Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

U.F.O's above the Clare Hills!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,467 ✭✭✭highlydebased

RINO87 wrote: »
    thats really interesting. Deadly!!!

I'm semi tempted to buy a long-wave radio to listen to the number stations- did some reading up on em, I'm fascinated!

Melion, there are red lights up on the masts on the hill. Obviously they wouldnt have been moving though! lol!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭Rubberbandits

zuroph wrote: »
    *pokes rubberbandit*
    I hear rumours of an even more amazing spectacle taking place in a certain club this xmas??????
    Yes, we will give ye the Christmas of a lifetime. We promise, that's all I am saying on the matter at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭Rubberbandits

I'm semi tempted to buy a long-wave radio to listen to the number stations- did some reading up on em, I'm fascinated!

Look up "the conet project" on google. Its got years of recordings of numbers stations. Some of them sound terrifying. The recordings are available for free download as far as I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭BobTheBeat

Melion, there are red lights up on the masts on the hill. Obviously they wouldnt have been moving though! lol!

Its a shortwave receiver you will need for number station reception.
    Check out http://www.simonmason.karoo.net/page30.html for a fairly extensive resource on these.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 whitma1

Tonight I saw an incredibly bright light hovering over my home in Meelick. I was a good walk away so couldn't really see it properly. It was a large bright light hovering very low in the sky and stagnant. There was a a flashing light though as though it were a plane, but this plane was not moving for ages in the sky! It definitely wasn't a star!
    I was really bugged though. What was it? I started to walk back towards my house and lo and behold it started to move - as though it knew I was watching it closely. It was coming towards me and it was a plane obviously but so strange. As I live close to Shannon, naturally you would think it would be going there, but no. It wasn't heading there. It appeared to be heading to Kerry somewhere. it was a small passenger plane. not a large 737 but smaller than it. I couldn't identify it as any particular airline though. It was so strange. I never saw anything like this to be honest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Great story.

It had it all. You clearly drinking, aliens heading to Kerry, the lot.

And all in your first post. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 whitma1

Indeed Berty. But it really struck me as absolutely bizarre. It just hovered there motionless for quite a long time. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

helicopter?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,873 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Cop on, zuroph, that's a ridiculous suggestion. The man clearly believes it was aliens! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

sorry :(

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 568 ✭✭✭TheLoc

I seen white lights. little lights that spin around in circles. I only seen them on one occasion and I ran in to get my GF, she looked at them and freaked out. I def didn't imagine them. about 3 of them just spinning around really fast. def not a plane unless it was some kamokaze nutter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

Is it worth doing a stakeout near the clare hills somenight? Just seen the latest X Files film and I need something more entertaining than that! (hard to take Billy Connolly seriously as a paedophile priest :D)

Its a balls not being able to drive all the way upto the golf balls anymore :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭Bubba HoTep

Over the past few weeks I have been noticing strange lights over the Clare Hills near the golf ball. Other people have witnessed them to. They look like really bright stars but very low in the sky. Sometimes there are small red or orange ones or very bright white ones. They often get incredibly bright and disappear, then reappear in a different part of the sky. Has anyone else seen this? Or can anyone offer a rational explanation? This isn't a joke by the way.

no picture! then it didnt happen! :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,873 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

no picture! then it didnt happen! :rolleyes:

I've seen the lights he's talking about, they're red and white, and spread across a space (explaining why they seem to move from place to place) so it did happen. The UFO story is just a bit of fun!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭Ardscoil Ris

Those golf balls are radomes...just fyi.

Also,

i%20want%20to%20believe.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5 BuliBuli9

Hi there,
    Just read your thread about UFO's in the clare area. A friend of mine from kilnamona, ennis recently took this video http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=agFCFTbwXw0. We don't know what it is, is this what you saw?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

What the hell...my scepticism isn't helped by the woman sounding like Mrs. Doyle by the way:pac:

Pretty Weird

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Sounds like they were drunk too haha

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

What were they doing up the clare hills with a camera?

Dogging?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭Antenna

Strange that.

Last night I was driving back home from Cork/ my companion and I decided to flick through long-wave on the radio seeing as we were bored. Around 190lw we found some french woman talking, but was interspersed with a peculariar beeping noise. We did not think much of it, until a few minutes later we go some sort of strange mass of noise, to describe it one way, like radiation of some sort.

The beeping sound you describe is some sort of signaling data system of the ESB's carried on the high voltage ESB powerlines (110,000 volts and higher) network. It can interfere with certain LW stations for some distance around them.
    I have noticed the French ones (162,183,216,234) hit with this interference

The "strange mass of noise", sounds like the expected noise you get on LW/MW driving directly under a powerline.

• Advertisement

Antenna wrote: »
    The beeping sound you describe is some sort of signaling data system of the ESB's carried on the high voltage ESB powerlines (110,000 volts and higher) network. It can interfere with certain LW stations for some distance around them.
    I have noticed the French ones (162,183,216,234) hit with this interference

The "strange mass of noise", sounds like the expected noise you get on LW/MW driving directly under a powerline.

He was taking the piss. He's referencing Lost.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 sashasky

Well it seems that some guy in Kilkee saw 7 UFOs last night and he took some photos,

he was with his friend and some other people also saw them ,heard it on 2fm this morning

there is also a write up about it in one of todays newspapers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Munster_Gal

whitma1 wrote: »
    Tonight I saw an incredibly bright light hovering over my home in Meelick. I was a good walk away so couldn't really see it properly. It was a large bright light hovering very low in the sky and stagnant. There was a a flashing light though as though it were a plane, but this plane was not moving for ages in the sky! It definitely wasn't a star!
    I was really bugged though. What was it? I started to walk back towards my house and lo and behold it started to move - as though it knew I was watching it closely. It was coming towards me and it was a plane obviously but so strange. As I live close to Shannon, naturally you would think it would be going there, but no. It wasn't heading there. It appeared to be heading to Kerry somewhere. it was a small passenger plane. not a large 737 but smaller than it. I couldn't identify it as any particular airline though. It was so strange. I never saw anything like this to be honest.

There's a guy who lives just beyond Whites cross who has a helicopter

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭BobTheBeat

There's a guy who lives just beyond Whites cross who has a helicopter

I live just down the road from him,and i believe he has gotten rid of it. I havent seen it in a long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,467 ✭✭✭highlydebased

bobmeaney wrote: »
    I live just down the road from him,and i believe he has gotten rid of it. I havent seen it in a long time.

He no longer operates it because somebody built a house right next to his and were not to happy with a helicopter operating in and out...

The same guy owns a certain Limerick beverage company...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭paulocon

This is great news!

With influx of all these aliens onto Earth, they are going to need somewhere to live...

And what has Ireland an excess of...?

Cowen must be rubbing his hands together at the thoughts of the money that'll be generated from stamp duty. Looks like he'll be in a position to reverse that decision on the public sector pensions he took earlier in the week..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭mysterious

Those golf balls are radomes...just fyi.

Also,

i%20want%20to%20believe.jpg

Omg I seen that too, above my house. They beem over houses and probe us.

They took my cookies :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

sashasky wrote: »
    Well it seems that some guy in Kilkee saw 7 UFOs last night and he took some photos,

he was with his friend and some other people also saw them ,heard it on 2fm this morning

there is also a write up about it in one of todays newspapers.

Any of the photos make it into the paper ? If so, which paper, and can anyone post the photos here ?

mysterious wrote: »
    Omg I seen that too, above my house. They beem over houses and probe us.

They took my cookies :(

127027823_0d353a71ff_o.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8 God1991

ah ffs more forigners movin into limerick wit dell gone now were all ****ed 4 jobs

Advertisement