Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What do you make of this?

Options
  • 27-11-2008 2:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Was wondering if anyone knows about a Company called RTL who are having a wholesale and high street stock clearance at the Heritage Hotel in Portloaise on Sunday 30th?

I got a brochure through the letterbox this morning and they are reportedly selling electrical stuff, homewares, jewellery, garden equipment, pc stuff, bikes and toys for dirt low prices. Ever the sceptic, rang and was told it's all end of the line, auction and ex-display stuff, reason it's so cheap.

Just wanted to know if anyone has ever used such a service or even heard of this company.

Thanks in advance,
    Fiona.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Enaghan01

Wow, didn't know there was a Laois thread.

I would say be very careful going to one of these auctions. Myself and some mates got dragged into one a couple of years ago. I got a really bad feeling and left early, the lads stayed and ended up getting codded, paying too much for crappy watches.

They start off auctioning really good stuff, saying that it's ex-display stuff, they get the crowd really worked up, thinking that you're getting great bargains and then when they have you worked up, they bring out the rubbish. It was very interesting mass psychology stuff, might be worth a look, just keep your wits about you

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭fmpisces

Thanks for that.

Yeah I'm actually in Tullamore but seeing as this is taking place in Portlaoise I thought maybe someone local might know.

Tbh DH was even more sceptical than I so he rang after me and was told some items were after being in auction, i.e. a sandwich toaster going for €20 and a fridge freezer for €3....that explained why.

Thanks for your advice - it is easy to think "wow!" but intend not to be blown away with sales talk. Will go and have a gander at what they have but am veering towards the non-electrical stuff...more bedding and dinner sets/cutlery etc. A family of 4 can never have enough of these in the house ('cos I keep breaking them, oops!).

Thanks again,
    Fiona.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭kikel

Enaghan01, has hit the nail onthe head there.
    K

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭gogo

This is from consumer issues a while back:
    big dirty scam.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055330312

Advertisement