Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Can I really have gained a stone in just 2 days? Please help me!

Options
  • 23-11-2008 9:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭

Hi, so Im in France on a school exchange. I noticed that they had a scales in their bathroom on Friday morning when I first got there, so I weighed myself, I was 9 stone. But then I weighed myself again this morning and I now weigh 10 stone!! ok, Im in France, so Ive been overindulging a little bit but nothing major, I think a croissant and a tiny bit of quiche were the worst things I ate, plus Ive been doing a load of walking. Can this really have been possible? Keep in mind that I look the same as ever, and my size 10 clothes are still kinda loose. Please help me, Im really upset!

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

No, unless you've literally STUFFED yourself. The scales was probably fiddled with. Wait till you get home and weigh yourself on whatever scales you normally use. ALWAYS use the same scales when you weigh yourself as they usually differ slightly.

Don't worry about it, once you keep to a normal healthy diet and don't stuff and extra 2000 calories down your gut every day you're not going to put on that much weight. Eat as you normally would and enjoy your holiday. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭norwegianwood

theyre not a digital scales though, does that matter?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Did you weigh yourself at the same time both days? Had you eaten the first time before weighing yourself? Were you dehydrated? Are you female? had you taken a dump recently? (numerous other possibilities).

im female, weighed myself both times in the morning, before eating anything......what does gender have to do with it though?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,262 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

unless you ate somebody I doubt it:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

im female, weighed myself both times in the morning, before eating anything......what does gender have to do with it though?

Women retain water around the time of their period I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,262 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

more than likely dodgy scales?

yeah thanks everyone, I really dont think its possible because if I really was 10 stone now my clothes wouldnt fit, would they? and id be royally screwed for the rest of this holiday lol!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I really dont think its possible because if I really was 10 stone now my clothes wouldnt fit, would they?

Exactly. To put on 14lb of fat you need around 49,000kcal, that is around days worth of food for many people. I have been on scales that are different if you lean to one side or another. I can also lose 1/2stone overnight due to hydration.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Zamboni

rubadub wrote: »
    ...you need around 49,000kcal, that is around days worth of food for many people.

For the Marshmallowman maybe!

Sorry dude, couldn't resist. I am sure you meant like 25 days :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭Orby

I think there's no indicator to whether or not your weight has changed than your clothes - they won't lie!

And they do fit, perfectly. Oh I do get into a state over nothing!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Zamboni wrote: »
    For the Marshmallowman maybe!

Sorry dude, couldn't resist. I am sure you meant like 25 days :D
    LOL, yeah, meant around 20!

Advertisement