Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mega Monday At Play.com - Far Cry 2 for 25 Quid Delivered

Options

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

IrishIrish wrote: »
    Got it now, had to change it to Euro price first.

and pay the 8 euro "conversion rate".
    Far Cry 2 works out at about 21 euro when you convert directly from Sterling.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭Qwerty?

bk wrote: »
    If use use the following link, it looks like you can still get it for €25, it adds it to your shopping cart:

http://www.play.com/HOME/HOME/3-/245082/0/-/Promo.html?ob=price&sp=1&add=8229052&pid=245082

Cheers BK, looks like I just got the last one:D

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Zigmund

just registering now to buy a game.
    Do they accept laser?
    It's one of those blue AIB cards with Maestro on it too.

anyone want to help?

EDIT: i typed in 000 for my CV2 number since i don't have one. It should be ok, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭beolight

t-hairy wrote: »
    Despite Play's unique take on Currency values, there are some decent deals here, including Far Cry 2 and Saints Row 2 on both PS3 and 360 for 25.49.

http://www.play.com/Games/Games/3-/245082/2-/Promo.html?dpr=245082

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055431651

5% discount code

• Registered Users Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭alastair_doom

• Advertisement

Zigmund wrote: »
    just registering now to buy a game.
    Do they accept laser?
    It's one of those blue AIB cards with Maestro on it too.

anyone want to help?

EDIT: i typed in 000 for my CV2 number since i don't have one. It should be ok, right?

No, they don't accept Irish Laser/Maestro cards I'm afraid.

My copy of Far Cry 2 arrived today, playing as the IRA guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭beolight

Link to last week's offer (still available): http://www.play.com/HOME/HOME/3-/245082/2-/Promo.html

• Registered Users Posts: 8,865 ✭✭✭Soarer

jayteecork wrote: »
    My copy of Far Cry 2 arrived today, playing as the IRA guy.

Mine arrived today too...along with the 6 blurays I ordered! Arrived to work though, so have to wait until I get home to play.

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭agentgreen

Soarer wrote: »
    Mine arrived today too...along with the 6 blurays I ordered! Arrived to work though, so have to wait until I get home to play.
    When did you order?

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,930 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Hope mine is there when I go home - will pass a few hours :)

agentgreen wrote: »
    When did you order?

Monday 1st.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

mine came today
    thanks op

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭kendragon

Received Bully and Far Cry 2 for the xbox 360 today. Both for 40euro (assuming I dont get a bill from customs in the next couple of weeks) Thanks OP

Don't think you can get caught for customs once you have the goods.

I think they hold it and send you a bill. When you pay the bil, then you get the goods.
    Since you get the goods already, I'd say you're in the clear.

Soarer wrote: »
    Don't think you can get caught for customs once you have the goods.

I think they hold it and send you a bill. When you pay the bil, then you get the goods.
    Since you get the goods already, I'd say you're in the clear.

Yeah your probably right... I was thinking of couriers like Fedex and UPS that deliver your goods and then a month later hit you with a bill for duty and overpriced administration fees. I should be off the hook for these. :D

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,930 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

kendragon wrote: »
    Received Bully and Far Cry 2 for the xbox 360 today. Both for 40euro (assuming I dont get a bill from customs in the next couple of weeks) Thanks OP

Me too :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭Zonda999

I dont think any of ye will be stung for customs. I think another boardsie mentioned there last week, in another thread, that play.com now ship from Budapest (Rather than the Channel Islands), which is in the EU:)

Zonda999 wrote: »
    I dont think any of ye will be stung for customs. I think another boardsie mentioned there last week, in another thread, that play.com now ship from Budapest (Rather than the Channel Islands), which is in the EU:)

Only some things come from Budapest.

jayteecork wrote: »
    Only some things come from Budapest.

Any way of knowing what?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭vestanpance

Zonda999 wrote: »

I had Far Cry delivered today but that came from Jersey, last order came from Sweden, they seem to be shipping from a few places, either way there's no way that you can be done for vat/duty now seeing as I didn't sign for anything (delivered by normal Postie) so I could just deny receiving anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭Qwerty?

I had Far Cry delivered today

Can you check your Play status on Far Cry, mine still states status of 'Order Taken' since the 1st.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭vestanpance

Qwerty? wrote: »
    Can you check your Play status on Far Cry, mine still states status of 'Order Taken' since the 1st.

Posted 04/12/08, they're out of stock now so I'm guessing your order wasn't despatched last week as they ran out, have you been charged yet as they don't charge you until it's shipped.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭anonymousjunkie

sweet, just got devil may cry 4 for 18 euro. Pity about their exchange rates though, they're way off, 12.50 sterling and they charged about 18.40, should really be about 14 euro

Qwerty? wrote: »

Both my items say Posted Qwerty... you may want to get in touch with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Rael

My Far Cry 2 Steelbook arrived today. Ordered last Monday morning, so 8 days from Play to Dublin. Also R6: Vegas 2 arrived yesterday !

:)

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,540 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Ahhh, stupid play sent me bloody Mamma Mia The Movie, rather then Far Cry 2.

FFS, it was a present and I even told the person. Now I don't know to look for a refund or a replacement, they seem to be out of stock of it and I'm worried I won't get it before Christmas now, the b$"tards.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,484 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Great just ordered it on the 360, but Saints Row for the 360 is gone back up in price :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭mgsrocks

Is anyone still waiting for Far Cry, nearly 3 weeks now :(

Advertisement