Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

**Match Thread** Mon Dec 1st !!GAME OFF FROZEN PITCH!! Boardeaux v Coca Cola

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,653 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

we still have a decent looking team, Gav is sick tho so will not be 100% but fair play for comitting to come down.....

lets give this 100% lads as already stated, its our game in hand, albeit only for one day for now, but at least we will move to 3 points if we win and they play the full irish who can and could take points off them. massive game for us tonight if we want to win this league.
    Yep a good chance to make up some ground on the top team and will do the confidence no hamr if we go out and pull off a good result.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

Just seen thread now, if it had've been a Tues I'd have been only too happy to head over probably with Al in tow but as it is we train Monday nights.
    Anyhoo, best o' luck tonight against the fizz :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭emc2

Lads Really sorry but I am going to have to pull out of the match tonight. I had a bit of a stomach bug over the weekend but felt ok this morning.
    I had Lunch about an hour and a half ago and just saw it again a minute ago.

Hope the match goes well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Daryl - Yip
    Clayton - Yes

Ed - YES
    Dan - NO
    Michael - No Sick
    Keith - Yes
    Cathal - Yes
    Mick Mc - NO
    Geoff - Yes

Martin - YES
    Lepo - Yes
    Larry -
    Derek - No Mondays
    Peter - No
    Gav - Yes (50/50 to play)
    Mark -No
    Dave - No
    GAR - YES
    Iain - Yes

Art - Yes
    Eddie - YES
    Ciaran - NO
    Karl -
    Cillian- Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 23,564 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Des wrote:
    Say hello to the lads on the thread please.

That's an order from your manager :pac:

He's a real taskmaster isn't he?

Anyway lads I'll be coming up tonight as your short.
    I'll see you all at seven :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,653 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Frisbee wrote: »
    He's a real taskmaster isn't he?

Anyway lads I'll be coming up tonight as your short.
    I'll see you all at seven :D
    New guy brings the pepsi :D

New guy brings the pepsi :D

As long as 'pepsi' isn't code for something wierd... :p

Frisbee wrote: »
    As long as 'pepsi' isn't code for something wierd... :p

Check out the name of the opposition.

Bring a Pepsi bottle to throw at them.

Des wrote: »
    Check out the name of the opposition.

:o

Cant f**king believe the match is cancelled :mad:

• Advertisement

GAME OFF

Hi Lads,

The pitch in 3RR is frozen and unsafe to play on.

The game has to be postponed.

Apologies for the late notice, we have only just had word from 3RR.

Regards,
    ASL

Better safe than sorry in circumstances like this I think.

I had a feeling this morning that this would happen tbh.

Better safe than sorry in circumstances like this I think.

True, those hockey pitches are ice rinks in general, ah well off to the gym to pound the treadmill instead of the opposition I suppose

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

no need to apologise des, not your fault one bit, its the league that is f*cking us about.

in one sense, good as we were missing so many, but in another, im gutted. and livid and p*ssed off.

this is bad news, as it now means that we will be 9 points off top with 2 games in hand and these games will not be played until end of season when it could be too late.

its a f*cking farce, that we have only had 2 games in 7 weeks now. that 3 rock pitch is a liability and should never be used anyway. we have been f*cked around this year with wesley and now this. they should never have moved us a few weeks ago to suit others.

rant over, and judging by some of the texts ive just got, im not the only person annoyed with them.

will we try organise a 5/7 a side for wed/thur? or maybe a friendly 11 a side? we could play ,my grass team that we drew 4-4 with in preseason.... pitch availability of course the key issue.

no need to apologise des, not your fault one bit, its the league that is f*cking us about.

Er Ed, it's hardly the league's fault the pitch is frozen, is it? :confused:

This is a safety issue

Er Ed, it's hardly the league's fault the pitch is frozen, is it? :confused:

This is a safety issue

they use a pitch thats not playable in good weather, let alone on the frost its a terrible surface:o.

they cancelled us 2 times, one of their excuses being - to even up the fixtures. ravenhill and coffin dodgers will have played 2 games more than us, why cant their games tomorow be called off and we play instead??

jokers. im promoting all summer the league trying to get players to sign and we play 2 games in 7 weeks. makes me wonder if they are getting too big for themselves and dont give a **** about the social standard anymore.

again des, not ranting at you one bit or anything related to our team, just in general at their set up.

The picth will be frozen tomorrow too.

There's not a league in the country that won't have matches called off due to the weather.

any other pitches affected? i would think that all the others, with the exception of colombus are fine as they are proper pitches.

anyway, sorry for ranting, had a shi* day at work and was looking forward to tearing into this game tonight....just concerned now at the gap that will be at the top, big difference playing when your so many points behid,id rather have points on the board. maybe we should point that out to the league?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

Load of bollox tbh. Was well up for it tonight.

LeixlipRed wrote: »
    Load of bollox tbh.

Load of bollox that an unplayable pitch is called off? :confused:

Hardly anything that can be done about it in fairness.

Maybe the league should go out with hairdryers and warm it up a bit?

• Advertisement

In fairnes Des, a proper artificial grass pitch with good drainage will not be off in this weather. Three Rock is none of the above

But we knew this when we signed up for the league didn't we?

We knew they were using Three Rock for some of our games.

We knew that it's cold, potentially freezing, in December.

I certainly expected that pitch to be unplayable tonight when I saw the ice on the cars on Saturday morning.

This isn't such a bad thing imo. Relying on non-squad members is always bad for us.

I'm kind of glad it's off tbh.

Yeh but I'd rather play and get 3 points then be 9 points off the top with 2 games in hand. We still had a good enough squad tonight to win.

we didnt know or expect anything to be called off des, thats the thing. this is my 5th season with Boards and before this, not one game was called off. this year we have had 3 in 6 weeks alone and then another due to walkover.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Lads we need to look on the positive side of this, because like it or not, its happened.

first off, we can play the game with a better side later on in the season.

second, while having two games at hand isnt the best situation, playing them later on in the season back to back(im assuming) will mean we can establish and maintain a run at the end of the season, ala as Man Utd always do.

I know i wasnt playing tonight anyway, but we live to fight another day. We can always arrange a five aside for this week as well. (which i will prob make)

There are alot of injured and missing players (with reasons :P) who will be glad of the chance to play this game later

lads we could be facing a scenario where we play 5 games in about 11 days at the end of the season. we have signed up for a mon/tues league as this is was suits us best...is it right that we will have to play games on possibly Monday/ Wed/Friday/Tuesday/Friday as its looks like now? or else our season goes on 3 weeks. this is not what we signed up for. nor is 2 games in 7 weeks.

des, and of course the team, im going to put an email together later to highlight this to astro. dont worry, i will post here before sending. is this ok with you des? a simple yes or no will do, no need for a full rant if no :). as i said, i will posts before sending.

No.

No.

:confused::confused::confused::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Propaganga FC FTW :)

i have it half wrote already....will send it to you via pm later....ill leave it up to you.....keith seems to want it tho :o

There will be no email.

End of.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement