Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Skeptical Resources for Conspircy Theories.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭trentf

read em all all hogwash of the highest order...see heres the point when you have as i have posted the video for the owner of WORLD TRADE CENTER number 7 saying 'so we had to pull the building, and they made that decision to pull' with his own mouth on video i don't think theres any skeptical magazine,article or person on earth thats going to debunk that now is there?

once again for you skeptics out there who seem to have a problem understanding common english words heres the video again

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jPzAakHPpk

• Registered Users Posts: 25,229 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

trentf wrote: »
    read em all all hogwash of the highest order...see heres the point when you have as i have posted the video for the owner of WORLD TRADE CENTER number 7 saying 'so we had to pull the building, and they made that decision to pull' with his own mouth on video i don't think theres any skeptical magazine,article or person on earth thats going to debunk that now is there?

once again for you skeptics out there who seem to have a problem understanding common english words heres the video again

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jPzAakHPpk
    Actually several of the sites I posted do that very thing.
    http://911myths.com/html/wtc7___silverstein.html
    http://skeptoid.com/episodes/4085
    So maybe you should actually read something before you dismiss it as hogwash.
    Further more if that so called quote is the best evidence you have, please at least answer these questions.
    Problem #1, Larry Silverstein is not a demolition contractor, neither was the fire department chief, so why should we assume they’d be using slang demolition terms?

Problem #2, Silverstein says "they made that decision to pull", for instance -- the Fire Department. If "pull" means "demolish", then he's saying the Fire Department may not have decided to bring the building down if they couldn't contain the fire, but because it was beyond them, they decided to blow it up. Does this make sense?

Problem #3, Silverstein is suggesting that the decision to demolish the building was optional. It might not have happened. Does this fit with the idea of a convenient insurance scam?

Problem #4, why would the Fire Department willingly agree to engage in a multi-million dollar insurance fraud?

Problem #5, and since when do Fire Departments blow up buildings anyway?

Problem #6, and if it's so obvious that WTC7 was demolished, then why are the insurance companies not suing Silverstein for fraud?

Problem #7, and why would Silverstein admit this on television?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

trentf wrote: »
    see heres the point when you have as i have posted the video for the owner of WORLD TRADE CENTER number 7 saying 'so we had to pull the building, and they made that decision to pull' with his own mouth on video i don't think theres any skeptical magazine,article or person on earth thats going to debunk that now is there?

Debunk what? The claim that he said those words? Well, yes...I can debunk it...thats an inaccurate quote.

If, on the other hand, you're referring to the meaning of what he said, then the onus is first on you to show that "pull" is used (commonly, or even rarely) to refer to explosive demolition. You'll have a problem there, because it isn't.

I have no problem understanding common english words, thanks. I even do pretty well understanding the meaning of them. "Pull" does not mean "collapse by explosive demolition".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 strawberry-pc

• Registered Users Posts: 25,229 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 280 ✭✭justcallmetex

Open to wha? you mean Jesus? Cause thats what the author is suggesting. Pitty cause it was looking interesting for a few paragraphs :mad:

Advertisement