Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ever wonder...

Options
  • 23-11-2008 7:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭

...how it is that we can have thread after thread of stuff like chemtrails, but
    something
    like this seems to raise not an eyebrow.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,176 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

It's not a conspiracy.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,229 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

Did anyone else notice the NWO in the corner of the police video?
    OMG NWO LOL!!!:pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

Astronomy forum is thataway
    >

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,792 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

It's not a conspiracy.
    And chemtrails don't exist. What's your point?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 NailGunner

bonkey wrote: »
    ...how it is that we can have thread after thread of stuff like chemtrails, but
    something
    like this seems to raise not an eyebrow.

Anything to scare the plebs. What should we do, ring Bruce Willis and Billy Bob??
    oscarBravo wrote: »
    And chemtrails don't exist.

OscarBravo's deny at all costs list;

1) The Lisbon Treaty (and the EU in general) is a fraud.
    2) We are getting sprayed like ants from the air. This includes spouting off about various cloud formations. Everyone with half a brain can see the planes and resulting fall out.
    3) The environmental movement is a fraud designed to reduce living standards in the west as well as promote population reduction.
    4) 9/11 was planned by the global elite, an excuse was needed to justify a "war on terror" (read war on the people).
    5) Increased carbon emissions have no effect on global warming (or is it cooling, we'll just say climate change, a convenient catch all.)

Quite a combat list, but then it is a full time pay check.

• Advertisement

NailGunner wrote: »

2) We are getting sprayed like ants from the air. This includes spouting off about various cloud formations. Everyone with half a brain can see the planes and resulting fall out.
    3) The environmental movement is a fraud designed to reduce living standards in the west as well as promote population reduction.
    4) 9/11 was planned by the global elite, an excuse was needed to justify a "war on terror" (read war on the people).
    5) Increased carbon emissions have no effect on global warming (or is it cooling, we'll just say climate change, a convenient catch all.)

If i deny it do i get paid by the NWO?
    Cause it'd be dead easy there being no evidence for any of it.

NailGunner wrote: »
    Hi. Have we met?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

It's not a conspiracy.

Nor are clouds or contrails.

Conspiracies are what are offered as the hypothetical explanations how all is not as it seems. Conspiracies are interpretations of evidence. This is evidence. So of course its not a conspiracy.

This thread, however, is enlightening. MC points me to the astronomy forum, indicating that the official explanation for this is what should be accepted. OB sees the connection I was hinting at, and draws a "deny at all costs" list of alternate interpretations.

We've seen threads here referring to Aurora, HAARP, chemtrails, and all sorts of other derring-do that the PTBs are up to in our atmosphere....and yet when something like this happens and gets widely ignored in the press....its an astronomical phenomenon which I shuldn't even be discussing here.

Could it be because no-one has told you that its a conspiracy?

If it was Alex Jones asking you if there wasn't somthing suspicious about it, and not bonkey....would you be pointing him at the astronomy forum?

Nor are clouds or contrails.

Conspiracies are what are offered as the hypothetical explanations how all is not as it seems. Conspiracies are interpretations of evidence. This is evidence. So of course its not a conspiracy.

This thread, however, is enlightening. MC points me to the astronomy forum, indicating that the official explanation for this is what should be accepted. OB sees the connection I was hinting at, and draws a "deny at all costs" list of alternate interpretations.

We've seen threads here referring to Aurora, HAARP, chemtrails, and all sorts of other derring-do that the PTBs are up to in our atmosphere....and yet when something like this happens and gets widely ignored in the press....its an astronomical phenomenon which I shuldn't even be discussing here.

Could it be because no-one has told you that its a conspiracy?

If it was Alex Jones asking you if there wasn't somthing suspicious about it, and not bonkey....would you be pointing him at the astronomy forum?

No I pointed you to the Astronomy forum because I feel that would be the best place to start a discussion on these sort of things, no point in tryin to extrapolate a conspiracy all by yerself, however if you began a discusion with experts in the field of astronomy and yer suspicions became aroused then ye'd have somewhere to start. tis like startin a thread on Lisbon here, y'd be better off startin it in Pollitics, when you get shouted down then you know what lies are being presented to you by the Pro side and can equip yerself to deal with them.

alternatley we could have just theorised that this is how Lizzards hatch, and that this is the shapeshifting replicator that is gonna kill Obama and replace him before inaguration

I'm sure there's a lot of conspiracy theories out there about the meteor, they just haven't filtered out yet.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vm08GYbebvU

I have seen something like that. They do look like they are really close.

It's also pretty amazing that conspiracy theorists never uncover things like this.
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/7747187.stm

King Mob wrote: »
    It's also pretty amazing that conspiracy theorists never uncover things like this.
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/7747187.stm

thats a pretty straightforward Zionist Conspiracy to starve out the Palestinians on the West Bank, I dont Bother talking about that here because Diogeness and others just turn any thread on the subject into a farce.

So for all the research into the zionist conspiracies how come no conspiracy theorist has ever uncovered an actual conspiracy like this?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

thats a pretty straightforward Zionist Conspiracy to starve out the Palestinians on the West Bank, I dont Bother talking about that here because Diogeness and others just turn any thread on the subject into a farce.

I'm not getting you, how is it a Zionist conspiracy? And I'd also like to know how pointing out that you come across as a racist about the Jews turns anything into a farce? The 'evidence' you've supplied in here for a Zionist conspiracy so far has been utter bull****, so maybe look a little closer to home for the farce.

John Kerry couldn't get elected in the previous US presidential election and one of his problems was he's a catholic while the establishment in the US is mostly protestant. So did the evil 'Prods' do him down or was it 'the Jews' that done it too?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

No I pointed you to the Astronomy forum because I feel that would be the best place to start a discussion on these sort of things,

If I wanted to discuss the science behind the astronomical event, thats certainly where I'd go.

If I wanted to throw that science out the window and put forward a claim / speculate that it was something else entirely, then surely I'd be in the wrong place there, starting a thread which should effectively be entitled "this is not astronomical".
    no point in tryin to extrapolate a conspiracy all by yerself, however if you began a discusion with experts in the field of astronomy and yer suspicions became aroused then ye'd have somewhere to start.
    Fair point.

If I understand it correctly, what you're effectively saying is that a solid understanding of the scientific principles surrounding the event would be a prerequisite for the discussion in terms of determining if something is fishy.

Taking the implications of that one step further, I would imagine that you'd also then agree that if I thought something was wrong but the astronomical experts assured me that I was merely misinterpreting things correctly because of gaps in my scientific understanding (the very reason I was talking to them in the first place), then I should listen to them?

What does it take before I can move away from that?
    tis like startin a thread on Lisbon here, y'd be better off startin it in Pollitics,
    I'd agree that you'd be better off starting it on Politics if you wanted a political discussion.
    when you get shouted down then you know what lies are being presented to you by the Pro side and can equip yerself to deal with them.
    Hmmm. This seems at odds with why I understood why I should go to the Astronomical forum.

You seem to be suggesting I go to Astronomy to get informed by experts then make up my mind. For the Lisbon Treaty, I can make up my mind, then go there and consider opposing opinions as lies.

This is sort of what I was driving towards, though, when I started this thread.

Let me give some other examples, to try and make it clearer....

There was a box-spread made on the NYSE some time back, which sparked the conspiracy theory that it was a sign of another 911 (even though no such box-spread occurred prior to 911). Those who tried to explain that it was just a box-spread weren't really listened to. There was a conspiracy theory afoot, and expert opinion be damned.

There were some internet blackouts when a number of cables went down in a short period of time. That hatched the conspiracy theory that an invasion of Iran was about to start. Again, reason be damned...there had to be something sinister. Cables just don't get cut like that. Only it appears that this is exactly what happened

These are the first ones that come to mind, but seriously....we can all pick examples of things that had their 15 minutes of fame as "maybe a conspiracy", where the rational, expert-based explanations were unacceptable, even though at the end of the day they appear to have been correct.

So I'm curious....what makes a conspiracy? Is the meteorite event not one (yet) because someone else hasn't (yet) offered you something to believe in other than the scientific explanation? Is there some level of "expert opinion" that needs to be crossed before things become credible.

What makes a conspiracy? When do you start looking at the experts' explanations as "the lies to arm yourself against", rather than "the experts' explanation"?

alternatley we could have just theorised that this is how Lizzards hatch, and that this is the shapeshifting replicator that is gonna kill Obama and replace him before inaguration
    Thanks, but I'm trying to have a serious discussion here.

Ok I wouldnt consider it all that different with why I suggested the Astronomy Forum for this and the Politics Forum for Lisbon, the reasoning is the same, we all have our own view of how the world works, som of us believe in an overarching conspiracy binding it all together

for example if you went to the Astronomy forum and several of the posters decried that there was anything suspicious about the meteorite and we should just shag off and stop annoying them about trivial things then suspicion is aroused and further investigation merited, You shouldnt just Listen to anyone its up to the individual to draw their own conclusions, the more you understand about the topic in hand the more solid your conclusions will be, however even with the fullest of understanding these things will always be slanted by predetermined bias of the observer.

I know Naff all about the Box spread and was willing to listen to the info presented on that with a wait and see attitude.

The cables that got cut in the Persian Gulf did seem very suspicious at the time, and I have no doubt tha over the fullness of time an explanation will present itself, I am also fairly convinced that something more sinister was involved in that.

I'd cite an example of te Financial crisis thats occuring at the moment, A discussion was started here a while ago, I made a few simple questions as I had been under the mistake belief that the Fundamentals of the economy were sound, initialy I was ridiculed for my lack of understanding, I asked a few questions and got more ridicule being told that it was virtually impossible for all the economies of the world to collapse/go into recession simultaneously, I was unconvinced, I tried to research things further, I note a conspicious abscence of 'Economic Experts' reassurin us that everything is fine today

tis like startin a thread on Lisbon here, y'd be better off startin it in Pollitics, when you get shouted down then you know what lies are being presented to you by the Pro side and can equip yerself to deal with them.
    It intrigues me that you start with the assumption that anything you're told by the opposing side is a lie.

On what do you base your absolute certainty about a subject, before you've even considered all aspects of it?

Look at Rtdh's Lisbon posts here. Much of what he posts is completely factually inaccurate, as I've demonstrated. But it seems there are those who will assume he's right and that I'm lying.

What informs such blind conviction?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

for example if you went to the Astronomy forum and several of the posters decried that there was anything suspicious about the meteorite and we should just shag off and stop annoying them about trivial things then suspicion is aroused and further investigation merited, You shouldnt just Listen to anyone its up to the individual to draw their own conclusions, the more you understand about the topic in hand the more solid your conclusions will be, however even with the fullest of understanding these things will always be slanted by predetermined bias of the observer.

So if I get this right you listen to experts and if they all say there's nothing in it you then believe there is something in it? This may be why we seem to mostly have opposing views in here, I listen to the experts (and assuming their use of good logic and sense) I'll believe them that there's nothing in it.
    I know Naff all about the Box spread and was willing to listen to the info presented on that with a wait and see attitude.

I don't know anything about it either but I've yet to see a CT explain where this supposed one happened before 911, it just did. And even if it did, why shouldn't it happen then or any other time. We'll all remember the story of the boy who cried wolf, and yet the CT's cry wolf on a daily basis and then hand out the i-told-you-so's when eventually, after many many false alarms, something does happen.
    The cables that got cut in the Persian Gulf did seem very suspicious at the time, and I have no doubt tha over the fullness of time an explanation will present itself, I am also fairly convinced that something more sinister was involved in that.

Sea cables get broken and cut on a regular basis, fact. So why shouldn't out of pure coincidence some in the same area get knocked out?

I'll quote bonkey on this
    You could do all sorts of fun things, most of which would be variants of the basic "man-in-the-middle" attack.

The thing is this, though.....lets forget for a second that we're talking about an undersea cable, but rather a straightforward pole-to-pole telegraph and you're a seekr1t agent who wants to tap the line.

If you had no access to the company who owns/maintains the line, then cutting the cable is the last thing you want to do, because that will force said phone company to come out and repair it....at which point, they'll notice some stuff (your tapping equipment) where it isn't supposed to be. At the very least, one can expect that they'd remove it.

If you had access to the company, then there wouldn't be any need to cut the cable. You could just install whatever you wanted under the guise of standard repairs / line-checking...or indeed just do it where the cable terminates, rather than hidden under the ocean somewhere.

Bearing in mind that this cable is underwater, there are more problems. Lets say you've somehow cut it to tap it and that's what it was all about. So you now have a tap, underwater. What do you do? String another cable along the seabed, where none is supposed to be, to where you can actually do something and just hope no-one ever sees it? Rig up a powerful transmitter and work wirelessly, and just hope that no-one ever notices that there's a big radio signal originating from around where the cables were cut, and ends up listening-in to your listening-in operation?

At the end of the day, none of it really makes sense, except maybe the possibility that someone wanted someone else to have seriously reduced bandwidth for some reason, for a short period of time. Beyond that...trying to guess who the various someone's are, and why they might want it is just an exercise in fantasy, to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭trentf

LMAO agree with you completely on his deny at all cost list which leads to his 'to do' list

1) Break your own forum rules and Ban people from forums when they are getting information out that might 'educate' others as to whats really going on. Make up some fake reason why rules were broken and repeat until all that is left are arguments which agree with self.

2) Do not bite the hand thats feeds you, try best not to upset government and grant so support the 'masters' at all costs

3) Any piece of viable information that is presented just immeadiately deny its existance or laugh it off as inconsequential

4) no matter how obvious or tied events, timelines, history, or actions of those in the know look present them all as a matter of coincidence and of no value whatsoever

5) Only have 1 viewpoint at all times: denial

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭trentf

King Mob wrote: »
    If i deny it do i get paid by the NWO?
    Cause it'd be dead easy there being no evidence for any of it.

yup thats right no evidence none at all hell no evidence ... i mean whats spoken word after all....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jPzAakHPpk

seriously he was just joking ahhahahha... do you get the joke??? funny isn't it what he said that was a joke ...

trentf, put up or shut up. Provide evidence that I'm in receipt of government funding, or stop making the allegation.

trentf wrote: »
    yup thats right no evidence none at all hell no evidence ... i mean whats spoken word after all....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jPzAakHPpk

seriously he was just joking ahhahahha... do you get the joke??? funny isn't it what he said that was a joke ...
    No it's not evidence in the slightest.
    You'll have to do better than one out of context quote.

Advertisement