Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Book; Who are ya?

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

Mine is Japanese Maple.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

sasar wrote: »
    Silence

This and Holy Smoke are two of my favourites. Silence reminds me a lot of contemporary classical album covers, I think it would make a great cover for a John Cage album.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭alb

Mine is the Barn Owl

• Registered Users Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

sasar wrote: »
    Silence:

Inspiring as ever sasar, not the subject matter I would have expected from you but certainly up to your usual extremely high standard! Really like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shiny

This would be mine.

2876525938_ab9c6a82db_m.jpg
    Mediterranean Lightning Storm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭kgiller

Shiny wrote: »
    This would be mine.

Love this shot shiny, but again i think it looks better on the screen that in the printed book. The book makes it a bit dark. It is a brilliant image, book doesnt do it justice !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shiny

kgiller wrote: »
    Love this shot shiny, but again i think it looks better on the screen that in the printed book. The book makes it a bit dark. It is a brilliant image, book doesnt do it justice !

Dammit!
    I didn't know that.

Haven't received my copy yet. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭kgiller

Shiny wrote: »
    Dammit!
    I didn't know that.

Haven't received my copy yet. :o

Haha, sorry. It still looks really good in the book, but having seen it on the screen before, this is what i thought (imo). Its just SO good, that unleass its in high definition (so to speak) it wont live up to my high regards.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭MartMax

This is mine... it printed alright - i'm relieved... :p

2454649765_4b98b3a6a4_t.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

This is mine: I cropped it for the book, I hope it turned out OK !:confused:

C96145584B784859A4D5E6CF5519CAB2.jpg

PS. I was pleasently surprised to see Ballycarney Bridge in the book, as I know this bridge/area quite well from my youth !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭City-Exile

Mine is "Disbelief!"

2549343110_8cee7087f9_m.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

City-Exile wrote: »
    Mine is "Disbelief!"

Now I am not into Sports or Sports Photography, but I just love that image. It goes beyond just being Sport to really tell a story. The expression captured on the guy to the left is just priceless when contrasted with the group to the right.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

CabanSail wrote: »
    Now I am not into Sports or Sports Photography, but I just love that image. It goes beyond just being Sport to really tell a story. The expression captured on the guy to the left is just priceless when contrasted with the group to the right.

My girlfriend and I are both of the same opinion as you CabanSail. I immediately click off when sports shots appear but this one is great.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

Mines:
    2411397730_1f7c9e19bc_m.jpg

Thanks for the compliments, guys.
    Since sport is my "bag", I wanted to submit a sports image, but I was conscious of the fact that landscapes featured heavily and that the audience of the book may not necessarily be interested in a goal celebration from a League of Ireland game.

I just thought there was enough emotion/expression in this one for it to appeal to a wider audience.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

love yours eirebear, would be one of my faves!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

Thanks Kate!

I'm pretty proud of it myself in all honesty, but then when you have something like that in front of you its hard not to get a decent shot! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Below the Falls is mine. It still reminds me of toilet cleaner adverts on telly. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭ThOnda

Mine came out too dark. I think that the loss of the data is the worst from all photographs. And here is the link to the original (well, previous processing version).
    2701600535_15208a3806_m.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Dodgykeeper

City-Exile wrote: »
    Thanks for the compliments, guys.
    Since sport is my "bag", I wanted to submit a sports image, but I was conscious of the fact that landscapes featured heavily and that the audience of the book may not necessarily be interested in a goal celebration from a League of Ireland game.

I just thought there was enough emotion/expression in this one for it to appeal to a wider audience.

TBH City I think your pic is the worst in the whole book, so bad in fact its hard for me to even look at it, I just want to forget that terrible terrible day!

;)

Mine is this one:

2851744704_c0c801edf8.jpg

• Advertisement

Love your shot, Dodgykeeper!
    The blurred hand stirs the image of a busy kitchen.
    It has a real continental feel to it.
    If I had one criticism, it would be the reflection of the plastic food container in the pasta press. Still a great image though.

the reflection of the plastic food container
    fcek, I only see that now !!!!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

fcek, I only see that now !!!!!

Me too!! Sheesh .....

It now reminds me of those images on eBay ads where there is a reflection of the advertiser taking the photo, often naked. :eek: Some were accidental but then it became a bit of a fetish. If Jamie Oliver was in the kitcken then it could be a Naked Chef! (groan)

often naked. eek.gif
    bit of a fetish
    a Naked Chef! (groan)

....whoa ! steady on there !
    mmmmmm....me thinks you are looking at a different photograph !!! :)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,517 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Here's mine:
    5942422_ab79b0f87e.jpg

Advertisement