Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The mystery of Seat Number 666 at the EU Parliment in Strasbourg.

Options
  • 28-11-2008 2:09am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭

(Carried this over from another thread and gave it its own title. :p)

From hundreds of websites and blogs it appears that seat number 666 in the European Parliament is left vacant.

Just Google the subject and find for your self, its just so weird.
    http://www.google.ie/search?hl=en&q=seat+666+eu+parliment&btnG=Google+Search&meta=

It is said that towards the end times a very evil man who is synonymous with this notorious number will control all the worlds economics through a cashless system of codes in the human body.

IS THIS SEAT REALLY VACANT?.

hemicycle.jpg

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

We are waiting for Oscar or Diogenes to provide a link to this Italian fella who suposedly occupies this seat. I didnt see it on his website, but surely the lads wouldnt make such bold claims without proof

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

I was at the European Parliament buildings in 2004 and 2005 for the Euroscola competition. One of my mates made it a point to sit in seat 666 in 2004. :p

Yes, but did an MEP come bounding over roarin

'Oi You, Get outa MY chair'???

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,791 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

We are waiting for Oscar or Diogenes to provide a link to this Italian fella who suposedly occupies this seat. I didnt see it on his website, but surely the lads wouldnt make such bold claims without proof
    I'll provide evidence, if Rtdh agrees in advance to admit that he was completely and utterly wrong.

It would be a bonus if he'd take it on board as a lesson not to blindly trust random links he finds on Google, but I'm not going to hold out for a miracle.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

It is said that towards the end times a very evil man who is synonymous with this notorious number will control all the worlds economics through a cashless system of codes in the human body.

Does the bible say that he's got a special seat reserved in the EU parliment?

Now maybe I'm just putting in the wrong keywords, but am I the only one who finds it odd that there doesn't seem to be any seating plans for any government? Or does that actually make sense to not make them public?

Oh, and just to show how brilliant Boards is, we're ranked No. 3 on RTDH's google search link. Go us! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

Are we talking about the conspiracy that is Christanity here? or am I missing something?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Isn't that Dana's old seat?

Right, it's a slow day in work so I did a bit of math. I calculated roughly where I think seat 666 could be. The layout being symetrical, I assume that the seat could be on either side.
    hemicycle.jpg

Granted, since the picture quality isn't the best, you can't really tell anything. So basically, this isn't evidence of anything other than the fact that I've too much time on my hands.

Also, the picture above is an old one as there's an extra row of seats at the back now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

studiorat wrote: »
    Are we talking about the conspiracy that is Christanity here? or am I missing something?
    It is still a conspiracy, and even if it was posted in the Christianity forum it would end up being redirected here.
    humanji wrote: »
    Does the bible say that he's got a special seat reserved in the EU parliment?
    No, but it tells us to be vigilant about the number and its association with commercial activity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭WhaLofShi

oscarBravo wrote: »
    I'll provide evidence, if Rtdh agrees in advance to admit that he was completely and utterly wrong.

It would be a bonus if he'd take it on board as a lesson not to blindly trust random links he finds on Google, but I'm not going to hold out for a miracle.

Wouldn't it be good to provide it anyway, so we all can see it. I've googled and can't find a seating plan at all (and I thought I was a pretty good "googler").

BTW, is there a possibility that all this stemmed from Paisley's enquiry in 1999 and that the situation no longer exists? i.e. the seat has been filled.

A lot of googles results mention Paisley's site (I haven't looked at them so don't know if they link back).

• Advertisement

WhaLofShi wrote: »
    Wouldn't it be good to provide it anyway, so we all can see it. I've googled and can't find a seating plan at all (and I thought I was a pretty good "googler").

BTW, is there a possibility that all this stemmed from Paisley's enquiry in 1999 and that the situation no longer exists? i.e. the seat has been filled.

A lot of googles results mention Paisley's site (I haven't looked at them so don't know if they link back).
    Paisleys site is almost 10 years dated, I'm sure some of the political candidates mentioned on the adjacent seating are already dead. We need an official update.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Thread title needs to be updated with the word "Solved" at the end of it ;)

Dammit Oscar, thanks for showing me and my math skills up! I spent about an hour trying to figure that one out. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭WhaLofShi

Good thread. Question asked. Answer given.

Nice one Oscar.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

Fair play.

Now all we need is RTDH so say a little something....

WhaLofShi wrote: »
    Good thread. Question asked. Answer given.

Nice one Oscar.
    Answer appreciated.

However up dates will be required.

The world will be watching this seat. :eek:

Answer appreciated.

Oh I'd love the irony if Satan took seat 666 in the US congress. :D

Answer appreciated.

What was that? An acknowledgement of the fact that something you kicked up rather a large fuss over was completely unfounded?

...didn't think so.

@humanji: sorry, dude :o

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

r3nu4l wrote: »
    Thread title needs to be updated with the word "Solved" at the end of it ;)

Busted would be better. :D
    Answer appreciated.

Very gracious of you to admit you were wrong. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Seat 1 or seat 666 have to be the most awesome ones to be assigned.

seamus wrote: »

I'd specifically ask for that seat even if it meant switching parties. :D

javaboy wrote: »
    Busted would be better. :D

Very gracious of you to admit you were wrong. :)
    Where did I say that I was right. Where did I ever claim in this post that the seat was always vacant?

Read the OP again.
    RTTH wrote:
    From hundreds of websites and blogs it appears that seat number 666 in the European Parliament is left vacant.

Just Google the subject and find for your self, its just so weird.
    IS THIS SEAT REALLY VACANT?.

Where did I say that I was right. Where did I ever claim in this post that the seat was always vacant?

Read the OP again.

Sorry I was thinking of the other thread that this thread was spawned from.

javaboy wrote: »
    Sorry I was thinking of the other thread that this thread was spawned from.

I rephrased that one too. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

seamus wrote: »

Nah, 69 is funnier.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,226 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

Well if I was the the Antichrist I'd probably ask for a better seat than that 666 one. It's all the way down the back.
    I'd go for a throne made of skulls or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

If I was the anti-christ I'd probably be over on the christianity forum.

RTDH, We had this discussion via PM, what did I say you had to do once Oscar provided proof?

• Advertisement

RTDH, We had this discussion via PM, what did I say you had to do once Oscar provided proof?
    I guess you can close the thread, we may need a sours to that link of OB so we can keep an eye on that seat. :D

Yet looking at the plan, it doesn't look like the best seat in the ariana.

Advertisement