover cure for me coz I'm gonna need it!

Options
  • 01-12-2008 3:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭

As above, seriously my good boards brethren your help is needed, new job and the boss boss is in tomorrow and I am hot whiskey hear me roar...
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Just drink about 2-3 litres of water. Right now!

Yes, you probably will destroy your matress, but at least you'll still be in a job come the end of the week!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

I suggest, pulling a sickie as you no doubt will be, go drinking and get fired...join me in unemployment...it's great fun:)
    on a seperate note where do you work so i can send in my c.v. if a job becomes available :D

• Registered Users Posts: 82,254 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

2 pints of water and some headpills. repeat in the morning. Some people swear by a can of bulmers for breakfast to help with the Jimmy Legs/Hangover Knees, but this is no help if you have to drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

Definitely water from what l can remember , half a pint now and keep some by your bed for sipping during
    the night.
    Eat something in the morning /even if you don't feel like
    it , and bring some bottled water with you.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

tablespoon of saltwater with a pint of water in the morning. It will allow the water pass directly to where it's needed/ rather than have to take the longway through your gut.

Something like a berocca tablet or dilutable ribena/mi wadi type stuff is good for hiding the taste

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

I second that Berrocca notion!!
    I always find that a big glass of milk or orange juice works for me. I cant stomach food after a good night out!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭dSTAR

OP ~ loving the fact that you are pre-empting a good piss up and a heavy duty hangover.

Sounds like you have your priorities straight.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,860 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

could ya not just get the boss drunk too? Take the attention off you!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Wreck

Overheal wrote: »
    2 pints of water and some headpills. repeat in the morning.

Don't do this unless you want to destroy your liver. Stick to the water until you wake than have some fizzy lucozade and some food - something like sheperd's pie is great if you can stomach it. Should be ok to take some panadol or something at this stage if your head is in a bad way. Keep sipping water throughout the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

I suggest, pulling a sickie as you no doubt will be, go drinking and get fired...join me in unemployment...it's great fun:)
    on a seperate note where do you work so i can send in my c.v. if a job becomes available :D
    Much kudos will be given if someone can find the thread where some dude was whining that his new boss was giving out because he couldn't get to work on his first day because he had been drinking the night before and didn't want to risk being done for drink driving.

• Advertisement

Breakfast roll, cuppa tea. Alternatively if no roll sausage sandwich with lashings of ketchup, and a cuppa tea. Last option would be jambon (which are good but are no substitutions for the above) or two, with a cuppa tea.

And lots of water, and headache pillz.

Finally, if you're in management, delegate everything.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

A bowl of dry rice and 2 pints of water. I'm telling you, once that rice expands, nothing is going to be moving down there for a while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭dontcallmecrazy

sip a cup of warm water, relaxes all your tense tummy muscles and is a brill detoxifier throw in a slice of lemon also if you wish or a small bit of sugar. swear by it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭gillyfromlyre

A hot port and salt and vinegar taytos, and loads of strong coffee to get the heart going

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,473 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

WTF??? Alot of the advise sounds like the OP is trying to catch the ghey! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭Dinter

A berroca and soluble solpodene in a glass of water followed by a shower. Can't beat it.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,254 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Wreck wrote: »
    Don't do this unless you want to destroy your liver. Stick to the water until you wake than have some fizzy lucozade and some food - something like sheperd's pie is great if you can stomach it. Should be ok to take some panadol or something at this stage if your head is in a bad way. Keep sipping water throughout the morning.
    It depends entirely on what substance you take. Paracetamol will do some liver damage. Aspirin will not, and in the most extreme cases, might cause mild stomach bleeding. Muscle relaxants are really just "No"

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭buckieburd

Irn-Bru, it always works for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭Aodan83

Ice cream. The cure to all ills. Except, like, a lethal allergy to ice cream.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭iPlop

Dinter wrote: »
    A berroca and soluble solpodene in a glass of water followed by a shower. Can't beat it.

+1 but ive never tried the berroca with it just 2 solphidine

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Ross_Mahon

Plenty of water, A good rest, Toast with a bit of butter, Scones for lunch, Then settle in the caffeine to keep you going till dinner, Then Chinese and TV to finish the day off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

Set your alarm about an hour early, keep a big glass of berocca or cordial beside your bed along with a couple of painkillers. Take em, drink em, reset the alarm and then go bakc to sleep.

During the day your main problems are the smell, dehydration and your blood sugar. So take a shower, drink a lot of water and eat a little something every hour or so during the day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

I wonder how the op got on...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

He's probably signing on.

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭Aurora Borealis

The OP is glad today is nearing an end. She slept late, so couldn't even have a much needed cup of coffee or twenty, ran to work and promptly slipped on ice and fell on her ass, walked into office to be greeted by the boss boss, and duely hawed whiskey stenched fumes on him for the day.

The OP did however survive and now is tucking into a rather large and cheese laden pizzza with enough jalapeno peppers to fuel Iceland for an entire winter. Go go power scovilles!!

The OP would like to thank everyone for their much considered advice. Water and paracetamol were had though evidently not in large enough quantites to counteract a large bottle of Jameson.

The OP would like to be able to say this will never happen again but does not like lying.

The OPs advice; do not try this at home.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

The OP does though, appear to have suffered an identity crisis during the course of his/her day.

Please update us on your condition after pizza.

Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

The OP is glad today is nearing an end. She slept late, so couldn't even have a much needed cup of coffee or twenty, ran to work and promptly slipped on ice and fell on her ass, walked into office to be greeted by the boss boss, and duely hawed whiskey stenched fumes on him for the day.

The OP did however survive and now is tucking into a rather large and cheese laden pizzza with enough jalapeno peppers to fuel Iceland for an entire winter. Go go power scovilles!!

The OP would like to thank everyone for their much considered advice. Water and paracetamol were had though evidently not in large enough quantites to counteract a large bottle of Jameson.

The OP would like to be able to say this will never happen again but does not like lying.

The OPs advice; do not try this at home.

so if i go out and do it everythings cool?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,024 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Ring up Al Qaeda - they cure hangovers on camera.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

You could get some of my blood tested for a cure, because i don't get hangovers.:) I have tried hard , but haven't had a hangover in 4 years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,024 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

galwayrush wrote: »
    You could get some of my blood tested for a cure, because i don't get hangovers.:) I have tried hard , but haven't had a hangover in 4 years.

Funny thing, but I haven't had a hangover since I gave up booze.......... think I'll have a drink to celebrate .

Advertisement